So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wanna ride the pony.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-10, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Or Engs reclaim it for resources of their own.

Which would make a great cert.
9 times out of 10 I use a mossy/lib/galaxy it's for disposable transportation, so I am down with that!

On a different note, I see that SOE is hooking up with Wikia and I was wondering two things:

1. Hamma, how do you feel about this and where does Planetside-Universe fit in there.

2. Do you think you could ask SOE to make the Planetside Syndicate wiki the official wiki for PS1? I don't have any affiliation with the site, I just noticed that it's a really comprehensive, detailed wiki for Planetside (that has more content than any of the others I have looked at). No sense reinventing the wheel for a PS1 wiki.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Dagron
Captain

Actually, i think they don't want to encourage individuals to spawn a galaxy just to get from point A to B and then trash it.
Old 2012-10-10, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fanglord View Post
Oh I completely forgot! Whats really pissing me off is the waste of vehicles, I get theres a lock to stop douche baggery. Though when they have clearly been left/or owner killed it jus seems like wasted resources and is very immersion breaking; maybe a minute timer on an abandoned vehicle before it becomes usable by team mates?
Or just give you a refund. PS2 could be the first game to offer a green solution and reward you for recycling

Any chance on asking if they can change the V macros back to ps1 type.
Old 2012-10-12, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Multicrewed tanks didn't have this problem, drivers didn't run over people repairing them.
Old 2012-10-12, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
So Jennyboo and I will spend a couple days at SOE next week and then of course SOE Live 2012. What are some of the major issues you guys would like to know more about?
The biggest issue is I'm not in the line up on you're SOE live stream! Get me in there I wanna show off my red shirt!
Old 2012-10-12, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Finarfin
Private

Performance optimisation (combating graphical and network lag) should be given the highest priority. Nothing is as anticlimatic as your epic battle turning into a slideshow.
Old 2012-10-12, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thanks all for your continued questions. I will be putting the final touches on my list today so if you have anything else post it soon.

Originally Posted by cellinaire View Post
BTW, can you get a few infoz on EQnext from th...... uh nope.
Yea this bad boy is totally under lock and key these days. I am hoping to talk to Dave Georgeson a bit - but he won't be telling me anything about EQ Next

Originally Posted by Tatwi;On a different note, I see that SOE is hooking up with Wikia and I was wondering two things:

1. Hamma, how do you feel about this and where does Planetside-Universe fit in there.

2. Do you think you could ask SOE to make the [URL="http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/index.php?title=Main_Page"
Planetside Syndicate[/URL] wiki the official wiki for PS1? I don't have any affiliation with the site, I just noticed that it's a really comprehensive, detailed wiki for Planetside (that has more content than any of the others I have looked at). No sense reinventing the wheel for a PS1 wiki.
Considering they never contacted us about our Wiki, I don't see this happening.

We have been trying to obtain the content from that wiki for a while now to supplement our own.. still working on it. The main architects of that wiki are now working on our Wiki project.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-10-12 at 10:44 AM.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Did I mention joysticks?
Old 2012-10-12, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Fazed
Corporal

Ask them if they will give better waypoint management to leaders, just like I suggested there ==>> http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=48209
Old 2012-10-12, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
xenoneo
Private

Originally Posted by Helwyr View Post
I really want to know what's going on with the Infiltrator Class.

1) When will we get to test a PS1 style Infiltrator?
- Related to this why was the "Stalker Camouflage cloak" removed along with many other certs from the Infiltrator skill tree in the latest build?

2) Where is the Wraith ATV?
I completely agree.
One of the original top issues of PS2 was how the infiltrator was nothing more than a sniper.
Although the addition of hacking is welcome, the overall issue of the infiltrator combat mechanics not being fleshed out is still a problem.
The unique play style of a melee range cloaker could perhaps be the culprit, since all the other classes are focused on gun mechanics, making it a priority.
It does make me very worried that they removed the stalker cloak and the melee damage boost certs after the wipe.
I want to sneak around unseen and gut people with my blade, not hide a mile away and do head-shots.
Old 2012-10-12, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
VelRa
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Thanks all for your continued questions. I will be putting the final touches on my list today so if you have anything else post it soon.

Yea this bad boy is totally under lock and key these days. I am hoping to talk to Dave Georgeson a bit - but he won't be telling me anything about EQ Next

Considering they never contacted us about our Wiki, I don't see this happening.

We have been trying to obtain the content from that wiki for a while now to supplement our own.. still working on it. The main architects of that wiki are now working on our Wiki project.
If you haven't gone ahead yet and finalized that list, I'm curious to hear how the Light Assault stacks up against other classes in terms of numbers. I'm concerned that they're a bit directionless about where to take the class. Have there been any discussions on what would be included in "Light Assault: Tools" certs? And how are they processing all the posts asking for LA and Medics to switch weapon classes?
Old 2012-10-12, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Arovien
First Sergeant

top issue: pop imbalance. No question.
another major issue is the fact that support activities do not generate enough xp to be appealing enough.

Have fun over in San Diego. Try Vallarta Express. The SOE SD folks should know of the place.
Old 2012-10-12, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
Multicrewed tanks didn't have this problem, drivers didn't run over people repairing them.
cos the driver got out to repair while the gunner stayed on board to protect from roaming enemy.
Old 2012-10-12, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm going to go ahead and finalize the doc for now, tons of feedback guys thanks for that! The document is pretty long

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Did I mention joysticks?
I already know they are messing with this stuff, Higby has a crazy Joystick on his desk.

Old 2012-10-22, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Hamma
PSU Admin

So I got *most* of the questions you guys asked answered. Some of them will be revealed in an interview with Higby that will be up tomorrow. Some were already revealed last week when I was live tweeting from SOE. The rest I haven't figured how I will reveal. Likely I will type them or possibly talk about them in an AGN Instant Action video I will be doing this week.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion