Why I quit PS1 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thank god for pizza delivery
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-15, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
The problem is that CE became too powerful, and then EMP had to be powerful to cancel it out. With any luck, PS2 will allow only 1 or 2 automated turrets per person and EMP won't be necessary in the first place.
CE wasn't too powerful when I played it, and CUD abilities haven't changed one bit since release they didn't get "more powerful".

You nerf CE then you nerf defense, and all tactics devolves into one thing and one thing only: Frontal Assault. Where both sides just charge each other, randomly, with no structure, foresight, and planning whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Except CE is incredibly overpowered in it's own way. Most people just spam CE and think they're being useful. When generally they're making it only moderately annoying as opposed to nigh impossible to pass without and EMP.

Especially now when everyone has CE. 1 emp every 20 minutes? I can relay all that CE in 3-5 minutes. Congratz that EMP was worthless. Nevermind CE only blows up mines. It doesn't destroy spitfire turrets.

Nevermind that with properly placed spitfire turrets, the guy who's trying to EMP bailing from an aircraft will die before he hits the ground.

Try to break a well prepared base hold/defense without a EMP, it's almost impossible, especially if pops are even/base is an interlink.
I stopped playing before "CE is incredibly powered." Which by the way it is not. You just THINK CE is incredibly overpowered because everyone can cert everything now, and every single character in this game throws mines out everywhere now. The problem isn't the CE, the problem is having maximum command rank being too high.

Your brain is replacing "incredibly annoying" with "incredibly overpowered", because it is annoying to have a mine everywhere you step.

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
Alright, i'll give up trying to explain to OP. In the words of The D, it seems he doesn't have the cognitive capacity to understand the wider picture. Enjoy CoD/BF3 or whatever boring shooter you feel comfortable with.

/thread
People like you are making PS2 into a COD/BF3 clone.

/thread

Originally Posted by igster View Post
what they said++

Please now let this thread die - it doesnt deserve any more attention but it seems the op will not let it die.
Die like PS1 die?

I have now seen it all, EMP's are being complained about.

CE is easy to use, fast to relay. Removing EMP's altogether is not the correct answer to a "problem" such as this.
Removing CUD abilities would have saved PS1. There'd be 10X more players right now in PS1 if you I-win button trolls hadn't driven everyone away.

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
I see two poplocks on prime time. Sounds like you have no idea how to play your role correctly. I've seen plenty of support players do just fine, doing exactly what you do.
That's only because they want into PS2 beta, yes people are that bored.

1 year ago you couldn't get a poplock anywhere.

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
If you're so dissatisfied that you had to make an emo/rage/whine "I quit" thread... Why are you still here, exactly? You just come off as difficult and or whiney and I seriously doubt you would ever be satisfied with anything. You're just "a complainer", as far as I can see.
I'm here to help you guys not make the same mistake, or say "I told you so," when you do.

I told you so, PS1 has been dead for over 5 years.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-15 at 05:40 PM.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
I stopped playing before "CE is incredibly powered." Which by the way it is not. You just THINK CE is incredibly overpowered because everyone can cert everything now, and every single character in this game throws mines out everywhere now. The problem isn't the CE, the problem is having maximum command rank being too high.

Your brain is replacing "incredibly annoying" with "incredibly overpowered", because it is annoying to have a mine everywhere you step.

Removing CUD abilities would have saved PS1. There'd be 10X more players right now in PS1 if you I-win button trolls hadn't driven everyone away.
No it is, you just literally have no idea what you're doing when it comes to CE. No, I've ALWAYS thought CE was incredibly strong, I have it certed ON EVERY character I've made, and I've made a lot of them across all 3 empires. It's simply has far to much versatility as a cert. Traps, warning system, free AOE instakill explosive, etc.

If you read what I previously posted, most people just randomly throw CE around, like yourself and think they're being useful, they don't use CE to it's maximum potential to support what they as a player can do.

If more people used CE like in an actually intelligent manner, SOE might have realized how retarded it was to buff CE like they did. I've heard there will be no automated turrets in PS2, which will be amazing.

Actually if they had never buffed CE, AA, Reaver's armor (and nerfed aircraft's ability to farm infantry), rebalanced/redesigned max units. The pops would be much higher. The CUD abilities have NEVER been a problem. The only problem is that over time more people get access to them. There have been several possible solutions thrown at (such as creating a command cert system and certing which cud abilities you'd want, though more would need to be created), or making a cr5 constantly have to keep SL inorder to keep his CR.

I could go on with the "what made planetside die". Clientside induced warping, hackers during the trial account days, poorly designed bases that are claustrophobic, special assault being retarded easy to use. BFR's still slowing down combat despite being next to worthless. Hell third person did more damage then EMP's have ever done

So yeah, the EMP from a CUD itself isn't a problem. Why don't you go complain about the bangbus instead, it can EMP like every 3-5 minutes. Or how about SS, it completely lets you avoid spitfires and motion sensors.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2012-07-15 at 09:51 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

@Buggsy

Really? PS1 is dead because of the couple of things you personally didn't like? I thought PS1 was largely dead because it was a decade old. Now, I'm sure the blunders I've heard about all contributed to it... But it's a decade old. Even five years ago, it was still pretty old! And yes, a few games are still up and running, like EverQuest, but they have greatly diminished populations, too.

From my standpoint, a bigger complaint than the gameplay is the extremely dated graphics, the clunky hitboxes, and the lack of optimisation, all three of which ALSO contributed to its demise.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
@Buggsy

Really? PS1 is dead because of the couple of things you personally didn't like? I thought PS1 was largely dead because it was a decade old. Now, I'm sure the blunders I've heard about all contributed to it... But it's a decade old. Even five years ago, it was still pretty old! And yes, a few games are still up and running, like EverQuest, but they have greatly diminished populations, too.

From my standpoint, a bigger complaint than the gameplay is the extremely dated graphics, the clunky hitboxes, and the lack of optimisation, all three of which ALSO contributed to its demise.
Diablo 2 isn't dead and it came out years before PS1.

No it is, you just literally have no idea what you're doing when it comes to CE. No, I've ALWAYS thought CE was incredibly strong, I have it certed ON EVERY character I've made,
What part of, "Combat Rank is too high so you can cert everything" don't you understand?
Old 2012-07-18, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

What part of, "Combat Rank is too high so you can cert everything" don't you understand?
What part of "I always thought CE was powerful" don't you understand?

Old 2012-07-19, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

What part of "I always thought CE was powerful" don't you understand?
It wouldn't have been too powerful if Battle Rank wasn't so high.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Noxey
Private

I told you so, PS1 has been dead for over 5 years.
Compared to a year or two ago PS is actually really active, interest in PS2 has seen a massive surge in pop, its the most active Gemini has ever been, or at least the most active I have ever seen it.

Shame after 9 years its still buggy as fuark
Old 2012-07-19, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Noxey View Post
Compared to a year or two ago PS is actually really active, interest in PS2 has seen a massive surge in pop, its the most active Gemini has ever been, or at least the most active I have ever seen it.

Shame after 9 years its still buggy as fuark
They're trying to get beta keys.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Buggsy, i am disappointed in you. Let this terrible ill thought out thread die.

I love how you are now saying too many people with CE and battle rank going too high is why CE is too powerful/annoying. but at the same time refuse to accept the reverse, that EMP is also powerful/annoying because there are too many people with CR4-5. Don't you see the Hypocrisy in that? or are you really that dense?

Either way someone who mistakenly calls 'Battle Rank' 'Combat Rank' in my books hasn't played PS enough to have a valid opinion. Did you even reach BR20? Get over 2k kills? I doubt it.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

It wouldn't have been too powerful if Battle Rank wasn't so high.
No, it's always been strong, meaning before br40. People just dont know to maximize it's potential.

Old 2012-07-20, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

No, it's always been strong, meaning before br40. People just dont know to maximize it's potential.
Actually the problem was BattleRank was too high.

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
Buggsy, i am disappointed in you. Let this terrible ill thought out thread die.

I love how you are now saying too many people with CE and battle rank going too high is why CE is too powerful/annoying. but at the same time refuse to accept the reverse, that EMP is also powerful/annoying because there are too many people with CR4-5. Don't you see the Hypocrisy in that? or are you really that dense?
No it's not hypocritical cause I've consistently been saying the CUD abilities should be completely removed, not simply have the timer increased.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Actually the problem was BattleRank was too high.
Negative ghostrider. People like you simply think "Durrr going to spamz my CE".

Old 2012-07-24, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Get good
Old 2012-07-25, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Xenostalker
Corporal

Originally Posted by Slide Surveyor View Post
Let's hope OS isn't in PS2....
I agree with said hope. Ruins any attempt at fortifying a position without any real effort (point laser and press mouse button).

If you want to destroy a position, get some liberators and form a bombing run - this is effort.

Actually. OS is a terrible gameplay element. I hate seeing it in PS1 as it is.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Xenostalker View Post
I agree with said hope. Ruins any attempt at fortifying a position without any real effort (point laser and press mouse button).

If you want to destroy a position, get some liberators and form a bombing run - this is effort.

Actually. OS is a terrible gameplay element. I hate seeing it in PS1 as it is.
While I agree I think it could still be a fun mechanic as long as the OS is limited in it's use. And, there's no hope for not having it cause they already said it will be back....

From the PS2 Info Thread:

How will the Command System function? Commanding is not based on command rank like in Planetside. Rather commanding is based upon a cert tree within all of the other certifications. In order to be a deeply specialized commander you need to give up some other perks. Also, squad leaders and commanders will be able to create “missions (think quests from an RPG) that average players can follow in order to receive bonus experience. The orbital strike is making a return.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion