Medic Weapon - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey! He stole my NTU!!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-22, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Joomba
Corporal

Medic Weapon

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell whether or not the Medic class (and I suppose Engineer as well) has a weaker gun than the other classes, such as Light Assault?

Or do they get the same gun?
Old 2012-07-22, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kezz
Sergeant

Re: Medic Weapon

The only comment I've seen was to the effect that the Medic would certainly be able to run and gun with the rest of their squad. Since every Class has it's own "schtick", the Medic's extra healing abilities shouldn't need to reduce their killing power for "balance" reasons.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Joomba View Post
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell whether or not the Medic class (and I suppose Engineer as well) has a weaker gun than the other classes, such as Light Assault?

Or do they get the same gun?
It won't be weaker. In fact, Light Assault is said (by Higby) to use SMGs, carbines and shotguns... where Medics seem to have access to assault rifles atm. That doesn't mean weaker or stronger, just that LA will be short-range and mobile, where Medic will have somewhat longer range. If you pay close attention to Higby's most recent tech test stream, you'll see the bullet spread on the Light Assault weapon is much larger than on the Combat Medic's weapon.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Joomba
Corporal

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
It won't be weaker. In fact, Light Assault is said (by Higby) to use SMGs, carbines and shotguns... where Medics seem to have access to assault rifles atm. That doesn't mean weaker or stronger, just that LA will be short-range and mobile, where Medic will have somewhat longer range. If you pay close attention to Higby's most recent tech test stream, you'll see the bullet spread on the Light Assault weapon is much larger than on the Combat Medic's weapon.
He went into medic? How oblivious am I to not notice? Which minute did he do that?
Old 2012-07-23, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Joomba View Post
He went into medic? How oblivious am I to not notice? Which minute did he do that?
This may not be the latest stream, but he uses the LA carbine most of the video and switches to Medic + Gauss Rifle at 30:50
Old 2012-07-24, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jakkar
Private

afaik, the Medic uses a Cycler, the original TR assault rifle from the original game - whereas other classes like the Light Assault and Engineer use a compact variant; i.e. a less accurate SMG.
Old 2012-07-24, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Littleman
First Lieutenant

You have to keep in mind, the medic has no capability to combat vehicles, unless grenades are actually effective? He also arguably gets the least out of them. An LA or an infil bails, they're escape artists with high explosives. HA bails, he's got a launcher. Engineers can maintain their craft. A medic bails, he's only good with other infantry.

The medic is like the HA or MAX in that they're meant to be fighting on the front lines where the heavy combat is taking place. To compensate for their lack of vehicle engaging prowess, they have access to the best mid-to-long ranged weapon and self-healing (but don't forget healing allies,) making them a different kind of durable.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firearms
Sergeant

I like hearing Medic has a distance weapon. In other genre's they often get stuck with peashooters...
Old 2012-07-25, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Firearms View Post
I like hearing Medic has a distance weapon. In other genre's they often get stuck with peashooters...
Well, to be fair, in BF3 the "medic" has the best TTK short-medium range weapons in the game... plus the ability to revive and heal or use a grenade launcher. It actually seems like PS2 will have a similar take on the class, though HA will be better at short range, medic will probably be the best at medium for the reasons Littleman listed.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Firearms
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
Well, to be fair, in BF3 the "medic" has the best TTK short-medium range weapons in the game... plus the ability to revive and heal or use a grenade launcher. It actually seems like PS2 will have a similar take on the class, though HA will be better at short range, medic will probably be the best at medium for the reasons Littleman listed.
You're right. I do try to forget BF3 though. It makes me cry.
Old 2012-07-25, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Klockan
First Sergeant

It was the same in BF2142 since BF3 took BF2142's classes.
Old 2012-07-25, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firearms
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
It was the same in BF2142 since BF3 took BF2142's classes.
Sorry m8, BF died to me after they screwed Desert Combat to make BF2. BF:V was acceptable.*

*But I do own everything apart from BC1 and 2142 tbh...but no more. lol
Old 2012-07-25, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The best Medic weapons are the ones carried by non Medics.

Old 2012-07-25, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DREGS
Private

If you haven't played the Close Combat expansion, I recommend giving it another try. You lose the vehicles, but gain an awesome hectic firefight.

/edit
Oh and the next expansion (right around the corner) is full vehicular assault if that's your bread and butter.

Last edited by DREGS; 2012-07-25 at 05:45 PM.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DREGS View Post
If you haven't played the Close Combat expansion, I recommend giving it another try. You lose the vehicles, but gain an awesome hectic firefight.
I was expecting to hate Close Quarters... but the conquest mode is actually really nice. I've gotten addicted to infantry-only gameplay and C4ing -everyone-

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions