Am I blind or is NC overpowered. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have no life. No life at all.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-01, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrRipper
Private

Am I blind or is NC overpowered.

Not everything about the new conglomerate is overpowered but I have five things to say to you: Hacksaw, Scattermax, Gauss weapons, Air Hammer, and phoenix sniper rifles. If i hadnt certed my TR character i would play nc. It feels like TR is hardmode am I alone here or could someone please help alleviate my fears?
Old 2013-04-01, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
phungus
Master Sergeant

Re: Am I blind or is NC overpowered.

Not really. Pheonix is no more OP then the striker at this point. Annoying how it one shots ESFs with relative ease, but it's no worse then the anhilator reborn the TR have. Their MAXes are OP, but they are supposedly being fixed. Vanu has the best infantry weapons IMO, but it's more of a playstyle thing really; if your average player could choose between the default LMGs and Carbines it'd be a pretty even split.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MrRipper
Private

Striker takes 7 shots to kill an ESF so not quite one clip although quite powerful. The phoenix insta gibs mosquitos if they're piloted by n00bs.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MrRipper
Private

Thing is I would die to be able to use a gauss saw equivelant for TR, its the default NC weapon and its more amazing than any gun in the game. I guess i dont really have a problem with it, i just wish i could change factions which will never happen.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Even a noob can casually cruise away from a Phoenix missile, they're that slow.

The Gauss Saw is just the bastard child of a TMG-50 and a BR, and is ugly as both together.

The MAXes are being adjusted as we speak.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Artimus
Master Sergeant

Coming from an NC player.... NC is the most underpowered and MAXs are not even over powered. Okay maybe the falcon AV is a little op against infantry but hacksaw? Airhammer? TR have way better equivlents. Remember the Reaver and liberator have the biggest disadvantage when dogfighting just cuz someone is SKILLED enough doesnt make it op. As far as guass weapons go if you don't cert some accuracy in them the spread is ridicoulous, after a while they may become op in the RIGHT HANDS. I cant really say much on sniping except I noticed the bullet drop is pretty steep for NC you have to aim a decent way above the head to land a head shot. Phoenix has become balanced for the most part even though you can insta kill aircraft its next to impossible to take one out unless your careless, it's actually somewhat overpowered against infantry though.

Last edited by Artimus; 2013-04-01 at 05:09 AM.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrRipper View Post
Thing is I would die to be able to use a gauss saw equivelant for TR, its the default NC weapon and its more amazing than any gun in the game. I guess i dont really have a problem with it, i just wish i could change factions which will never happen.
It's subpar at close range, and should never have been a starting weapon. The GD-22S or Anchor would've been a better fit as a general purpose LMG. Likewise, I feel like the Orion and Pulsar LSW should've switched places.

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
NC is the most underpowered and MAXs are not even over powered.
I hope you're joking.

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
hacksaw? Airhammer? TR have way better equivlents.
No, they really don't.

Last edited by Varsam; 2013-04-01 at 04:55 AM.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MrRipper
Private

The gauss saw is undoubtedly better than the tmg50 currently. Higby says They go by data and not opinions which means nothing since new conglomerate attracts the dumbest players with their freedom f*** yea motto. Not that all nc are dumb but they do have more n00bs than the other factions I feel. The striker can't hit infantry or base turrets though.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

The gauss saw is undoubtedly better than the tmg50 currently. Higby says They go by data and not opinions which means nothing since new conglomerate attracts the dumbest players with their freedom f*** yea motto.
Most veteran players agree that the TMG-50 is the TR's best all rounder, but I don't have any experience with it myself so I can't say.

Not that all nc are dumb but they do have more n00bs than the other factions I feel. The striker can't hit infantry or base turrets though.
It's because they're essentially space America. Also, I've seen the striker hit turrets.
Old 2013-04-01, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
JesNC
Master Sergeant

The gauss saw is undoubtedly better than the tmg50 currently. Higby says They go by data and not opinions which means nothing since new conglomerate attracts the dumbest players with their freedom f*** yea motto. Not that all nc are dumb but they do have more n00bs than the other factions I feel. The striker can't hit infantry or base turrets though.
The SAW isn't better than the TMG, it's different, fun and very effective at range while being challenging to control. Overall, they're even IMO.

So in your opinion NC are OP, dumb sh*ts and the worst players of all the factions? I lol'd. Ad hominems are a great way to support your arguments...

Everything in this thread's OP is a bad rehearsal of all the whine threads on official boards.

Last edited by JesNC; 2013-04-01 at 05:16 AM.
Old 2013-04-01, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Artimus
Master Sergeant

What makes the NC max op? The fact that they are deadly at extreme close range like there supose to be? I'll admit the falcon needs a nerf for infantry but thats about it. We use shotguns how do you justify it being op when were worthless everywere else. If anything the other MAXs need a buff.
Old 2013-04-01, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
MrRipper
Private

True the striker can hit turrets but not consistently.
The tmg50 is the best TR Lmg and it's great compared to the others. To bad it doesn't hold a candle to the gauss saw!
Old 2013-04-01, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The SAW isn't bad, but I prefer the GD-22.

Old 2013-04-01, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
MrRipper
Private

I never said all nc are dumb as shit but they do attract more n00bs than the other factions.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Not everything about the new conglomerate is overpowered but I have five things to say to you: Hacksaw, Scattermax, Gauss weapons, Air Hammer, and phoenix sniper rifles. If i hadnt certed my TR character i would play nc. It feels like TR is hardmode am I alone here or could someone please help alleviate my fears?

You are either blind - or more probably just a clueless noob/troll.

The NC MAX may be over powered but nothing else is.

Infantry weapons - definitely not OPed.

Air Hammer - is a limited weapon it self - and in Reavers over all are by far the worst ESF. They fly like fat pigs.

The Phoenix was already nerfed to be essentially useless against infantry on Friday.

It sounds like you issue is most they you are a bad player.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion