lights vs heavys - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Too many Vanu on the dance floor
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-09, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
cujoman39
Sergeant

lights vs heavys

lights will be useless in this game unless headshots do more damage than other parts of the body. light weapons will be useless and everyone will be running around in heavys. i dont want ot hear about lights having to use supirior numbers because heavys can match them, and what about the lone sniper in light armor is not going to be able to kill someone before they find out where he is shooting and kill him because of his slow firing rifle, which is not as strong as the rifles a heavy cam use.

plus a sniper has to be in light armor when he is by himself so he can cross country quickly.
Old 2002-12-09, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
cujoman39
Sergeant

if there is no part specific damage lights will have to sht at a heavy for like two mintues and running in circles around but gets killed by a newbie in heavy armor because one of his bullets got lucky and landed killing the light in one shot.
Old 2002-12-09, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

you'll just have to be sure you use the right tool for the situation.

I'm betting a few anti-vehicle rockets or even better a tank will make a dent or two.
Old 2002-12-09, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I would think a tank would be slightly more powerful than a MAX but who knows? Well... Hamma does. Anyways, I figure a small group of people all with anti-vehicular weapons should be able to take out a MAX fairly easily. One on one however, should be very hard. Maybe a |337 guy in medium armor could take one on as long as he had a anti-vehicular weapon or something. However, he would have to be very very uber |337 and the MAX couldn't be |337...

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-09, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Everyone wont be running around in a MAX.. there are things that you cant do in a max

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-09, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It's all about restrictions. One of the main Developers worked on Tribes 2, right? Well, in Tribes, you could only pilot a vehicle in light armor. And you could only use certain weapons in Medium armor, and same with Heavy armor. Of course, mobility was king in Tribes so everyone who wasn't "base raping" was in light armor, but in PS I'm sure we'll see much more balance of that kind. Heavier weapons won't be able to be used by lighter armor, and many tools and vehicles in turn won't be able to be used by heavier armor. Something like that anyway.
Old 2002-12-09, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I'd bet money that Lights won't be useless

Old 2002-12-09, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Wookiee
Private

I think that many people will be in light/medium armor because it will just be a lot more fun. Plus A good squad must have light/medium armored people because a large group of MAX's= Slow moving fodder. sure they have extreme firepower but they will be easy to suprise and they will not be able to get out of the way of Anti-tank weapons (Exept The Vanu's MAX).

Also there will be snipers. I plan to be a sniper in light armor. Who would you be afriad of the lone sniper on the hill or the five tanks with 2 reavers.
Old 2002-12-09, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

The way I look at it the MAX is a vechicle, and not a suit of armor. Think about it, you must be in light armor (maybe med, who knows) to drive a vechicle. The same goes for the MAX. So all the rules that apply for the other vechicles apply for the MAX. They will be good in certian situations (indoors/close quater fighting), and they will be bad in other situations (out in the open).

If your going to think of it like a suit of Armor, then the Tank should be the "Lightening Suit", or the plane should be the "Masquito Suit".
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion