New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Corrupting children all over the world......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you like a single person mech in the game? (Please read the thread before posti
I don't like single person bipedal mechs and don't want them in the game 153 75.37%
I want single person mechs, but don't like this implementation. (Explain below) 11 5.42%
I support this implementation 28 13.79%
Other Reason (Explain below) 11 5.42%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-21, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

I guess it's hard to explain that this would be similar to a ground based reaver. The reaver is a single person vehicle (and will be in the new Planetside 2) that has machine guns on it's primary weapon slot and rockets on its secondary. It will feature a huge upgrade skill-tree that I imagine many reaver pilots will enjoy.

The intention was to make a ground based version of it. When people suggest stuff like "nah make it uber powerful 3 man tank" that's not the idea at all. I want a simple mech that's fully balanced into the game. A reaver that catches one in the open would basically be at an even footing with a slight advantage probably. (Unless the mech is set up with like AA secondary rockets then it might stand a chance).

Also as Vancha pointed out if you don't like mechs it would be appreciated if you explain why. Saying stuff like "oh you mean a BFR" kind of shows you missed the idea of the thread or you're a reaver user that likes being the only thing that can zip around the map and kill both vehicles and infantry.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion