Twitter QnA Question list : ART WEEK - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Silly Hamma, Planetside's for kids!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-27, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Twitter QnA Question list : ART WEEK

Just like last time, lets get our questions in a nice organized way so hamma can ask them for us.

First thing i do is to get last weeks questions up here again, without those that got answered. Until i have done that (will take a bit guys, im busy ), just keep spamming new questions. If you ask something thats already on the list, no worrys, i will just ignore you.

Questions away!

There we go:

Art:

Question:
Does the Liberator still have it's distinctive engine noise?
Answer:

Question:
What kind of variation in color schemes is allowed by customization? How far can it go before it's deemed to affect gameplay?
Answer:
You will be able to customize your character within the color ranges posted on the website as well as warm greys and cool greys. It will go as far as it can go without affecting gameplay.

Question:
Blue and purple are hard to distinguish for the color blind. Is there a way such people can play with their Vanu or NC friends?
Answer:

Question:
Valve made bold statements about recognizeability when they made TF2. Does your team prioritize easy in-combat identification?
Answer:

Question:
We know customization options for weapons and such will be visible on the models. Are they meant to be visible at range, too?
Answer:

Question:
How will rank affect armor colorization? Will experienced players and leaders stand out on the battlefield to their enemies?
Answer:
Rank will be more left up to UI and rank insignia, as you rank up you will be allowed to have different tints, weapon types, etc.

Question:
What is the art inspiration for the NC's new look? Can we get some better images of that new look?
Answer:

Question:
Could we please please please prettyplease get some screenshots of the Weapons?
Answer:

Question:
Could we please also get screenshots of the 3 tanks to compare them/drool on their beauty?
Answer:

Question:
Could we please get some screenys showing the map etc? Just give us pictures of everything!
Answer:

Question:
Is Don Ferrone the composer for PS2 music?
Answer:

Question:
Does each weapon and vehicle have its own distinct sounds (to hear the difference between Gauss, Pulsar, Cycler etc.)
Answer:

Question:
PCGamer listed 4 variants to the cycler. Will each weapon have 4 variants or is there a variable number of variants for weapons?
Answer:

Question:
Does your concept->"in game" pipeline involve pencils or real models, or is it all on the computer?
Answer:

Question:
What fraction of the art staff has formal artistic training?
Answer:

Question:
T-Ray, what will we see that you personally designed, textured, modeled, and/or animated?
Answer:

Question:
T-Ray, which of your accomplishments from PS1 are you most proud of?
Answer:

Question:
Is any of the UI finalized yet? Want screens! gimmegimmegimme?
Answer:

Question:
NC design is focused on old tech. How does that and resources fit the "we use nanites to summon stuff out of thin air" concept?
Answer:

Question:
If vehicles always (?) use their faction's colors, will the NS color scheme only be seen on guns and crates, but never on vehs?
Answer:

Question:
The Lib was put under the NC art description. Coincidence or will there be empire-specific design elements in common vehicles?
Answer:

Question:
How many different vehicles do you currently have models for and how many do you expect to have at launch?
Answer:

Question:
Will it still be possible to turn off certain visuals (grass, dust storms, etc) to gain an advantage over someone who has them on?
Answer:

Question:
Will we be able to see which class a character is from far away, or is the visual difference between them less obvious?
Answer:

Question:
Can we still create our own ingame "art", means draw stuff on the map?
Answer:

Question:
How is the invisibility for the cloaker being handled in PS2? I like the partial visibility while running, but it is exploitable.
Answer:

Question:
When can we see more landscape screenshots which is not related to desert or valley ? Like forests, volcano and lakeside.. etc
Answer:

Question:
When can we see the Indar continent map(not asking for more, just this one map)? 'Cause we want to figure out how large it'll be.
Answer:

Question:
Will the awesomely stylish agile armor helmets for the VS be making a return?
Answer:

Question:
How much animation are vehicles going to have, such as using flaps for turning?
Answer:

Question:
Will the Terran Republic MAX anchor animation be making a comeback?
Answer:

Question:
Is there any art design of the Ancient Vanu who used to live on Auraxis or of their remnants, besides the warpgates?
Answer:

Question:
Does forge light support locational damage (sparks, holes in armour, engine fires etc.) and will we see it in PlanetSide 2?
Answer:

New stuff (from other people, means questions not on the list before the QnA.)

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Last edited by basti; 2011-09-30 at 05:59 PM.
Old 2011-09-27, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Graywolves
General

Re: Twitter QnA Question list : ART WEEK

Try not to ask questions of things we already know too.
Old 2011-09-27, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

1. Does the Liberator still have it's distinctive engine noise?
Old 2011-09-27, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Raymac
Brigadier General

Since it's "art week", do we want to play along and ask art-specific questions?

Old 2011-09-27, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
kaffis
Contributor
Major

What kind of variation in color schemes is allowed by customization? How far can it go before it's deemed to affect gameplay?

Blue and purple are hard to distinguish for the color blind. Is there a way such people can play with their Vanu or NC friends?

Valve made bold statements about recognizeability when they made TF2. Does your team prioritize easy in-combat identification?

We know customization options for weapons and such will be visible on the models. Are they meant to be visible at range, too?

How will rank affect armor colorization? Will experienced players and leaders stand out on the battlefield to their enemies?

Last edited by kaffis; 2011-09-27 at 12:10 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-27, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

NC LOOK

* What is the art inspiration for the NC's new look?

* Can we get some better images of that new look?

WEAPONS

* Pix of the Jackhammer or it ain't real.

* Pix of Phoenix please.

* Renders of just the weapons would be good and fansites could use them for other purposes I'm sure.

TANKS

* Would like to see a tank image of the Prowler (seen the other two, haven't seen prowler).

* Would like to see a tank image with both primary and alternate secondary guns (like a mortar or flak cannon).

STRUCTURES

* Would like to see some base, tower, and bunker layouts.

* Would like to see images of interior of base and tower and bunkers.

MAPS

* Would like to see a continent map image.

* Would like to see the player's view of available missions and how they interact with them.

* Would like to see what the create-mission interface looks like.

* Would like to see the resource view of the map and territory control.

OUTFIT

* Outfit management interface would be nice to see.

CUSTOMIZATION

* Got images of class select screens?

* Cert tree view?

* Picking any other customizations, like implants?

MUSIC?

* I think music falls under art, but you might disagree. Is Don Ferrone the composer for PS2 music? (Any answer other than "yes" is considered epic fail.)

SOUND

* Does each weapon and vehicle have its own distinct sounds? It was great in PS1 how you could tell the difference between a gauss, cycler, and pulsar by its sound. Same with HA, tanks, pistols, shotguns, AV, etc.
Old 2011-09-27, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

PCGamer listed 4 variants to the cycler. Will each weapon have 4 variants or is there a variable number of variants for various vepons?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-27, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

A followup to that would be to show us renders of one particular weapon and show how each variant differs from the others.
Old 2011-09-27, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
* Pix of the...
* Would like to see...
While he might be able to tweet images, I'm not so sure. I suggest one of the first questions be:
"Can you tweet images, or just answer questions?"

More questions:

How many different in-game models of the Mosquito have their been? What vehicle/class has had the most?

Does your concept->"in game" pipeline involve pencils or real models, or is it all on the computer?

What fraction of the art staff has formal artistic training?

What will we see that you personally designed, textured, modeled, and/or animated?

Which of your accomplishments from PS1 are you most proud of?

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2011-09-27 at 12:46 PM.
Old 2011-09-27, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I'm wondering if they plan on allowing any player generated art content at some point. Ideally we could create our own logos or skins, approve/upload them.

But it could start just with outfit logos. Having a predetermined list like PS1 isn't the way to go. How CoD Black Ops did their Playercards is a good example. It's still a list of items to choose from, but you can modify the color, size, angle, multiple layers, all with hundreds of symbols to use. Occasionally you see the strange gorilla-unicorn sex, but the game is all ready gonna be rated teen I bet, so vulgar things can be expected, but it can also be monitored.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2011-09-27 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2011-09-27, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187 View Post
I'm wondering if they plan on allowing any player generated art content at some point. Ideally we could create our own logos or skins, approve/upload them.
This would be a great thing to sell at the cash shop. Verifying logos takes real people time, so let us pay for it. You could even make it moderately expensive (20 USD +/-), and make a relatively rare Prestige Thing.
Old 2011-09-27, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nice work on this again basti!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-27, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Napalm it ain't an interview. If you don't like my questions move on. I want to see some of the UI design. If they dont' show it they don't show it.
Old 2011-09-27, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

I've edited my initial response to your post to take the edge off. Apologies.

More art questions...

Is any of the UI finalized yet? Which screens and gimmegimmegimme?

What tools/software do you use?
Old 2011-09-27, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
FIREk
Captain

All shortened to be up to 140 chars with "@planetside2 " at the beginning.

NC design is focused on old tech. How does that and resources fit the "we use nanites to summon stuff out of thin air" concept?

If vehicles always (?) use their faction's colors, will the NS color scheme only be seen on guns and crates, but never on vehs?

The Lib was put under the NC art description. Coincidence or will there be empire-specific design elements in common vehicles?

That Mosquito (TR only?) looks like a gunship. Does this mean the Reaver is NC, and a "gunship" is an AV/AI-customized fighter?

Will the Magrider even have a secondary gunner? It doesn't look like there's enough room for a small turret on that model.

Last edited by FIREk; 2011-09-27 at 02:10 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion