HA Solution Yes or No? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I am in awe
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: This idea any good?
Yeah i like it! 25 55.56%
No it sucks go home you english &$"�! 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-02-27, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I would like a few things.

Ditch the Mag Scatter pistol. Replace it with a gun that is pretty much a ripoff of the Desert Eagle. 7 rounds, fires about 1.5 rounds a second, and packs a hell of a punch.

But that's all I remember right now. Heh.
Old 2004-02-27, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
JakeLogan
Major

Dude stop double posting--------------------------------------------------------see this *points down* button? use it
Old 2004-02-27, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I think the biggest problem with HA is that it exists. I personally don't want more than just the NC running around with Jackhammers, and I particularly do not want to see another HA weapon. The typical PS soldier is already to powerful for his own good, something that is hampering teamwork
I totally and completely agree with this statement
Old 2004-02-27, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
I totally and completely agree with this statement
Def wrong in my opinion.

The devs just need to fix the Lasher bugs and then everything will be balanced and dandy.

The Jack is fine, bug fixed. The MCG has always been fine. Tha Lasher needs a 5.0 downgrade/bug fix and then, and only then, will HA be balanced.

Old 2004-02-27, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

The only reasonable debate about HA is whether or not it�s worth 4 full cert points. Assuming even skills a MA user can dominate HA at medium and long range and at close range can take the HA down to about 20% of his health before the fight is over. This close range only advantage is hardly HA �ruining� anything in the game and probably not worth 4 full cert points. This is hardly turning the game into �Quake� or anything ridicules like that.

Mini-Rant Time:
One thing that never ceases to amuse me in the game is the faux �morality� of a few people who have decided to forego HA and stick with MA. If you kill them with HA you get the hate tells about how you are supposedly cheap. Give me a break. I suppose using a MCG is cheap, but you mowing heavy infantry in your Tank is the real test of skill and manhood as well as being just and righteous. Again, give me a freaking break. Usually, when this happens it�s when I fight someone who just can�t aim. I come around the corner in my Rexo with MCG blazing and they return fire. They die and then whine to me about the cheapness of my HA or how I�m just a lame Surgile with no real skill. I then check my health and armor and realize that I�m missing none of either. Reality check time: HA is not lame and people in a Rexo who don�t have Surge are not �Surgiles� and if you empty a clip at me and I�m missing no armor and no health you can�t aim � it�s not the weapon that�s the problem. My advice: Learn to aim, learn some basic tactics, and quit crying or go play another game that is slow and easy enough for you. As FPS games go PS is SLOW. If you can�t hold your own in PS you need to stick to RTS or Role Playing Games where the fighting is automated for you.
Old 2004-02-27, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
ChemicalHex
Private

I completely agree. Besides the Lasher bugs, I really saw nothing wrong with HA as a whole. I've been playing this game long enough that JH toting surgemonkeys really weren't a problem anymore. I've fought them so many times, I'm a better player because of it and have been owning them constantly for quite some time now.

Most of the people sending hate tells are those who can't aim or use no common sense when attacking, like when a group of three come at you one at a time, and then send tells like "consider yourself reported" like you were cheating. It's these people who complain on the OF and get things nerfed.

It's all just common sense, that most people seem to lack. 4 people with Lashers guarding the CC door to an Amp Station? Use thumpers, or to a lesser degree, even a Punisher. I personally use every weapon I have, excluding the sweeper because the MCG performs the CQB nitch perfectly. I use a Cycler whenever I expect to be fighting outdoors in open areas. I use a Punisher with plasma against people guarding certain areas, like CC's and the backdoor. And, I of course use the MCG for general indoors/medium-to-short range combat.

Fix the bug with the Lasher, and the only issue with HA as a whole is exactly what BadAsh said...is it really worth 4 certs?
Old 2004-02-27, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I think HA sucks. I would rather MAX suits be the effective ones at killing
Old 2004-02-27, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kayith
Private

HA is entirely fair. Any good cloaker can completely annihilate an HA Surge newbie in no time flat, and thumpers make short work of both TR and NC HA (I would include VS Lashers, but the bugs make it so that even thumper users aren't safe.) I can't count the number of TR Chaingunners I've killed with my Gauss at medium range, because their accuracy sucks and mine doesn't.

Hell, I've nuked TR inside of bases with grenades before they even knew I was there.

It's all about tactics (except for the Lasher).
Old 2004-02-27, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yes i would like a beefed up guass, but i don't think the JH should become Common pool, it should be removed.

Or we could have a new heavy rifle type cert with better assult rifles, a two cert point thing that give you like guass v2 or somthing

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-27, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
I think the biggest problem with HA is that it exists. I personally don't want more than just the NC running around with Jackhammers, and I particularly do not want to see another HA weapon. The typical PS soldier is already to powerful for his own good, something that is hampering teamwork.

If the typical PS soldier is too powerful for his own good, then wont his enemy also be too powerful for his own good? Logic says yes, in which case stating that this hampers teamwork is completely flawed.
Old 2004-02-27, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Nah, let the NC keep the JackHammer. More variance in the factions the better.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion