Lasher!!!!!!! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does this infiltration suit make me look fat?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-23, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

^rofl

anyway, It'd be cool to keep shit like that on the OF forums.

a bit off topic but i found a funny pic so I'll just post it here.....
Old 2004-02-23, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by bryan25
you idiots u know that the lasher is too powerful u just dont want to admit it u pussies.

You Vanu make me sick you know that the lasher is too powerful and now u have more people comin to your side just cuzz of the lasher.
Says the man with the Jackhammer...

Am I the only one finding amusement in all of this? Looks like the power shift moved slightly away from the NC on one area and the crying just won't stop.
Old 2004-02-23, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

you idiots u know that the lasher is too powerful u just dont want to admit it u pussies.

You Vanu make me sick you know that the lasher is too powerful and now u have more people comin to your side just cuzz of the lasher.
We don't want to admit the Lasher is too strong....even if it does turn the tides of war by itself, why don't you admit that you're tank, MA, AV, pistol and HA are too strong then?

So what if we have more people coming to our side? This is our fault that most of you NCs are bandwagoners? JH still owns Lasher. And most of your NC weapons still own anyone elses. Unless anyone can give me reason to believe otherwise. The only people that I'll allow to complain are TR, and even then, valid arguments boys and girls...

Taste of your own medicine, that someone finally has something to rival a JH (even though it's more or less the same gun).

And the NC told us WE bitched....
Old 2004-02-23, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Lasher is fine, it's the lash that's the big problem. Before the patch, the Lasher's orbs didn't lash 5 m or under, but now they do, and that's a big problem.

I'm not sure whether the lash hits the same person twice, it probably doesn't, but if it does it needs to be stopped.

Currently, the Lasher's orbs lash in all directions. It should only lash to the sides, and the range of the lashes should be cut in half. This IMO and a couple others, would fix all the bs.
Old 2004-02-23, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
spartan606
Private

Originally Posted by VectorModule
The recent VS winning streak explained I am posting a complaint thread all that are against the recent lasher buff please post here. I am sick of playing against vanu, and so is my outfit(Renegade Legion) We are as we speak boycotting the damn vs. Whenever I see a lasher im outta there. I have almost lost my love for the game along with many others please lets all get together and do something about this!!!!!
Eh, what's this an NC bitching about a HA gun? I thought I'd never see the day. Now you claim that the new Lasher is unbalanced, but I think that you've never been on the opposite side of a JH-wielding surgile. Learn to deal with it. Anyways, in my experience the Pulsar is better than the Lasher, you just have to know how to use it. Now quit your crying and learn to use your Gauss (it's better than the JH anyways) and use different tatics.

Sorry, but I can't help but leave with a joke I've heard...

Q: Why don't NC vehicles ever get anywhere?
A: They all want to ride shotgun.
Old 2004-02-23, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Also, look at what situation you are in when you were killed by a lasher. Did you get unloaded at by maybe 5 guys with lashers, get caught off guard, or any other way to get you killed. Use tactics like mentioned earlier. Also, when a patch goes through people want to try to use the weapon that got buffed so they all try it out, more lashers=greater chance to die from a lasher. I've played all three sides,many others have as well, make sure you try it out yourself before you say anything.
Old 2004-02-23, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Augustus
Private

How very ironic coming from an NC.

In the interest of fairness lets make a compromise.
If the devs state that the lash behind is a bug we get to keep it for as long as the NC had their quad-shot bug.
Old 2004-02-23, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

The TR should get their own bug too. Like maybe every 5th shot takes away 50% of the target's remaining life.
Old 2004-02-23, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by -Desperado-
^rofl

anyway, It'd be cool to keep shit like that on the OF forums.

a bit off topic but i found a funny pic so I'll just post it here.....
Dude that pic is killin me... LOL
Old 2004-02-23, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Scorched_earth
Private

I get 42 grief per shot to friendly since the new patch! ahhhh :o( The lasher hasnt really been buffed only the lash effects last longer and 25 clip! Since the lasher patch everyons moved to vs making a whole army of lashers! THat's y if you go to www.planetsidestats.com vs hav won non stop since the patch! But yeh the nc jack hammer never gets close enough to be now since patch I sense the devs r already making a new nerf patch for next week

I'm still laughing bout smokejumpers joke bout: how many nc does it take to drive a car? They cant! they all wanna ride shotgun.
(sumthing like that anyways) The fact the dev sed that was funny

Vanu get all the exp you can b4 we're nerfed :o( Or the bug goes!

^ the terrain on that pic looks like b4 beta shots! looks much better than now

Last edited by Scorched_earth; 2004-02-23 at 05:35 PM.
Old 2004-02-23, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

lasher is a wee bit overpowerd, but it can be beat.
Old 2004-02-23, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dutchbasterd
Private

arial3dark red

Dear whinners of the NC, (Every NC on Markov that I know of,)
Just give it up guys, you know that all your weapons are overpowered, and yet you bitch when someone else takes the spotlight.
This is the Era of the Vanu And the Lasher!
I do admit that 5m radius behind kill thing is a bit whack, but I mean like, they probably will fix it so let us have our fun ya over powered sons of cowards!
and yeah just so you know dont bitch at us, cause we bitch back
Have a nice day
Old 2004-02-23, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

If there is a bug where you get hit and lashed at the same time, and get lashed behind the lasher...then yes, by all means fix those...same thing I said about the JH (which I also use heavily)...if it's a bug then it needs to be fixed. I doubt it's going to change things THAT much...

Also, to the fact that it does 32 damage per hit...it kills in 4 hits...as to my simple mind, 32x3 = 96...and 96 < 100 (and if they're smart and carry medpacks and/or are around a healing module...that difference can be larger). So 4 hits from a Lasher kills an agile....4 hits from a JH kills an agile. Both have a fairly decent spread on damage. They're roughly equal still.

As to ammo being hard to get a hold of...chances are the lasher user you decked had some. Anyone using a beamer, pulsar or lasher is carrying it. Every VS in his jammies has a box. I have 600 rounds (at least) of the stuff in one of my lockers plus tons of weapons...please don't try and use that as an argument. Sure, it's a little bit harder to get a hold of than shotgun ammo, but 1 box = 2 clips...more than the poor JH can claim anymore (not that I feel any pity...the combat effectiveness of the boxes remains the same overall).

I'm not VS...my VS characters are actually the lowest BRs of any. My primaries are both TR and NC, and I have kicked post-patch lashers off of continents. Is it a bit tougher? Yes...but the lasher sucked prior, so that isn't saying much. The VS HA has just been moved into the realm of TR and NC HA...you NEVER want to be close to them. As I said earlier, the MCG still seems to be the most effective of the HAs.

Having problems with lashers spamming a hallway? You can't get in you say? Your Jackhammer dies as you run blindly down the hallway firing shells into a hail of Lasher orbs? Man...our Heavy Assault can't break through...this calls for something...different...special, if you will. If only there was a cert for such unusual situations.

But what would we call such a cert? I know! Bizarre Assault! And it will have weapons that you can bounce off of walls so as not to expose yourself to fire and use neat munitions to create stacking damage over time that do area effect damage. Like some sort of....napalm....only green! Yes...the devs will need to make this cert and weaponry to combat the lasher...and create this special group of assault weapons for these circumstances. If only they would do so! If only we had this magical weapon!

OH WAIT! We *do* have Special Assault with the Thumper, a three second delay and plasma grenades! OMG! WHAT A SHOCK! You mean...we can use weapons OTHER than the Jackhammer? WHO KNEW?!

Sorry...that wasn't meant as a flame of any one individual but whining about HA balance is really starting to get on my nerves. NERF THE JH! NERF THE MCG! NERF THE LASHER!! I almost wish they were real weapons so I could club people until they stopped moving.

Here's the indoors food chain people... HA > everything EXCEPT MAX suits and other HA. Those two exceptions don't guarantee survival, they just mean a more even fight. If you beat a HA indoors with something else on your own...congrats, you bucked the trend. If you get owned by HA indoors, congrats...you're proof the game is performing as designed. Does it suck to be slammed backwards by HA? Yes...which is why you have one of your own...would you counter a Prowler convoy with Delievers? Hell no, the 20mm is not as effective of an AV weapon as the 100mmm. SAME CONCEPT.

Sure, the NC HA can't compete with the Lasher down a choke point. The Lasher can't compete with the JH at point-blank. Neither can compete with the MCG outside at range. It's a balance people, you won't win ALL the time. The reason you see all this shift is that the Lasher got a buff and the JH got a "nerf" so people go running from this "nerfed" weapon and pick up the new "powerhouse" weapon. Stupid Llamas, yes...but they'll always be stupid. To ruin the balance, as they did after Lasher 2.0 by taking it WAY too low (not that a nerf was unwarranted), because of stupid whiners willl just lead to more "NERF THE <hated weapon X>" comments. MAKE THE CIRCLE OF WHINING AND NERFING STOP! ADAPT AND PLAY THE EFFING GAME!

Old 2004-02-23, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Fix the lash damage when I'm behind the guy, thats all I ask.

Old 2004-02-23, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

And your request is perfectly reasonable and I hope they attend to it with all due haste Silverlord. Bug fix does NOT equal nerf...despite what the NC seem to think.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion