Uncapturable Foothold / Sactuary Hexes - Pro's and Cons - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with 50% more nuts
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-16, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Uncapturable Foothold / Sactuary Hexes - Pro's and Cons

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Hmm, not sure what to make of this. I don't know how anyone else who tried this had things turn out, but I ran the simulator for 350 ticks - bearing in mind it is simplistic - but DOESN'T have any uncapturable footholds. And I got the results in the attached.

Maybe it didn't run long enough, but my expectation was that empires would move around the continent - they haven't here. They are still broadly where they started....

Interesting....
The simulator is balanced. The game will not be, not ever. Different pops at different times, the changing tides of battle, the fact that deeper hexes will regularly be captured. The fact that in game there wouldn't be any limit to number of hexes that could flip per turn etc.

Personally think that simulator would work better if you applied some Risk dice rolls to it and gave every faction 666 troops to place on Hexes. I believe with that level of entropy you'd see some significant battle flow, but it wouldn't stay unbalanced for long.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-19, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

This is why I want a seamless world with naval warfare/transport. Then you'd have two main ways to travel between continents, warpgates and physically crossing the water.

Of course warping would be quicker. But now warpgates can be made capturable. And if there's an enemy continent you don't have warpgate access to, then your other option is a naval assault. Then you can capture a warpgate, establish a foothold, and have your speedier supply route with a direct connection to your Sanctuary, because those will be in, too.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by TheBladeRoden View Post
This is why I want a seamless world with naval warfare/transport. Then you'd have two main ways to travel between continents, warpgates and physically crossing the water.

Of course warping would be quicker. But now warpgates can be made capturable. And if there's an enemy continent you don't have warpgate access to, then your other option is a naval assault. Then you can capture a warpgate, establish a foothold, and have your speedier supply route with a direct connection to your Sanctuary, because those will be in, too.
Wow, that would be very awesome indeed. I know they've said they wanted to do Naval battles somewhere, but it would be one of those things they put in later down the line.

I like how you imply that this idea is something fairly easy to implement by having these warp gates being uncapturable as more of a placeholder for when they finally get around to adding in naval content.

Good job. Makes me want to start a new thread just for this idea just to get Higby's attention on it and see what he thinks.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-03-19 at 05:46 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion