Compromise for the driver=gunner issue. - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes, we ARE too sexy for you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-29, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Compromise for the driver=gunner issue.

I can't believe I'm wading into these waters again, but something in the recent Videogamer.com interview really struck me in relation to this endless debate.

It likely has been mentioned before, but I think this might be the perfect solution to finally end all this squabbling. Let me start with the quote. The question was in regards to the level of customization in PS2:

You can pimp out your tank, change your secondary and primary weapons on it, change the armour on it.
It's so shockingly simple. You allow the player to customize his tank to swap the secondary weapon with the primary weapon.

It can then be balanced fairly easily since we all know from our time spent in Lightnings that gunning and driving at the same time isn't the easiest thing in the world. From my point of view, it looks like the perfect split-the-baby solution, and it seems to be something the devs are already talking about.

Old 2011-09-29, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Baron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I can't believe I'm wading into these waters again, but something in the recent Videogamer.com interview really struck me in relation to this endless debate.

It likely has been mentioned before, but I think this might be the perfect solution to finally end all this squabbling. Let me start with the quote. The question was in regards to the level of customization in PS2:

It's so shockingly simple. You allow the player to customize his tank to swap the secondary weapon with the primary weapon.

It can then be balanced fairly easily since we all know from our time spent in Lightnings that gunning and driving at the same time isn't the easiest thing in the world. From my point of view, it looks like the perfect split-the-baby solution, and it seems to be something the devs are already talking about.
To be technical, he didn't say you could SWITCH the primary and secondary weapon, regarding control...just change them. It is possible by changing the roles of each gun you could effectively "switch" them...AV vs. AI vs. AA
Old 2011-09-29, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Baron View Post
To be technical, he didn't say you could SWITCH the primary and secondary weapon, regarding control...just change them. It is possible by changing the roles of each gun you could effectively "switch" them...AV vs. AI vs. AA
No, you are exactly right. The way you described it is the way I believe he meant it, but it's just a small step from that to actually switching the guns altogether.

Old 2011-09-29, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

EMP weapon on the driver gun ?

Ooooh yes.
Old 2011-09-30, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Azren
Sergeant Major

This is very blurry. For one, we always knew we could change the driver's gun, just like much else on the tank (engine, armor, ect). This really doesn't change much, unless the balance of the two guns is linked: if you lower the power of the driver gun, the gunner gun will get more powerful - that would fix this issue (for the magrider at least).

Last edited by Azren; 2011-09-30 at 12:29 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion