There is no end game, but heres an idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is that a decimator in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-12, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Valkar
Private

There is no end game, but heres an idea

Okay so I am an original PS player and loved its never ending war, but I do see a lot of people asking about something to aim for or some sort of traditional MMO end game style thing. Well I personally don't think there is a place for end game content as such but I do have an idea for this to hopefully suit both camps. Here goes:

Basically when an Empire reaches the point where they conquer the entire map then how about the server registers the winning side, scans the player records for that empire and looks at XP/resources earned over the last say 72 hours and then there is a threshold of XP/Resources to meet (for arguments sake lets call it 1million) So then all players with 1million xp or resources earned in the last 72 hours (those who contributed most to the complete take over of the map) get exclusive access to a permanent 1 man non combat land vehicle.

This vehicle can be something like a quad bike but just not as squishy and not as fast. This way the player has a permanent reward for conquering the world. Then the 2nd time they achieve it they maybe get a 1 man aircraft, again non combat at all just used for transport and cost no resource.

Then as time goes by if a player continues to win the battle for Auraxis they can start to receive other useful non combat rewards, maybe a personal teleporter, or free additional implants that take up no slots for things like a water breather implant ect.

So there you have it my idea for some sort of goals for conquering the map that might satisfy peoples need to win as they say but still leaving the war raging.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Last edited by Valkar; 2012-06-12 at 04:00 PM.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Re: There is no end game, but heres an idea

Nah, just reset the server with unscheduled maintenance.

Or use meteor storms to knock areas neutral.

Actually I do like the idea of getting some special rewards for holding every hex in the world for 72 hours.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bazilx
First Sergeant

OTHER THAN the big issue of people xp/resource whoring and faction-jumping which may or may not already be a problem, I love it.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Umm no I don't think it'll work.. :/ Rewards for "completion" will only draw players from what needs to be done, to what they themsleves must do in order to "win". Part of what makes PS work is that there is no end game... the whole game is end game. The start is end game. Sure you gain battle ranks, but the game play is still the same. Faction rewards is the way to go if we're giving them out imo.. something that the faction can be proud of.

And there's a thread about end game up already...

Last edited by Sabot; 2012-06-12 at 04:10 PM.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phellix
Sergeant

I don't think we'll be seeing total domination in a very, very long time..
Old 2012-06-12, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Every hex in the world for 72 hours? You mean 72 hours of camping the 6 bases of your enemies across the 3 worlds. That sounds boring as hell.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
Every hex in the world for 72 hours? You mean 72 hours of camping the 6 bases of your enemies across the 3 worlds. That sounds boring as hell.
and impossible .
Old 2012-06-12, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Pretty sure this has been dicussed before
Pretty sure SOE isn't looking for an endgame, evar.

They're handholding us. We're toddlers, remember?

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-06-12, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
and impossible .
Maybe. I can see moral really getting low and people deciding to just wait for the end-game conditions to be met or play different servers. This would reduce pops by quite a bit while it remains a turkey shoot for the winning faction.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I dont think we are going to get any free items with this f2p setup.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Gogita
Master Sergeant

I find the whole notion of endgame in Planetside complete BS. Does any other FPS have any kind of endgame? No!

Planetside shouldn't be compared to so-called "traditional" MMO's (assuming that this even exists), because MMO just claims something about the number of players and nothing about the type of game. Planetside should be compared to other FPS's and not RPG's such as WoW where endgame is a must.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I think soft locking a continent should register as an Empire Victory Point. It can be used for an empire leaderboard that includes other servers. A way to measure the capability of a faction on a particular server. For example:

Empire Victory Board

69 - NC Markov
07 - NC Emerald
06 - TR Markov
05 - TR Emerald
04 - VS Markov
02 - VS Emerald
01 - NC, TR, VS Werner

Old 2012-06-12, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Shiftfaced
Private

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
OTHER THAN the big issue of people xp/resource whoring and faction-jumping which may or may not already be a problem, I love it.
I'm slightly afraid of faction jumping myself. However I must say, I know we represent a small amount of the people who will play but I am very surprised at how even the faction loyalty polls are. Hopefully it will be similar in the final product. I feel if I'm getting my ass kicked then I gotta do something to change it, not bitch and moan about the other faction needing a weapon or vehicle nerf. I see this game having a counter to everything. We just got to find it
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-12, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

This isnt a mmorpg. End-game in PS and PS2 is the same as early game and mid game and late game. Its one reason why PS is awesome, its one game, not a week long intro and then you start playing the real game of loot acquisition.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their hate tells.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Pepsi
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I think soft locking a continent should register as an Empire Victory Point. It can be used for an empire leaderboard that includes other servers. A way to measure the capability of a faction on a particular server. For example:

Empire Victory Board

69 - NC Markov
07 - NC Emerald
06 - TR Markov
05 - TR Emerald
04 - VS Markov
02 - VS Emerald
01 - NC, TR, VS Werner

Be careful, people could use this to pick the perfect server for their empire. Nobody wants to join a server where they know their empire has a history of losing, and at the same time the winning empire on that same server is completely full with players. So the losing team will always have less/worse players and the winners keep on winning.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion