Higby where is LA love? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Plug and Play
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-29, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Higby where is LA love?

Dual wielding would be nice. I would like to make the light assault more utilitarian but at the same time I wouldnt want to tread into the engineer or medics sphere of influence.

Maybe the LA should be able to equip a shield like the aegis. I kind of like this because the la is a glass cannon. This would make one la more durable and create some cool teamplay tactics as his buddies use the shield la as mobile cover.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
i don´t get it.

the light assault doesn´t need anything new desperately. the engineer and infiltrator are the most crippled classes and need a complete overhaul.

la is an effective "glasscannon" as intended. it can easily kill anything it encounters, including heavy armored vehicles.
the only thing a la could have problems killing, is aircraft. but giving this option as well would make la overpowered.
Infil & Engineer the most crippled class, please explain that.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-29, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
psijaka
Contributor
Major

LA quite deadly enough right now.

LA is my "go to" class for despatching Sunderers that are hidden behind a building, or for capping when the control point is outside. And a C4 wielding LA is absolutely deadly against a MAX, as I know to my cost. Don't underestimate the importance of being able to move freely in 3 dimensions!

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-05-29 at 07:13 AM.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sunrock
Major

Well maybe some bigger jet pack tanks to increase the flight time by 5 sec would be nice. (+5 sec to maxed out certed jet packs). But other then that I don't see way LA would need anything. But then again I rarely play this class not because it's bad but it's tactical value in a squad/platoon is not always needed.

The most love the devs can give the LA TBH is to design maps... bases where LA have more tactical value. IE where the best option to take a base is to get some LA to jump over a wall or something similar.

PS: Engineer and Infiltrator does not need any love. They work fine as is. In fact there is no class in the game that really needs any love. They all work fine as is.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
PS: Engineer and Infiltrator does not need any love. They work fine as is. In fact there is no class in the game that really needs any love. They all work fine as is.
Infiltrator does need love. The class still remains primarily a sniper instead of an actual infiltrator.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Infiltrator does need love. The class still remains primarily a sniper instead of an actual infiltrator.
If you want the infiltrator to become more infiltrator and less sniper you need to create more objectives in the game that you can infiltrate right? Changing the class in it self here would be pointless if there is nothing to infiltrate.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

If you want the infiltrator to become more infiltrator and less sniper you need to create more objectives in the game that you can infiltrate right? Changing the class in it self here would be pointless if there is nothing to infiltrate.
Truth spoken. But it works both ways still. You need to have both the objectives and additional abilities for it to make any sense.

Besides, in my opinion, Infiltrator has very high potential of being a support role as opposed to pure killwhore it is now. But that's just my opinion, I myself never played infiltrator other than for sniping. Never played infil in PS1 either.

P.S. As for LA, I just think it is on the verge of impossible to invent something that fits LA gameplay style. Because it's like a mini ESF, it is designed for nothing other than killing and maneuvering for the sake of killing.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-05-29 at 07:31 AM.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Truth spoken. But it works both ways still. You need to have both the objectives and additional abilities for it to make any sense.

Besides, in my opinion, Infiltrator has very high potential of being a support role as opposed to pure killwhore it is now. But that's just my opinion, I myself never played infiltrator other than for sniping. Never played infil in PS1 either.
Well it has a support roll to day. That is the use of it's scout radar dart gun. And if you pump in certs into it it becomes quite effective. Hacking turrets and terminal is also more of a support roll too.

What else can a scout class do beside scout? When it comes to support rolls that is... Hacking the "flag" so you instant flip it maybe...
Old 2013-05-29, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Infil & Engineer the most crippled class, please explain that.
play engineer or infiltrator in ps1 for a while and then ask again.

nothing an engineer or infiltrator could do in ps1 is possible in ps2. only rudimentary things.

comparison old/new engineer

old:
capable of placing 25 mines plus 15 autofire turrets(3 different types) plus lots of motion sensors and radar disruptors plus aegis shield with on the field ammo dispenser plus several tanktraps plus wallturret upgrades
ALL AT THE SAME TIME

new: can place a single turret he has to fire himself. not even manable by other soldiers plus can lay an ammo pack plus up to 3 mines.
that´s it.

same gos for the infiltrator who once was a real infiltrator and not just a sniper.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-29, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Figment
Lieutenant General

Not sure about you lot, but in my experience LA is the most flexible class around. >_>

It just starts with an IMO shitty gun (merc) on NC, which I still use to great frustration (everything misses all the time, hipfire normal, bursting...). :P
Old 2013-05-29, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sunrock
Major

play engineer or infiltrator in ps1 for a while and then ask again.

nothing an engineer or infiltrator could do in ps1 is possible in ps2. only rudimentary things.

comparison old/new engineer

old:
capable of placing 25 mines plus 15 autofire turrets(3 different types) plus lots of motion sensors and radar disruptors plus aegis shield with on the field ammo dispenser plus several tanktraps plus wallturret upgrades
ALL AT THE SAME TIME
Sounds stupidly OP if the engineer in PS2 could do the same. Way not give him the ability to instant kill any enemy that are with in 200 meters when your at it?
Old 2013-05-29, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Shogun
Contributor
General

Sounds stupidly OP if the engineer in PS2 could do the same. Way not give him the ability to instant kill any enemy that are with in 200 meters when your at it?
not necessary because the LA already has this functionality.

Old 2013-05-29, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sunrock
Major

not necessary because the LA already has this functionality.
I don't think you understood what I meant with "the ability to instant kill any enemy". What I meant that he could single handily instant kill 5 platoons or as many enemy players that was with in a radios of 200m.
Old 2013-05-29, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Sounds stupidly OP if the engineer in PS2 could do the same.
It would be, because everyone would be able to do it.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-29, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Shogun
Contributor
General

I don't think you understood what I meant with "the ability to instant kill any enemy". What I meant that he could single handily instant kill 5 platoons or as many enemy players that was with in a radios of 200m.
oh really?

i never said that the engineer should have the exact capability it had before. but stripping all of them and rendering the rest useless like the turrets nobody else can use is crippling the class.

the old playstyle is totally impossible now, and i want this playstyles back. the real cloaker and the real engineer playstyles. and if you think the original loadout of abilities would be op in ps2, don´t post idiotic unconstructive sarcasm, but constructive ideas instead.

i was asked to explain why i consider engineer as crippled, so i compared the abilities.
but nobody asked you to poop all over the issue.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion