PSU: Mobilization Bravo - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: That's it! I'm not submittng quotes anymore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-08-24, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Triggar
Contributor

What'll probably end up happening is something like, on Day X we'll open up registration to PSU:MA attendees at 10am. At noon, we'll open it up to SoV and CDL. At 2pm, we'll let PSU people register, then at 4pm we'll open it up for everyone.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

What about Black Hawks, we have alot of PSU Members, that should make us a favorite outfit.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info
Talking

It is definately a lot of work, especially at little or no compensation. I've organized camping trips of 30-80 people here in Oregon, and know what it's like, but I could never have done it alone. Perhaps with the assistance of others/grassroots effort, larger numbers may be accomodated. Many of us are here to help, and some of us aren't even a pain in the ass............

There's no reason you should have to go it alone. I volunteer my services wherever needed, and have a reasonalbe number of talents that could prove useful. I'm reasonably close for this one and want to help it be that much better than PSUMA while maximizing the fun factor.

Many of us non-"pains" didn't go to PSUMA simply because it was too far away, couldn't afford it, etc., not because we didn't trust anyone or didn't want to be guinea pigs.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Triggar
Contributor

Right, I never said that. I just said that the people who did come had a lot of balls, and that I appreciate it.

Also, the 40 people cap isn't just for the organizational aspect. During this past weekend, we had to account for each person on the buses and at the meals. I had to personally put together the gift boxes and run the giveaways. 40+ people would be a non-personal event that I think would be out of hand, volunteers or not.

One last thing, this isn't up for debate. 40 people is the cap. If you want to get together with 50 of your outfit buddies, go ahead, but I'm not running it.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
QuakCow
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

SD for teh win

NO MORE ELVES!
ROAST THE BEEF!!
Old 2004-08-24, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

The 40-person cap is in stone. OK
Respectfully, again, you state that you personally had to put things together. Many of us are here and willing to help.

Am I getting this all wrong? Is this really an event intended for primarily PSU staff and their friends? If so, I am truly sorry...it did sound like so much fun.

Last edited by BizSAR; 2004-08-24 at 03:19 PM.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Triggar
Contributor

The event isn't primarily for PSU, but the reason I offered to plan it was so that I could meet PSU people. This past event, we had OF people and people from different outfits come, and it was great.

I'm just making it clear that even with tons of volunteers, I still have to plan and oversee everything, and at the event, I'm the one who has to make sure everything goes smoothly, and I cannot physically do that if the group was any larger than 40 people. Maybe after I graduate, if I decide to scrap aviation altogether and get a job as a professional event coordinator, I'll plan a 200 person Mobilization. But for now, I have to keep myself within the limits of my time constraints and ability.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Triggar
What'll probably end up happening is something like, on Day X we'll open up registration to PSU:MA attendees at 10am. At noon, we'll open it up to SoV and CDL. At 2pm, we'll let PSU people register, then at 4pm we'll open it up for everyone.
I still like the idea of it... I mean... I already said I would be registering ASAP. And I like the idea of paying when you register... it leaves out the uncertanty factor (and an extra deadline I don't have to remember).
Old 2004-08-24, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

I now fully understand the situation.

My offer of help and projection systems, etc. stands if I'm fortunate enough to get a spot for the event.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

bizsar, i'm organizing it too, which is why we upped it to 40.
we figure we can handle about 10 people each, which leaves the admin and cdl/sov folks to take care of themselves, hehe
Old 2004-08-24, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Triggar
Contributor

Thanks for your offer of letting us use stuff. You'll have plenty of notice of when the registration will start, so be ready when the time comes and you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

this is true; since most of our preferred outfit people came to alpha, they fall within the first 30 people, which leaves space for another 10-ish.

if all of you are super-extra-nice to trig, maybe i'll think about thinking about more than one mobilization per year, but we're keeping the 40-person cap.
Old 2004-08-24, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Triggar
Contributor

I read my lovely boyfriend's last post and exclaimed,

"More than one Mobilization per year, what are you nuts?!"

And he said, "Yeeeeah."
Old 2004-08-24, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Doop
Major

I agree, Black Hawks really should be a favorite outfit also, a lot of PSUers are on it.
Old 2004-08-24, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

Don't we all want to be favorites/favorite outfits at this point?

I don't have much faith in the non-PSUMA/favorite people/outfits being able to attend. It seems to me that you'll hit your 40 way before it gets that far. It's just too popular of a thing you all started. How many attended PSUMA? I guess I don't blame you for wanting to keep it "in the family".

*sigh* I guess we'll have to wait for SOE to set up a PS community event. Maybe by then they'll come around, ignore the idiotic forum posts on the subject, and host something.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge