MAX passenger limitations? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-14, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

MAX passenger limitations?

Apparently, MAX's will be able to ride in vehicles in some form or another and be spawned at Gal's that are specced for it, maybe even commanders with the squad spawn cert.
This being the case, how do you think having a MAX in a vehicle, or being spawned right into a location be handled? What kind of vehicles should they and should they not be allowed into? Any detrimental effects for doing so?

Imo if a MAX is in a vehicle, it should require 2-4 spots that could otherwise be filled with infantry. This in itself prevents someone from fitting a MAX in a buggy or quad with a simple mathematical limitation.
When a MAX spawns in on a commander (Assuming they can) or exits/drops from a vehicle, it should take a moment to power up before it can act. This would mean you simply couldn't drop a MAX in the midst of a battle (barring some certs) or jump out of a sunderer and start shooting immediately.

Forgive me if this has already been answered or explained in depth, or if MAX's likely aren't going to be so signifigant on the field as to need these kinds of limitations.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: MAX passenger limitations?

Pretty sure MAXs are being treated as a heavy infantry rather than a hybrid between infantry/vehicles this time around.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Coreldan
Colonel

I also think MAX should take 2 seats (3 or 4 sounds too many), or optionally have like 2 designated MAX seats per gal/sundy.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-03-14, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Alduron
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post
Apparently, MAX's will be able to ride in vehicles in some form or another and be spawned at Gal's that are specced for it, maybe even commanders with the squad spawn cert.
This being the case, how do you think having a MAX in a vehicle, or being spawned right into a location be handled? What kind of vehicles should they and should they not be allowed into? Any detrimental effects for doing so?

Imo if a MAX is in a vehicle, it should require 2-4 spots that could otherwise be filled with infantry. This in itself prevents someone from fitting a MAX in a buggy or quad with a simple mathematical limitation.
When a MAX spawns in on a commander (Assuming they can) or exits/drops from a vehicle, it should take a moment to power up before it can act. This would mean you simply couldn't drop a MAX in the midst of a battle (barring some certs) or jump out of a sunderer and start shooting immediately.

Forgive me if this has already been answered or explained in depth, or if MAX's likely aren't going to be so signifigant on the field as to need these kinds of limitations.
Judging purely by the single picture of the Vanu MAX, I get the feeling that MAX units will be less "Walking Tank" and more "Heavily Armored Soldier". If that is indeed the case, then I'm not really concerned about where they can sit. If it is still a walking tank, we will need to look for some balance measures in Beta.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

I liked the designated MAX seats in the original Planetside.
Definitely keep it that way.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-03-14, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Figment
Lieutenant General

Their current setup is no limitations on MAX units.

We've not seen how powerful they are and since they spawn like any other 'class', they shouldn't be as strong. They couldn't be. Could they? :x
Old 2012-03-14, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Their current setup is no limitations on MAX units.

We've not seen how powerful they are and since they spawn like any other 'class', they shouldn't be as strong. They couldn't be. Could they? :x
I imagine once they start the marketing push using MAX's as hype, we will see...though I imagine things might be a little "Dramatized" to make the MAX look impressive, possibly more than it may be in game :P

It's hard for me to imagine a max as anything but a whirling engine of infantry destruction <_> so I wonder how this new take on them as "Heavily armored infantry" will turn out.

Dedicated MAX seats...forgot about those. Probably the best way to do it.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
XPquant
Sergeant

A vanilla transport being able to carry all maxxs does seem a little OP. At least make it a cert that requires some kind of effort to spam maxx drops. I am down for transports being fully loaded with maxxs I just think that's something you should have to work towards. Maybe a sidegrade that sacrifices speed/maneuverability to increase maxx seats.
Old 2012-03-14, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Conq
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I also think MAX should take 2 seats (3 or 4 sounds too many)
I read this wrong at first glance and thought you were suggesting that a MAX hold two people. Then all I could think about was two midgets standing on top of each other in a MAX... and then four. One to control each leg and each arm.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-14, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Does anyone know if MAX can gun for tanks or Liberators?
Old 2012-03-14, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Does anyone know if MAX can gun for tanks or Liberators?
I'd like to duct tape them to the sides and use them AS guns for tanks and libs.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion