Yet another Boomer Idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Some assembly required.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-26, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Yet another Boomer Idea

Thought of this (and I just know its in an old thread somewhere, just to lazy to look).

Add an alternate mode to the boomer trigger (once it's been deployed). If you switch to alternate and press the trigger, it gives you a timer box. You set the countdown timer for up to a 15 minute delay. If you press the trigger a second time (after the timer is set) then the mine deconstructs with no explosion. I added that part, as an incentive to ensure you keep the triggers. Also, if the trigger is destroyed (i.e. you put it in your trunk and the vehicle got wacked), then the boomer also deconstructs.

Thought of this idea running around in my cloaker in an enemy base (wanted to setup a diversion). Also, would be handy for blowing a gen from a distance, drop 12 boomers, then click the timers. No need to grab a jammer and manually set them off.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-26, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kayith
Private

I'd like it if they put the triggers in the shortcut bar and load a new boomer into your pistol slot. When you want to trigger a boomer, you press the corresponding trigger hotkey and it comes up in your hand. Then you trigger it.

There should be a way to turn this on and off, though, so you could still do quick Surgey-go-Boomer runs on AMSs and Spawn rooms.
Old 2004-02-26, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

u shuold be able to stick them to maxes. but that will never be implemented
Old 2004-02-26, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kayith
Private

There'd probably be too many collision and texture issues.

Plus, MAXs would start getting friendly CEs to stick Spitfires and Motion Sensors onto them, so they could walk around shooting Spitfires and have instant cloaker detection.

That'd be cool.
Old 2004-02-26, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheN00b
Colonel

LOL, can't you just picture a VS MAX jumping around with ten Spits and a Motion Detector on it ? That'd be so sick...
Old 2004-02-26, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Yes, I can see some cloaker unloading all his boomers on the MAX, the cloaker gets kiled. So the MAX walks up to his buds for repairs. They all step away from him once they see the boomers, "Guys? Can I get some repairs?" Or he runs in screaming "Get it off get it off!"
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-02-26, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i want a option that blows all boomer triggers in you inventory no more jammer nades
Old 2004-02-26, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

or u attacking a base and u need to get into spawn. why not stick sum boomers on a few maxes and have them go into spawnroom. heh massive kills.
Old 2004-02-27, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Otherick
Sergeant Major

That would be so cool. I wish this gets implemented
Old 2004-02-27, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Otherick
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187
Yes, I can see some cloaker unloading all his boomers on the MAX, the cloaker gets kiled. So the MAX walks up to his buds for repairs. They all step away from him once they see the boomers, "Guys? Can I get some repairs?" Or he runs in screaming " Get it off get it off! "
like halo
Old 2004-02-27, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
killerpea
Private

that is a good idea having some sort of sticky explosive like C4 or somthing to that affect and you just stickit to a vehicle and it either has a timer or a trigger. it would be easyer than laying a boomer and hopping somone runs it over
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion