Runners on vehicles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: which way to the dungeon?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-05, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dr Dinocrusher
Private

Runners on vehicles

Well, this is something I came up with the other day. I haven't seen anything about it in any of the previews so as far as I know it hasn't been implemented yet. Vehicle customization just seems to be weapons/camo. Basically, as an upgrade for vehicles they can attach handles and runners (or 'assault skids', or whatever name the devs want) to the vehicle, allowing infantry (but not MAX suits) to hang off of it and it for transport. E.g., tanks, mosquitoes and reavers would all be capable of carrying troops around. The tradeoff, of course, is that this takes up whatever else could be in that slot, and the troops aren't very well protected since they're hanging off of a vehicle. I figure the number of troops carried would be 2 or 4 (with an even number on each side), probably depending on vehicle. It'd be a good way to expand the role that aircraft and (non-transport) ground vehicles can play in my opinion and expand transport options, and the vulnerability of the troops wouldn't make it to overpowered in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Dr Dinocrusher; 2012-06-05 at 04:45 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault