my idea of why the NC dont have much of a backing - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma owes me a nickel, I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-21, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Hatte
Corporal

/me thinks hard, counting on all 21 digits, "that means the VS MAX > TR MAX, YAY we win!"
Old 2002-12-21, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Mauser
Private

It will all depend on the situation in which the two MAXs encounter each other. In doors, the NC MAX would probably be equal to the TR MAX, but they would both be greater than the VS MAX. For attacking a base, the VS MAX would have the advantage because it can jump over walls, and start causing some shit inside where as the NC and TR MAXs would have to get in the old fashioned way and fight with the people guarding head on.

But this is not a deathmatch so each MAX should have other team mates and so everything will be pretty decently balanced just because of that.
Old 2002-12-21, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hatte
Corporal

I agree, the Vs MAX is definatly not going to last at medium distances outdoors to either other MAX, but if u can get right next to the enemies, your mobility will give you a huge advantage as you jump over them and cut them down from behind.
Old 2002-12-22, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
darkfireknight2
Private

My opinion is its a range thing. The VS are that guy standing on a hill picking-off (or trying to pick-off) the other soliders. The TR are the mid range spray and pray guys (collateral damage anyone?). And the NC are more of less useless at a distance but if you get any where near them you are just another smokeing hole in the landscape.
All those !$@%# tribes sipers (or other snipers) will be VS. Newbies and your average everyday FPS player will be TR (newbies love spray and pray) and finnally do you remember that lone guy with the 12-gadge in Counter-Strike? they are the few, the proud the New Conglomerate.

Take away the rifle and a sniper is just a guy cowering behind a rock.

Screw System requirements I'm running Ps on a 8mgb video card with a 28k connection. And incase you are wondering i am the asshole stuck in the respawn tube, so?

Old 2002-12-22, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
The best offense is a good defense . That was a quality post Shiv. Thanks, also I think that alot of the guys who want to infil. are forgetting that the stealth suit can only hold a pistol and knife, which the NC has the best of. That's what I would want, however, it seems like alot of the guys planning on subterfuge with the stealth suit are going Vanu, I wonder why?
gday, im definitely goin NC and im going to be a stealth/infiltrator, the MAG-Scatter is by far the best pistol for the job, one of those babies shoved right into some unsuspecting f00l's back will do serious damage, if nessercary finish him/her off with a knife, i imagine that would take out most lighter armour at extremely close range.
Old 2002-12-22, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

NC won't be lacking at range... theres still the common pool weapons and you guys seem to have conveniently forgotten the GAUSS rifle of the NC...

And as for the MAX arguments... theres to manny factors, the MAX whit the anti armor weaponry will most likely kill the max whit AA or anti infantry..

as for the VS MAX, whit it's added mobility and agility whose to say it won't be able to go toe on toe whit another max in a open field? Sure, it will most likely loose by standing still and slugging it out but if you do that in a VS MAX....... figure it out hehe
Old 2002-12-22, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Dragoon412
Corporal

The problem with the VS max is that it's excredibly unlikely that it'll actually be agil enough to give people much of a problem hitting it. I can see teams of VS MAXes being very effective as shock troopers or flanking a base after the heavier units spearhead an assault on it, but 1-on-1, I can only see them being lunch to the other MAXes; especially the NC MAX.
Old 2002-12-22, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, from the gamespot vids the VS max certainly don't seem to be cucembersome hehe...

the real question for me tho is how much armor has the VS MAX sacrificed for the jumpjets
Old 2002-12-22, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Also the VS Max has weapons that are all good at a range, just pop the other Max's at a distance, from like up on a cliff where their lesser Max's cant get you. Only thing that scares me is that TR rocket luancher against all MAX's. It tracks and well even the fast VS MAX will proably have a hell of a time evading a few of those.
Old 2002-12-22, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Ok heres what I think. Some one made a comment about the digging in ability of the TR max. Listen up if i see a target taht is armoured and can not move im gonna lock onto him with my missles and blow him away. If he gets hit and stars to get up im gonna run up during that three seconds and blow his head off with my shotgun. Not much he can do. All i need is a little cover and ill missle him. As for the Vanu maxs i would use this strat... If they jump im slaming a missle up his tail pipe ass he falls so cannon advoid the missle. Next If he gets medium distance its shotgun all the way. Also in terms of armour the TR is the most armoured NC is med and Vanu have the least. This means that the NC is capable of taking both MAXs on but if a Vanu tried to take a TR Max i cant say. Vanus long range weps would hit but scratch the guys armour. The TR weps would miss alot because of the range at which the Vanu attacks.
Old 2002-12-22, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
�io
Lieutenant General

Ok first off :

All those !$@%# tribes sipers (or other snipers) will be VS. Newbies and your average everyday FPS player will be TR (newbies love spray and pray) and finnally do you remember that lone guy with the 12-gadge in Counter-Strike? they are the few, the proud the New Conglomerate.
Spoken like a real mature and serious player. Let me guess, you're NC right?

As for the topic now. Trust me a good VS MAX pilot will be able to stand toe to toe with any MAX, especially the TR since as soon as he locks down the VS just as to jump up and over him and BAM.
Just like 90% of the other things in this game every empire has it's pluses and minuses, they will be prety well balanced.
Old 2002-12-22, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Dududam, don't forget that the MAX's has 3 different loadouts... Anti infantry, anti armor and anti air... dududam...

Anti armor MAX > anti air and anti infantry MAX =)
Old 2002-12-22, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
�io
Lieutenant General

It's actually Anti-infantry, Anti-aircraft and Anti-vehicular.
Old 2002-12-22, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

a max suit is not a vehicle but the anti vehicle weps will still lock onto it.. now since both vehicles and maxes are armored i call it anti armor... more correct imo hehe
Old 2002-12-22, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
�io
Lieutenant General

Not really because everything is armored so anti-armor would suggest it is a weapon designed to attack vehicles, MAXs, infantry and aircraft since they all have armor.

And the MAX is pretty much a vehicle, it's an armor suit but it's more or less a walking tank.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion