NS Smg worth it? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My other car is a Sweeper Shotgun!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-12-27, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BloBBloB
Private

Post NS Smg worth it?

I've planned to get a smg for some time now, and seeing as it's 1k Certs (and seeing as I'm a pussy) I'm planning to buy one with sc. But I've heard the NS one spreads to other characters if you buy it with sc, so perhaps that's a better option. Unless someone can tell my why Sirius/Blitz/Hailstorm is so much better as the persons I've met say :P

Thanks in advance.
Old 2013-12-27, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: NS Smg worth it?

It is a fantastic weapon. Unless you are on Waterson... in which case stay the fuck away from it.

Old 2013-12-27, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

If your going to buy, buy the ns weapon.

Old 2013-12-27, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BloBBloB
Private

Thanks guys.

Everyone at the official forums says the opposite, but I have more faith in you guys than them.
Old 2013-12-28, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
findus

You may want to look at videos on YouTube (e.g. from Wrel or STL Youngblood or KoolAid), they have indepth information on this and other weapons. Helped me a lot....
Old 2013-12-28, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

It's certainly a perfectly viable and effective choice. It doesn't seem to be as close quarters oriented as the rest, more of a medium range SMG when compared to those.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-12-30, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ZeroDefex
Private

It does fill a good role as not excelling in one specific area, but being good in many areas. It's also highly customizable, allowing you to make it specialize for almost any scenario.
Old 2013-12-30, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Buying it allows you versatility across all the factions. This may mean all or nothing to you.

It peforms better at med range and you can fine tune it to improve it for either CqC or med range. At close range your usually getting the drop on your target more then not, so the extra dmg at cqc for improved range effectiveness for me is an easy decision.

Old 2013-12-30, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
OCNSethy
Major

Wrel recommends it for most scenerios... it appears to be better than other SMGs at longer range. Based on that recommendation, Ive moved from my Hailstorm to the NS SMG and having a ball. If you do get it, make sure you get extended mags.... you can never have enough ammo
Old 2013-12-30, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It is the perfect Light Assault Weapon.

Old 2014-01-01, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Verrijden
Private

I bought the NS7 a while back with an older character and I can still use it on any character I made since then. So that is nice, however I dont use it much because the Blitz is better IMO. You should go to VR Training and test out each of the SMGs. I think people generally like the 2nd gen empire specific SMGs (Blitz, Serius, Hailstorm) because of the magazine size and rof.
Old 2014-01-02, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Ive been using it.
Its a fun weapon.
The other SMGs are better in practical applications(at least the NC ones.)

It has much better range, but its signifigantly less lethat up close.

One note though the base sights on it are great - better than the scopes. NC SMGs also have the same great sights. If I was playing Vanio or TR I might use it just for the sights.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Selerox
Sergeant

Exclamation Re: NS Smg worth it?

Something to bear in mind is that the NS7 has the longest maximum damage range of any SMG (15m), which beats the faction SMGs by at least 50%.

So you'll be hitting your hardest from further back than any other SMG. Use it for it's versatility and bear in mind it's a distance/accuracy weapon and you'll do fine.

As has been said already, Light Assaults can do horrible things with the NS7.
Old 2014-01-09, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

With few exceptions, NS weapons feel like inferior versions of TR weapons to me.

The exceptions are the NS-11A, the NS-44, and the NS-357, all of which strike me as unique.

The NS-11C feels like an inferior T5 AMC.
The NS-15M feels like an inferior TMG-50.
The NS-7 PDW feels like an inferior Armistice.

But hey, if you're not TR, you might find that these weapons offer you a dimension of gameplay unavailable to your faction.
Old 2014-01-10, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Feyyore
Private

When I made the choice I went for the NS-7 PDW. Though lacking in as much fire rate as the Armistice it turned out to be a nice all around smg. It's accuracy close and mid range are next to none. Especially with advanced laser sights and such. Admitidly I ended up loving the reload system a great deal too.

I got mine for close quarters and mid range to be used on all classes in such situations. An infi or light assault is scary with it.

For close range fighting such as bio-labs and similar the NS-7 is lovely.

Last edited by Feyyore; 2014-01-10 at 10:13 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions