Usa Must Help Planetside!!!!! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A frag and a half.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-10-26, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

To Korea: My sincerest apologies. They probably took the American Government's lead and have orgasms when they prevent kiddies from having fun.

To Noxx: Unfortunately, most kids your age are idjits (Idiot midjits ). A few of them, like you, are probably even more intelligent and mature then the majority of the adult population... but it seems those old timers enjoy nothing more than limiting kids in everyway possible. I'd know. I may be 18, but I still can't do anything... except die for my country or cast a single vote. Of course, they probably rip up my ballot and laugh their asses silly when they see I just meet the bare minimum.

In closing: Age = Experience. Nothing more. You aren't more intelligent, wise, or all-knowing when you reach a certain age. You don't know fire burns until you burn yourself. You can't tell someone not to touch fire and expect them to just nod their head unquestioningly. You have to play around a little and singe yourself. Making it illegal to play certain games and/or drink certain beverages only makes it that much tougher on the individual when that age is attained. Meaning, when you reach that magicol age of 21, you're very likely going to get rip-roarin' drunk the first few nights - everynight. Why? Because, this is the FIRST time in your life you CAN. Theoretically, you shouldn't even know what it tastes like yet, let alone know how much you can drink before the point of no return. True, some people don't do this. They're part of the mature population.

I think I needn't explain myself any further. Everyone probably already agrees or disagrees with what I'm saying.

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2002-10-26 at 03:52 PM.
Old 2002-10-27, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Metacom
Private

alot of people in america dont have anything better than to play games, we all like to spend money.
Old 2002-10-27, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Well in England that "magical age" is 18

And what do people in the USA have to compensate for? If you wanted people to compensate for the loss of Korean players surely you don't want to ignore us Europeans?

In Greece games all eletronic games are banned (or something) and in Germany you can't have games where you kill people. This isn't affecting any games, even though Germany is a prosperous country and so is Greece (well...maybe .

Oh, and I'm 15 =]

Old 2002-10-27, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Again I doubt this will stop people under that age from playing

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-10-28, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Nohimn
Major

Talking Everyone

Fine, not JUST america. I wish I can change the name of this thread! Well, I know that little Korean kids WILL get their hands on this game, but other kids can't, and because this is half of MMOG players in Korea, it is something to worry about. They apparently think that any kid below 18 is far too impressionable to play these games. That's bullshit. Maybe if they are 9, then we have something to worry about. People in Korea took the easy way out in blaming MMOGs for criminal acts. Why? Because a lot of criminals play these games! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?! It's Asia! Everyone plays videogames!! I really think that this was only done due to a lack of common sense. This wasn't really meant to be a discussion, more of a signal to everyone saying we MUST compensate. An interview revealed that Planetside was meant to have a major server in Korea, so that is what I'm worried about! Just get your friends to play it, that's all I ask of.

Old 2002-10-28, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

If not for gaming I would not be the Nazi admin I am today!

Old 2002-10-28, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Jarvis
Private

Old 2002-10-28, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Old 2002-10-29, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

we should all get fingerprint identifiers with the game... and even should have to login and "finger scan" and every 30 mins to secure 18 years old and up only playing

/me wakes up...

damn dreams
Old 2002-10-30, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Why 18 and up?

Please tell me you're not stereotyping. I'll happily say I'm 15, but I'm not a stereotypical teenager who plays counter strike all day and swears constantly.

The sad fact is that stereotype is for the most part true

Old 2002-10-30, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I'm 18 now, so you're obviously going to hear me say screw the wee-uns. I had to go through the wait, they do too.

Of course, that's not true, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite. I was VERY mature when I was younger. In fact, the difference between when I was 15 and when I was 18 is nearly zero. I'm just slightly taller now and perhaps a bit more bitter. Still as idealistic as ever... but that's another story.

I agree with ya Fish. Instead of limiting it by age, they should limit by maturity... maybe have a "maturity test" or something, though I can see far too many problems with that.
Old 2002-10-30, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Nohimn
Major

Talking Topic of Age

To tell you the truth, I am 13, and I am over 6 feet tall. Don't call me a midget!

Old 2002-10-30, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

I am 8.

Old 2002-10-30, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

Wink

I am -2
Old 2002-10-30, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #30