Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I attended PSU for 3 1/2 years and I'm still as dumb as post!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-01, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG.

While I'll freely admit I'm one of the guys that says 'God damn, this gun is a piece of shit' when I die to a JH or MCG, it really isn't that bad. If you don't miss a shot and you engage a MCG, you'll win. Just back off a bit from JH's because if the other person has half a brain you won't win closer than 10m.

The thing that is frustrating about the Lasher is that it never shoots where you want it to. Countless times I've tried ADADADADing enemies and when I'd go right, it'd shoot to the left, then I'd go left, and it'd shoot to the right, and I wouldn't land one damn shot. I have good days though where I tear through NC and TR alike with it.

It's really hit or miss with the gun, but if you learn how to place your shots it isn't a bad gun at all.
Old 2012-07-01, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arkaiden
Private

Not only is it inaccurate, but the rounds are slow as dirt. Anyone even remotely in the way of a round from 50 feet out can dodge it.

Meanwhilst, I repeatedly got sniped by mcgs from 100 yards out.
Old 2012-07-01, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Bravix
Sergeant Major

My major gripe is it's innacuracy and hit recognition.

I have, not making shit up here, pumped 14 orbs into a guy. Saw them hit. Then died to the guy's MCG.

Against TR, if it actually records my hits, I can charge up and do some damage.

Never have much luck against NC. It's too inaccurate. NC doesn't have to do a ton of damage to you if you have the Lasher. One little pellet from their shotgun and your aim blooms outta control. After that, you're done for.

I don't know what's up with the hit recognition...sometimes it works flawlessly, other times it leaves me going, "WTF." And its not my internet connection, because I've never had a problem with the Pulsar. I <3 Pulsar.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
While I'll freely admit I'm one of the guys that says 'God damn, this gun is a piece of shit' when I die to a JH or MCG, it really isn't that bad. If you don't miss a shot and you engage a MCG, you'll win. Just back off a bit from JH's because if the other person has half a brain you won't win closer than 10m.

The thing that is frustrating about the Lasher is that it never shoots where you want it to. Countless times I've tried ADADADADing enemies and when I'd go right, it'd shoot to the left, then I'd go left, and it'd shoot to the right, and I wouldn't land one damn shot. I have good days though where I tear through NC and TR alike with it.

It's really hit or miss with the gun, but if you learn how to place your shots it isn't a bad gun at all.
Thank you for your reply, and i'm not trying to be a cock here.

But didn't you just contradict yourself pretty heavily there?

You said its frustrating that it never shoots where you want it too, and then you said learn to place your shots. :P

This is why I prefer the Sweeper. Sure its worse than a JH, but fuck me, at least its reliable. I know its range, i know what it can do and what it can't do.

Every time i pick up the Lasher i just never know if its going to hit every time, or miss every time.

I do play with a 180~ ping constantly because I'm in London, that coupled with the already suspect latency issues and hit recognition in Planetside makes some gunfights rather interesting.

Like, for example, me in a tower with an AI Max. A guy runs up the stairs towards me.. i move around the corner and start blasting him in the face, he looks at me for a second, puts away his gun, turns around and runs back down the stairs in a straight line and round the corner, while i'm constantly shooting him in the back, with hit markers everywhere. In an AI MAX. Its a Rexo i'm shooting at.

He doesn't die and just runs around the corner.

The thing i'm really looking forward to in PS2, more than anything, is having it so when i SHOOT people, they ACTUALY DIE.

Last edited by Xaine; 2012-07-01 at 11:57 PM.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
The thing i'm really looking forward to in PS2, more than anything, is having it so when i SHOOT people, they ACTUALY DIE.
Soooooo much this. Playing PS1 these last few days I hate when I die to someone I've put 8 JH shots into and my enhanced targeting shows me that only 2 actually registered
Old 2012-07-02, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by infy View Post
Weapons in ps doesn't really matter, it's all bout your aim. Sometimes i can kill people with the lasher way faster than the mcg/jh, clientside oi?

check out some of my vids :

Inf3rNaL #1 - YouTube
3RD person view ownage ftw.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

I compensate for my bad aim and lasher usage with P-Shield and a Quasar.

But yeah, it's not really that good even in groups any more. Scares ya and keeps you out of tunnels just fine though.

Last edited by Captain1nsaneo; 2012-07-02 at 07:48 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
infy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
3RD person view ownage ftw.
Heh, tryed to get creative on it... Its nothing special, but im working on another one right now where im trying to get some footage of me facerolling 1v5 etc.. It's my first vid anyways
Old 2012-07-02, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Weapons in ps doesn't really matter, it's all bout your aim. Sometimes i can kill people with the lasher way faster than the mcg/jh, clientside oi?

check out some of my vids :

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQNWQR8R4Q4"]Inf3rNaL #1 - YouTube[/ url]
Mmmh, not to sound a prick, and knowing I'm not that good of an aim, but really, aiming and hitting in PS1 isn't difficult. Often what makes you win in your vid is more your movement (which must make you warp a lot on ennemy screen) than your aim.
After coming back to PS, I'm rather shocked how I find it easy to hit compared to my memory after having played other FPS for some years.

As for topic, the very concept of Lasher, from the beginning, a weapon which is technically going to miss, and which is given a stupid mecanism to make up for missing, is going to be a fail.
I much prefer current lasher where actually hitting is much more controllable than before, when orb was slow and CoF wild after 4 shots
Old 2012-07-02, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
infy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Kalbuth View Post
Mmmh, not to sound a prick, and knowing I'm not that good of an aim, but really, aiming and hitting in PS1 isn't difficult. Often what makes you win in your vid is more your movement (which must make you warp a lot on ennemy screen) than your aim.
After coming back to PS, I'm rather shocked how I find it easy to hit compared to my memory after having played other FPS for some years.

As for topic, the very concept of Lasher, from the beginning, a weapon which is technically going to miss, and which is given a stupid mecanism to make up for missing, is going to be a fail.
I much prefer current lasher where actually hitting is much more controllable than before, when orb was slow and CoF wild after 4 shots
I'm sure we are all well aware of that

And im getting tired of hearing this "warp" blah blah bs rofl, everyone warps just cert an aim
Old 2012-07-02, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
I would love this stupid debate to be settled with PS1 stats released on which HAs since patch have been scavenged the most. From my experience I have often seen NC and TR bodies looted, while VS corpses are ignored, the Lasher is not prized.
well as Redshift pointed out one of the main reasons it's not taken is due to the fact NC & TR can't freely get ammo for it.

Honestly I've seen people handle the lasher like a pro, you need skill to wield it, how long since you all last played Planetside btw? if you've only just come back after years sabatical what are you expecting, just to pick up a gun and be god like? pffff

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-07-02, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

I'm sure we are all well aware of that

And im getting tired of hearing this "warp" blah blah bs rofl, everyone warps just cert an aim
You're getting overly defensive
Old 2012-07-02, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Verruna
Private

In my mind planetsides netcode/player warping combined with lasher orbs having to be led and general inaccuracy of the weapon itself makes the lasher a piece of garbage in its current state. If you manage to direct hit land all your orbs its decent though, LOL. Its not completely useless but its the worst HA.
Old 2012-07-02, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
well as Redshift pointed out one of the main reasons it's not taken is due to the fact NC & TR can't freely get ammo for it.

Honestly I've seen people handle the lasher like a pro, you need skill to wield it
Not sure "skill" or lack thereof is an excuse. I've played with some of the best Lasher users in PS history and all of them still agree that over the course of PS it was still the worst HA.

I see no reason why PS2 shouldn't have more balanced HA however.
Old 2012-07-02, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

fuck ha. guass/sweeper for the motherfucking win.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion