Base picture analysis - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why are you ignoring me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-28, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Base picture analysis

I've added a category to the media library that contains all relevant tweeted images.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...php?cat_id=129

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-10-28, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
Remember the picture Higby tweeted last week to hint at this week's theme?

Remember how huge the TR armor was, somewhere between Rexo and MAX? I suspect we haven't seen the last of that grade of armor.

I'm going to guess that armor is exclusive to the Heavy Assault class, and the Rexo stuff we're seeing here is for medium combat classes.

HA might start with Rexo and unlock the pseudo-MAX suit, while other classes might start with agile with some able to unlock the Rexo (medic, engy? Sure. LA? I'd guess "no").
I guess we really don't know what classes are going to look like. Will a class be tied to an armor? Will most skill trees be tied to a class?

Here is my bare bones minimum number of classes I can come up with based on our present knowledge.

Scout (cloaker, sniper)
Support (medic, engi)
Light Assault (jump jets)
Heavy Assault (HA, AV, MAXes)

That's only 4 and we've heard there will be 6. I think medic and engi would make a lot more sense to be combined than Heavy Assault and MAXes though. You could do the sniper/cloaker thing and prevent someone from using both engi and medic skills at the same time, a loss that won't be felt as strongly considering that infantry armor is being replaced with shields.

Anyhow, I guess we'll just have to wait for more information, or maybe a 'Class Week' to find out for sure.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
raykor
Private

I like that the vehicle entrances for bases have shields. I assume that they would work like the current cave mod and still allow infantry to pass through.

I wonder if shields are enabled by default or as a benefit from controlling one of the non-base objectives they have mentioned will be scattered throughout the zone.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-29, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I think all the exterior buildings are there to provide us with urban-style combat. That base is easily 3-4x the size of a PS1 dropship center. Absolutely massive. Less like a base and more like a small city.
Old 2011-10-29, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I wonder if we will be getting any larger, actual cities to fight in as some of the environments in PS2.
Old 2011-10-29, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Traak
Colonel

Imagine having to assault and clear an 80-story tower loaded with junky, blow-up rooms littered with debris.

Trainloads of W00T.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Baron
First Sergeant

If the AMP station is this big ....think about the Drop Ship Center! Assuming there is one and it's similarly scaled, people's desire for small cities to fight in must might be a reality.
Old 2011-10-30, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I guess we really don't know what classes are going to look like. Will a class be tied to an armor? Will most skill trees be tied to a class?

Here is my bare bones minimum number of classes I can come up with based on our present knowledge.

Scout (cloaker, sniper)
Support (medic, engi)
Light Assault (jump jets)
Heavy Assault (HA, AV, MAXes)

That's only 4 and we've heard there will be 6. I think medic and engi would make a lot more sense to be combined than Heavy Assault and MAXes though. You could do the sniper/cloaker thing and prevent someone from using both engi and medic skills at the same time, a loss that won't be felt as strongly considering that infantry armor is being replaced with shields.

Anyhow, I guess we'll just have to wait for more information, or maybe a 'Class Week' to find out for sure.
Pilot,
Commander,
Medic?

Just some ideas....

Morto.
Old 2011-11-01, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Baron View Post
If the AMP station is this big ....think about the Drop Ship Center! Assuming there is one and it's similarly scaled, people's desire for small cities to fight in must might be a reality.
I seem to remember them saying that Dropship centres were out; no idea where I got that from though. In all fairness I hope they are out; I want to be able to get Gals from any base.
Old 2011-11-01, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

They've said something like there aren't specific facilities you need to pull vehicles, which would imply no dropship centers. On the other hand I had the impression that there were no specific facilities at all, and yet they called this an amp center, so maybe I'm missing something.
Old 2011-11-01, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
They've said something like there aren't specific facilities you need to pull vehicles, which would imply no dropship centers. On the other hand I had the impression that there were no specific facilities at all, and yet they called this an amp center, so maybe I'm missing something.
Could be specific by design only, with no other connections to it?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion