Weapon look just doesn't cut it . - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So good it brings grown woman to tears.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-30, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Re: Weapon look just doesn't cut it .

I like it. I think its funny how the TMG-50 is basically the same. The Bull and the Rhino (my weapon of choice) look pretty sick though. Still want a compensater for my Rhino... but it would be OP as hell...
Old 2013-05-30, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rolfski
Major

I actually like the short clunky design of the Bull but it belongs to a CQB LMG like the MSW-R. The med range T32 Bull should have a longer barrel compared to the short-med range MSW-R.
Old 2013-05-30, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
I actually like the short clunky design of the Bull but it belongs to a CQB LMG like the MSW-R. The med range T32 Bull should have a longer barrel compared to the short-med range MSW-R.
Agreed. That was my thought as well. The para look fits the MSW better because of its stats.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by TheAadvark View Post
Why in gods name do they make weapons so chunky for the TR.

http://imgur.com/a/9Tnjd#0

With these new weapons you can see what I mean. The new T32- Bull is so chunky and the stock is so mismatched for the size of the weapon.It just looks like an overgrown carbine with a stock attached too it. MSW-R looks ok I guess, but there is no denying the fact that we have ugly weapons. I want my baby the LC3 Jaguar to be as beautiful on the outside as it is on the inside.

Also (reapeated many times before I know) please make the guns sound unique , you have modified the gun sounds on certain models ( Cycler TRV beast! LMG's also cool ) but the weapons lack individual character. Look at BF3, even though I have come to hate that game (BFBC2 ppl) , their weapon design and implementation is amazing . PKP-Pecheneg / Scar-L / AN-94 etc., I mean each and every one of them felt amazing and had weight.

Although they had real life models that they could copy from.

The point is I payed a ridiculous amount for a gun in a game as well as grinding certs for some , and I expect them to be way better value. Will you be doing at least an Audio overhaul, you guys said BF3 is the game you have set the benchmark at.
I'm of 2 minds on this and I think it's mostly that other games are based off real life and in real life we have more than 4 weapon manufacturers. So we are used to seeing a lot more weapon variation in FPS games.

Even other scifi games had drastically different guns, but if you take Unreal Tournament or Halo as an example the reason they had very unique gun models is because you could tell at a glance exactly what that weapon was and you knew what it could do. Everyone could use any weapon so it was more important to have unique gun models for each gun.

In Planetside TR, NC, VS and NS are the only weapon makers. You can actually see similarities in real life. Generally anything that is an AK based frame looks similar to an AK47. Anything that is based off the AR-15(M16) frame looks similar. You can even see the same thing with H&K weapons to a degree.. the UMP looks similar to the G36 which looks similar to a MP5 and so on. So it's not unrealistic that each factions weapons have a similar look to them.

The only issue I had was that SOE literally used the same model for a lot of weapons in the same faction. They just might have moved a hand guard or something... sometimes nothing at all. I'm glad that SOE is going back to remodel some weapons though. I would really really like the MCG to look more like a minigun. Since they won't do the underslung version they really need to polish the model we have now. I like the digital readout on the gun a lot though. The new lasher looks amazing.. too bad it doesn't make it less situational.

The sounds are mostly to tell players which faction guns you hear. You can hear a gun and know exactly which faction it is unless they have the NS guns, but all NS guns have a similar sound so you know it's a NS gun and not a faction specific gun. VS are going to get a sound overhual which was needed. They have made some adjustment to sounds since release. The lasher used to sound and look like a beam gun.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
AThreatToYou
Major

I like it.
Old 2013-05-31, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Falcon_br
Captain

It is good to look to someone hand and be able to tell which weapon he is using, normally I need to ask on proximity chat what he got!
I just think the m32 bull could be thinner, and the MSW-R should be a bullup lmg, maybe both weapons could be bullup, but the m32 with drum magazines and the MSW-r with standart mags, also the msw-r with shorter barrel, like they did right now.
I like to have weapons with diferent looks, the tmg 50 really looks the same, but now we can tell more easily when it is a tmg 50, because the original one was a t1 carv with only diferent colors, now it have different things!
We all know since day one almost all weapons are made from parts of another weapons, like the pump action, it is a carbine with lmg grip!
But the most strange is that now I am using a t5 amc and the jaguar, it is the SAME FRIKKING WEAPON! no, really, it only changes the attachments! I have already tested both weapons without attachments, it is exactly the same weapons! When I used the lynx and the t5 I could know with one I was using, now I can´t!
But I know the game is developing really nice, giving unique skin for all weapons are coming and it is awesome! of course They could listen to the community a bit, because everyone from the TR want those prowler cannons on the center, and some bull up weapons...
I also fail to see in which situation the m32 is a good weapon, no really, After testing all TR weapons on the field, I really like the t16 rhino for medium range, the tmg-50 for long range and the msw-r for close range, the m32 bull just sucks at all ranges in my opinion. Of course I kill enemies on long ranges with the msw-r and in close ranges with the tmg-50, but it is not the optional situation for them.
And I still fail to see where ANY weapon of the TR is better then the starting gauss saw of the NC, but this is not the topic here.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-31, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Why do TR complain about their weapon aesthetic so much? Have you SEEN the VS giant purple dildo guns?
Old 2013-05-31, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
Why do TR complain about their weapon aesthetic so much? Have you SEEN the VS giant purple dildo guns?
They look bad, but they are OP, that's why you guys don't complain much, I didn't care if all my weapons look like the penetrator if they were better then all other weapons from other factions.
Well, the lasher did got a great update on its look, because I think it is the most useless weapon on the VS arsenal. Unless you love to live on assists.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion