[Discussion] The Zerg - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't let friends join the MLWA.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-11, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Wahooo
Captain

Re: [Discussion] The Zerg

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
The ability to say hey we did this, took this, and that helped my faction turn auraxis ( ) <---- fill in color.
I think here is the direction the game needs to be, and I do believe it is getting there. How far away we are and how long it will take to get there I don't know. I do know I am MUCH more optimistic about it reaching this goal than I was in December.

The big thing is making it feel like turning territories your color was an accomplishment. Whether it is working with the zerg or away from the zerg to feel like you did something.
I do have some thoughts on the return of NTU type stuff. Rather than gen holds there could be pump stations or something similar, maybe the equivilent of the NTU silo could be destroyed and held by small units cutting off the energy flow? I think there are some possibilities for this but I do think the lattice needs to be fully implemented and a bit more refined first.
Old 2013-06-11, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
True. And as you say they don't work and don't get used. Where as cr5 chat and abilities did work.
The main issue,I think, with the current orders/leader chat is there's no real vetting process. There also is no real way, other than a lengthy and drawn out process, to identify the assets that other SL and PLs have access to. I've seen /leader chat used to some good effect (during an Amp station alert a few days ago is a particularly good example where it was called out that a certain Amp station on Amerish was going down and by the time we showed up it seemed like almost all the other TR had as well. After which we had good communication so as to split our forces effectively) but for the most part, by the time such things are identified the 'need' has changed. My hope is that when the mission system is implemented, a lot of those concerns will be addressed even if only slightly.
That's all personal speculation however.

As to the topic itself, I'm not sure one single energy type would be what is needed. Turning the resources into three distinct types of energy (and added in a sort of NTU for overall base purposes) might be more beneficial. The exact details of which aren't apparent to me without some more thought.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-06-11, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Qwan
Captain

++1 I agree the Lattice needs to be fully integrated, as well as connecting the continents threw the warp gate. But I ask you this, if they do that then were will players spawn at when they log into the game there are no sanctuary's. I mean should I log in and hope that my faction has at least one warp gate. But even with this system integrated, this still doesn't help the outfits. I think that outfits in PS2 don't have a lot to do, to put it plan they have no function. I know there working toward outfit credits, but from what Ive read all it says is your outfits name on display when your outfit makes a large contribution in the taking of a base. They can't go by numbers because the zerg will always win. When they put together the game mechanics of PS1 I don't know if the designers actual intentions was to make it so that small to large outfits could run the missions that we did. But I can say that the guys in PS2 don't have the outfits main purpose in mind. Besides blowing shield gens and taking out tower guns, what does the average active outfit have to do, besides follow the zerg.
Old 2013-06-13, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
++1 I agree the Lattice needs to be fully integrated, as well as connecting the continents threw the warp gate. But I ask you this, if they do that then were will players spawn at when they log into the game there are no sanctuary's. I mean should I log in and hope that my faction has at least one warp gate. But even with this system integrated, this still doesn't help the outfits. I think that outfits in PS2 don't have a lot to do, to put it plan they have no function. I know there working toward outfit credits, but from what Ive read all it says is your outfits name on display when your outfit makes a large contribution in the taking of a base. They can't go by numbers because the zerg will always win. When they put together the game mechanics of PS1 I don't know if the designers actual intentions was to make it so that small to large outfits could run the missions that we did. But I can say that the guys in PS2 don't have the outfits main purpose in mind. Besides blowing shield gens and taking out tower guns, what does the average active outfit have to do, besides follow the zerg.
Maybe then I could stand the Lattice. As it is right now the best thing about it is that it has started up more fights on continents that used to be ghost towns on Connery. It was stated in a previous thread that there should be some kind of smaller objective besides lattice links and base caps that small squads can go for, what this would be I don't know.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion