News: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside doesn't already take enough of your time, eh?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-04-18, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
the mcg still has a spin up time.
Yeah, we had to pull out this change at the last minute due to some bugs it was causing and it didn't get cut from the update notes. This change is still coming, but not this update. Patch notes will be updated soon to remove this line item. Sorry about that, we've wanted to put this change up for a while, but keep running into problems with it!
Old 2013-04-18, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Dragonskin
Major

when did buzzcut get banned? thats great news.
Old news, his twitch account was temp banned. I don't think he has been banned in game. I think that is all I will say about him though... didn't mean to derail the thread or focus it on him.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Yeah, we had to pull out this change at the last minute due to some bugs it was causing and it didn't get cut from the update notes. This change is still coming, but not this update. Patch notes will be updated soon to remove this line item. Sorry about that, we've wanted to put this change up for a while, but keep running into problems with it!
thank you for the information. i was a little disappointed but its no big deal.

ps. id still pay station cash for underslung mcg.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-04-18 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Binkley
Sergeant

The spawn under the map bug is back.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Dragonskin
Major

ps. id still pay station cash for underslung mcg.
I would buy it in a heart beat... the icon for the MCG and the old beta shots look amazing. The new one works, but doesn't feel realistic enough I guess.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I would buy it in a heart beat... the icon for the MCG and the old beta shots look amazing. The new one works, but doesn't feel realistic enough I guess.
put the spin up time on the underslung mcg, decrease accureacy increase damage, call it the behemoth.

*waves wad of cash

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-04-18 at 12:17 PM.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
This feels like a major "quality of life" patch. Mostly polishing and things that will make the game feel more whole and complete. The game was due for a big one because a lot of areas still felt incomplete.
I agree. This was a feel-good patch and I really got the impression that the Devs were trying to fix some of the mistakes made in the design an implementation of the original game.

I think GU7 marks the beginning with a new era for PS2, along with the lattice systems coming up.
Old 2013-04-18, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
oh you big tease

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-04-18, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Falcon_br
Captain

I just tested my t7.
Firing from the hip got really nerfed now!
There is no point using laser sights anymore, because you can't hit anything firing from the hip! Laser sight or not.
But now you no longer need to be stationary to fire the gun, what is awesome!
I think you can still skip the rotation animation using the old exploit of pressing down the sights button immediately after pressing the fire button, but with te fire from the hip nerf and considering you still keep the accuracy from firing from the hip, this exploit is no longer useful, maybe in very close combats.
So, the laser sights is no longer so use, you just use extended mags and can fire on the move, well I can't say I am happy, because Ai am using laser sights since day one. But I will not complain either because now I can use extended mags and be happy.

Also, with the new capture timer on the map, I can easily do my flight plan to arrive in all bases seconds before the capture just to get the points! Just tried it today and it is awesome! Maybe I will no longer have a 1/5 attack/defense ratio that my outfit always complains I like to defend, we will just load up a galaxy and fly for those captures!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-18, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Those things that are supposed to pop out of the Lasher when you fire are not there. I mean, it looks like they've been removed or something. You can see the new interior part of the gun, though. The ammo cartridge is also missing. It's invisible. xD
Old 2013-04-18, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
ringring
Contributor
General

I like the slider in settings for chat box opacity (unless it was added in previously and I've only just noticed it).

Also what happened to the length of capture timers, I've seen one for 16 minutes! Were they changed or is it just that now we see the numbers we've just noticed how long it can take in extremis.
Old 2013-04-18, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
I like the slider in settings for chat box opacity (unless it was added in previously and I've only just noticed it).
Oh lord, I think that's been in for MONTHS
Old 2013-04-18, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

A lot of good changes for a relatively small patch. My faves are definitely changes to grenades and the Pounder... I would've preferred, however, they fixed the lock-on ability for the launchers like the ML-7 rather than simply remove it when used against turrets.

It would be useful if launchers in dumb fire had an adaptive, projected rangefinder in and out of scope that told players which direction to lead in a target, and when to launch. Though not as effective as a lock-on feature, they would at least allow players who don't have that capability a fair chance of hitting stationary and moving targets, even if lock-on is too far.

Old 2013-04-18, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Fenrys
Major

So I played with the Artemis (VS scout rifle) for a while in VR, and was underwhelmed by the initial balance pass. Using the same attachments (comp, grip, 3.4x), the Solstice-SF carbine outperforms the Artemis at all ranges, when I would expect a scout rifle to remain effective to ranges beyond those of a carbine.

The faster projectile and 4 extra bullets are nice, but IMO the weapon is not accurate enough when firing in bursts (or the individual bullets are too weak).

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
It would be useful if launchers in dumb fire had an adaptive, projected rangefinder in and out of scope that told players which direction to lead in a target, and when to launch.
Make it an optics attachment for the default launcher and decimator - investing more certs reduces the time it takes the targeting computer to 'lock on' and provide a holographic aim point that compensates for projectile drop and current target velocity.

HS/NV and a less obstructive reflex sight would be some options for the same attachment slot.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-04-18 at 03:35 PM.
Old 2013-04-18, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Chefkoch
Sergeant

My CPU / GPU Performance was a bit better this patch. Nice
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion