How do you break continent locks? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Purrfectstorm is sexy!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-06, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Unknown
It's my understanding that there are spawn tubes at towers, but you can only spawn in "stock" gear (Standard armor, Suppressor, REK), and they only have lockers, no equipment terminals.

I dunno about that. Seems like it would make breaking a continent lock waaay too easy for it to be worth bothering with the lock in the first place...but then again all they have to do is defeat the attacking team and take that one base back and the continent gets 're-locked'. Hmm...that might balance out ok I suppose. Oh well, we'll find out when the game's released...
Theres certain bonuses whit locking down a continent... its supposed to be hard to keep an entire continent locked down.

Locking down continents is also a fun objective to aim for, gives you another goal than just another kill or just another base captured.
Old 2003-04-06, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally posted by JonnyK
HEART
No not heart, HART....this isn't physicle terms.....

And to break the continent lock. you take a HART and drop somewhere outa the SOI of the enemy base, then hack the base, hold the base till its yours, then the gate wil open.

I say you should have a pack of 30-50 standing at teh gate waiting for the lock to be broken...so you dont loose the base again......

Oh, how many people can load up in the HART?

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-07, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

It would be pretty hard to break a cont lock if you had to actually TAKe the base. Because:
[list=1][*]The cont. has a monopoly on all the vehicles, which means Limited Infantry VS. Unlimited Infantry & Unlimited Vehicles[*]It would take a long time[*]Long ways to walk, from outside of an S.O.I. to all the weay inside[/list=1]

Would make more sense that if a base was at least DISABLED than the cont lock woudl be broken

Old 2003-04-07, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Well I say it depends..... If the HART can take 30+ MAXs, then you can raid a base......And make sure that few of the MAXs are able to take down vehicles.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-07, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Gotta agree with Bugger. I think a good mix of maxes just may be enough to take a base even without vehicle support. As long as everyone knows their role and plays their part.
Old 2003-04-07, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
roWmz
Private

Thats what I was thinking yesterday, Im sure like 4 maxes and a guy with an infiltration suit can take a small base with a few enemies in it, at least till reinforcements arrive
Old 2003-04-07, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally posted by SandTrout
If a base looses NTU power while the continent is locked, the lock is NOT broken unless/until it is captured by an opposeing force.
We got a confirmation on that? Nice.

Edit- Bugger, Devs have told us that the number of people that can deploy from one HART is unlimited. Only limited factor is the takeoff times.

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2003-04-07 at 07:14 AM.
Old 2003-04-07, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by SandTrout

If a base looses NTU power while the continent is locked, the lock is NOT broken unless/until it is captured by an opposeing force.
Source?
Old 2003-04-07, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Destroyeron
Troll x2

You gotta use HARTS (drop pods). About 100 other people probabaly said that already but yah know...its a legitament post.

When you take another base then the continent lock is broke.
Old 2003-04-07, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Best way to break a lock would be to cap a tower. Towers have spawn tubes in them and lockers. Make sure ur locker is filled to capacity with weps. Now bind the tower and attack the nearest base. (best way to cap some vehicals is to wait for a skeeter to land at the tower or something like that and THEN attack. Hack it and you get a brand new car!!!!! There are only a few towers on a continent tho. I frgt the exact # but its less then 24
Old 2003-04-07, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Trebor95
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Peacemaker
Best way to break a lock would be to cap a tower. Towers have spawn tubes in them and lockers. Make sure ur locker is filled to capacity with weps. Now bind the tower and attack the nearest base. (best way to cap some vehicals is to wait for a skeeter to land at the tower or something like that and THEN attack. Hack it and you get a brand new car!!!!! There are only a few towers on a continent tho. I frgt the exact # but its less then 24
afaik you cannot break continental lock by capturing a tower, in no way will towers affect continental lock unless this has been changed in the beta, you will have to hack a base, which will immediately unlock the continent (I hope) allowing for friendly forces to stream through to try and assist?
Old 2003-04-07, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I think he meant taht it would be a great strategic advantage, considering that there are spawn tubes there. This allows your forces to break the barrier of a limited supply of soldiers.

I concur with him though. If you can't beat you enemy with tactics or brute fore, just overwhelm them.

EDIT: Also, good idea of tryin to hack enemy vehicles, but you would probably have to hack quite a bit of them if you want to make a difference.

Plus, if an enemy CONTINENT notcies that one of the bases tahts holding their cont lock together is being hacked, i bet you're gonna be expecting a MAJOR amount of reinforcments, so my guess guess is breaking a continent lock is going to be one of the hardest things to do in Planetside.

Last edited by 1024; 2003-04-07 at 01:20 PM.
Old 2003-04-07, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
DrHealex
Private

You also have to deal with the fact that the enemy will prolly have a HUGE amount of troops/vechicles/etc at that locked warpgate bubble just waiting for that covert ops team to break the seal :-P
Old 2003-04-07, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Yea. My final, educated guess is you need a HART/Droppod to get in, then disable the base,not take it over. But i might be wrong.

wktgo

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion