SmokeJumper in IRC - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Which ones the enemy again?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-03-09, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

SmokeJumper in IRC

Quotes:
<SmokeJumperPS> Okay...good news. We're most likely going to dramatically increase the number of testers in the next week or 10 days.
<SmokeJumperPS> We've got 216 in right now. Probably go up past 500 right away. Maybe break 1000.

<SmokeJumperPS> I think I have something over 30K apps filled out correctly right now.
<SmokeJumperPS> WAY more applied...just most of them did it wrong.

<IR-Wintermute> Which pool are they being drawn from?
<SmokeJumperPS> IR-Wintermute...both pools.
<SmokeJumperPS> It's all one pool.

<Sandmtrailboss> Were the new lowered requirements also lowered for the beta?
<SmokeJumperPS> Sandmtrailboss...I'm still doing group sorts of types of systems. Therefore, we're not stress testing the real low end yet until everything is moving and shaking on the better systems.
<Tobias> Is it true the TR use's goggles because they are cheaper then buying the more protective face plates that the Vanu and NC use?
<SmokeJumperPS> But yeah...we're letting lowend systems in also. Just not many of them yet.
<SmokeJumperPS> Tobias...efficiency in all respects. Always.

<OmnipotentKiwi> So what were the mistakes, and is there any way to know if we screwed up our apps? You're making me worry over here =P
<SmokeJumperPS> OmnipotentKiwi...don't worry. The mistakes were usually things like not finishing the app or leaving blanks or not delivering a DXDiag file. If they just did everything that was asked, then there's no issues.

<SmokeJumperPS> Open Beta will be on discs. WAY too many builds going out for downloads. It would kill our bandwidth costs.
<SmokeJumperPS> 20000+ sets of 3CDs going out. That'll cost a pretty penny.

<OmnipotentKiwi> So are you going to charge beta testers to work for you, like SWG? Even though you probably have no control over that. =P
<SmokeJumperPS> Nope. No charge for discs.
<SmokeJumperPS> Not currently anyway.

<OmnipotentKiwi> I want a cert tree or beta! =P
<SmokeJumperPS> Cert tree is in flux. Not yet.

<SmokeJumperPS> You're a good man, OmnipotentKiwi

<Tobias> Question? Is it as addicting as Everquest was?
<SmokeJumperPS> Tobias...I have never considered any MMO as "addictive". But if you're asking if it's as engrossing...to the point where you can lose a day to it because you get so involved...oh hell yeah.

<SmokeJumperPS> Yeah. I should also. Glad to talk to you folks for a bit. Thanks for the chat.

Last edited by OmnipotentKiwi; 2003-03-09 at 12:58 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion