Worried that HA won't have any place. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Official sponser of the 2003 e-Penis competition
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-06, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kezz
Sergeant

Worried that HA won't have any place.

Perhaps we've just not been told enough about their Kewl Things. Perhaps the "release" TTK will be long enough that their extra shield/armour/HP and their higher damage weapons will make them sufficiently durable (relative to opposing LA) that they'll have an advantage in intense firefights.

At the moment, though, it looks a bit like there's nothing these guys can do that's enough better than an LA to make it worth forgoing the mobility of the jump-troops. With everyone being able to switch to MAX from the get-go, heavy corridor fighting or AV work on the ground might be better done in power armour than Rexo.

What's the USP of certing into HA trees? Will a dedicated HA be able to get nearly as tough as a low-Cert MAX? Will that make any difference, with the TTK being so short?
Old 2012-07-06, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Synapse
First Sergeant

Re: Worried that HA won't have any place.

I'm really not interested in talking about this unless you can bring some numbers/screenshots or beta comes out.

This one is clearly a "wait for beta" question.
Old 2012-07-06, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kezz View Post
Perhaps we've just not been told enough about their Kewl Things. Perhaps the "release" TTK will be long enough that their extra shield/armour/HP and their higher damage weapons will make them sufficiently durable (relative to opposing LA) that they'll have an advantage in intense firefights.

At the moment, though, it looks a bit like there's nothing these guys can do that's enough better than an LA to make it worth forgoing the mobility of the jump-troops. With everyone being able to switch to MAX from the get-go, heavy corridor fighting or AV work on the ground might be better done in power armour than Rexo.

What's the USP of certing into HA trees? Will a dedicated HA be able to get nearly as tough as a low-Cert MAX? Will that make any difference, with the TTK being so short?
I would say your unduly worried, wait for beta !
Old 2012-07-06, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Agree, lets wait and See.
Old 2012-07-06, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

What are you worried about? If it has no place we can just delete it and give the weapons to other classes. It isn't like the classes are set in stone.
Old 2012-07-06, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

TTK will be adjusted during beta its a given almost every game is like this during the beta they start out with something that sounds decent but when you add lots of real players to the mix it ends up getting adjusted some times up some times down or up and down but aginst different weapons
Old 2012-07-06, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Kezz View Post
At the moment, though, it looks a bit like there's nothing these guys can do that's enough better than an LA to make it worth forgoing the mobility of the jump-troops.
At the moment you haven't seen the MCG/Lasher/Jackhammer(?). So you should probably just calm down.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
mirwalk
Sergeant

So far the HA has a shield which will allow easier storming of a position. As far as we know no other class will get the HA ES weapons, (jackhammer, lasher, chaingun). The have also spoken about the possibilities of MAX units costing resources and/or have a timer. If either is true then you will see a lot more HA as stand ins.
Not to mention that the HA has some of the only AV/AA in the game.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

Well concidering the HA is probably going to be the most flexible class, it's place will be everywhere.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Nash
Private

These overly speculating topics are getting quite old :\
Wait for beta...
Old 2012-07-06, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xyntech
Brigadier General

HA seems a little bland to me at the moment, but LA doesn't seem to have that much more diversity to it and I'm very much looking forward to playing LA. I think we'll just have to see if HA is an interesting and useful enough class in live gameplay before this is a very valid topic.

What would be a valid topic is to come up with some good ways to further increase the options for HA while staying true to its style as a class.

All classes should be interesting and useful, so if there's a problem with HA or any other class being a dud in beta, we and the devs will have to sort that shit out. For now, it's personal shield and selection of weapons and other capabilities seems to me like it will be a valuable enough class, even if I don't plan to use it too much myself.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Furber
First Sergeant

As far as I know, HA has access to Anti-Vehicle weapons, and LA doesn't. That's pretty important right there.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Russ
Corporal

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
As far as I know, HA has access to Anti-Vehicle weapons, and LA doesn't. That's pretty important right there.
Definitely. They are pretty much the ultimate shock trooper. Drop in a few squads of these guys and they can pretty much hold their own agaisnt any threat. Of course they arent as niche heavy like the other classes. Wouldnt want to be LA in an enclosed area or a MAX is an open field. So they are kind of the middle ground between pure fire power and maneuverability.

I plan as playing as one because they feel like the best multi-role class to choose.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

HA is perfect for me I can carry an assault rifle or LMG while having an AT or AA type launcher with me.. What else do i need really?

My main class.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Heavier main weapon + HA or AV class-only weapon + class-only shield + HA-specific explosives. HA has its place, believe me.

When infantry are rushing Point A to B without vehicle support, HA are going to be quite essential. When holding a key point, the shields will give extra durability.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion