BFR Adjustments - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why play, When you can READ about playing!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-02-23, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

BFR Adjustments

http://planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=1173
Old 2005-02-23, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I'm a flight BFR pilot. These are good changes.
Old 2005-02-24, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

one change I think they need to make is BFRs on structures. Can a BFR be on a wall and move around freely? Yup, Buggy? ATV? NOPE. They should eithe rremove the ability for BFRs to eb special on a building or let other vehicles do the same thing.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-02-24, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I'd like to have a Lodestar drop my Vanguard onto the roof of a building and cause some mayhem. If we went to the trouble to get a lodestar and all to accomplish it, it should be worth the advantage.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-02-24, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
LiveWireTehSoda
Private

Misc Info

yeah the thing with the VG on the roof, it sounds cool but if it would try to shoot people in the court yard it would have a hard time because the downward angle for it isnt that great but <3 my vanny oh and most roofs are tiny.. wouldnt want my vg stuck up there
Old 2005-02-24, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT....did i mention WOOT

One complaint out of my sig, 2 to go
Old 2005-02-24, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187
one change I think they need to make is BFRs on structures. Can a BFR be on a wall and move around freely? Yup, Buggy? ATV? NOPE. They should eithe rremove the ability for BFRs to eb special on a building or let other vehicles do the same thing.
This isn't really an issue at all. Used to be, but not anymore. You get a single guy to pop out and shoot a decimator at the camping flight, and it's probably taking off. If it doesn't, it's only a couple more decis to down the shields, and a couple decimators more to destroy its armor. I've done this and experienced this myself, and I don't have any problem with it. Flight variants are very, very easy to scare off.
Old 2005-02-24, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Warborn
This isn't really an issue at all. Used to be, but not anymore. You get a single guy to pop out and shoot a decimator at the camping flight, and it's probably taking off. If it doesn't, it's only a couple more decis to down the shields, and a couple decimators more to destroy its armor. I've done this and experienced this myself, and I don't have any problem with it. Flight variants are very, very easy to scare off.
This is true, but since a BFR is able to chill there, why can't another vehicle? An ATV would be the ideal thing. It's not so much of a problem of a BFR sitting on a wall, cuz when that happens they're camping a door when the fights inside anyway. The problem is that other vehicles can't do this. BFRs the only vehicle able to.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-02-24, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
juggalokilla
Sergeant

This is true, but since a BFR is able to chill there, why can't another vehicle? An ATV would be the ideal thing. It's not so much of a problem of a BFR sitting on a wall, cuz when that happens they're camping a door when the fights inside anyway. The problem is that other vehicles can't do this. BFRs the only vehicle able to.

Hmm...ams dropped on top of a tech plant. i dont think thats a good thing
Old 2005-02-24, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

This is true, but since a BFR is able to chill there, why can't another vehicle?
Two reasons:

1) Flight BFRs fly, it's their thing. They aren't like normal vehicles, so you can't say 'Why can they do it but my Deliverer can't?', because it's not like a Deliverer. Flight BFRs are a class of vehicle unto themselves. To answer your question with another question, why should other vehicles be allowed onto bases?

2) Being able to camp base doors in hard-to-reach areas is something that shouldn't be so easily done. Aircraft excel at it, but flight BFRs aren't bad either. It would not be in favor of defenders for a base to be campable by Vanguard dropped from Liberators onto upper level doors.
Old 2005-02-24, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
LiveWireTehSoda
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Warborn
Two reasons:

1) Flight BFRs fly, it's their thing. They aren't like normal vehicles, so you can't say 'Why can they do it but my Deliverer can't?', because it's not like a Deliverer. Flight BFRs are a class of vehicle unto themselves. To answer your question with another question, why should other vehicles be allowed onto bases?

2) Being able to camp base doors in hard-to-reach areas is something that shouldn't be so easily done. Aircraft excel at it, but flight BFRs aren't bad either. It would not be in favor of defenders for a base to be campable by Vanguard dropped from Liberators onto upper level doors.
O.o; Libs dropping vehs! :-p I think you mean lodestar
Old 2005-02-24, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

War you make excellent points, changed my view on it. However...

Drop a gunner BFR on a wall from a Lode and it wont deconstruct, why should a Deli or Tank?
Old 2005-02-25, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Drop a gunner BFR on a wall from a Lode and it wont deconstruct, why should a Deli or Tank?
Good question, but I'd speculate it's either a bug carried over from flight variants, or they felt that because these vehicles have such a long timer, a misplaced Lodestar drop or fluke of physics which might cause them to land on top of a structure, thereby causing it to deconstruct, would be too much. But, really, I'm not certain. I'd probably go for the former, and include the note that I've never seen a gunner variant camp a door, so it's probably hardly ever done, and thus a really, really low priority for them to change (if it's a bug at all).
Old 2005-02-25, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well they probably thought that BFRs are all terrain vehicles (I use the term loosely) and hence less likely to get stuck on sandbags, walls, antennae etc.

That or they've forgotten to add the deconstruction to the gunner BFR.
Old 2005-02-27, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

I'm guessing the reason is that since the gunner BFR is so tall that it's box interacts with the no vehicle zones differently than normal vehicles. So to save work, which can go into other things, they made both be able to walk on walls. I see no problem with this since doors and pads still kill them this really shouldn't be an issue. You have to ask, is the game being ruined because one unit that shouldn't can, though hardly ever does, walk on walls? It's not exactly a rampant problem if you know what I mean.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion