Flamable beginners FAQs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: (LD)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-27, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkMantiZ
Private

Flamable beginners FAQs

Hmm, not sure about the topics title, but here goes:

A while ago (think a few months) I read an article in a Swedish PC-games-review-magazine (long word >_<) about a new, upcoming game called Planetside. My thoughts went from "wow" to "HOLY CRA...[insert free 1337 speak word here]" and my mind went to creating scenarios not ever before seen.

Then it all went quiet for a while, but then through some friends, I stumbled upon the homepage of this game. I started reading around and came to the vehicles section.. then, I saw the most beautiful thing as of yet.

The Galaxy.

Now, I am a beginner when it comes to planetside and related topics and as such, would like to have some basic information I have not located on the HP or the forums(yes, used search).

Q1: When it comes to vehicles, how do I get my hands on the Galaxy ship? (know a little about certs, but if someone would be so kind as to take the time to explain as much as possibly, I would be oh-so-gratefull).

Q2: If I am flying/running etc and have a few good weapons, some certs etc and get shot down (my galaxy O.O) or just shot, what happens? All my weapons disappear, that I understand, but my exp points, my galaxy, how do I regain them?

Q3: I am very much into flying and supporting gaming, in Tribes 2 I am the repair-guy-that-flies-bombers-and-assault-tanks-and-generally-helps-anyone-needing-my-help-guy. My role in PS is most likley already decided: Piloting the Galaxy using nerdy commetns such as "rgr that, prepare to land" etc and repairing/aiding my army whereever possible. Will armies have the outfits(clans) ordered so that there are one group of guys known for their good flying, one for assaulting etc? In that case, put me in the Galaxy flying crew .

Last, but not least, this game will probably be one of the best I've played so far if all the promises keeps up to this standard IRT and thank you to anybody even taking the time to read through, answering and not flaming me in my aura of ignorence and uncunning.

Teach the n00b!

I am a supportive player.
I adore the Galaxy.
I am a medic.
I am a pilot.

Damn I pwn ^^
Old 2003-02-27, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Q1- To qualify for a Galaxy Ship you will need a minimum of 3 training Certs, you get these by fighting or accomplishing tasks. Now that you are Qualified to pilot a Galaxy you will want to go get one!
All you need to do is find a drop ship center, there�s 1 on each continent. these will probably be the most contested Bases in the game as this in the only place on a continent where you can "Buy" a Galaxy (Buy as in go up to the Galaxy-o-matic Vendor and push the button, there�s no money, everything is Free Yay!)

Q2 - When you Die all your inventory goes into a coffin that other people can loot and steal your Stuff! *gasp*. But don�t worry, remember everything is Free, so you just need to pick up a new weapon and a Galaxy from your base as you leave. Simple
As for your Exp it doesn�t change, there is no penalty for dying or getting shot down.

Q3 - Hmm if I was in charge on a Clan that�s how I would do it, pre set squads of Tank drivers/pilots/infantry. I the Clan organization system in PlanetSide is meant to be top notch so I�m sure there would be a way of setting things like this up

Edit: just rememberd there is a search system, you can look up Pilots/medics/ect and ask them to join your Squad (group,hunting party, etc) and as time goes on people will become well known for their talents

Hope this Helps

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"

Last edited by TimberWolf2K; 2003-02-27 at 05:09 AM.
Old 2003-02-27, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ludio
First Sergeant

Q1: Well we don't know for sure what the cost is, depends on the pre reqs. The cert itself will probably cost 3, but you may need to get something else first. What TimberWolf2K said was wrong on the second part, you can get Galaxies on your sanctuary continent, or if you want to get one on a different continent then your empire has to have control of the drop ship center.

Q2: Weapons are obtained at an equipment station after you respawn, or at a locker. This is important because not all respawn places have an equipment station (tower). Everything in your inventory when you die goes into a coffin which appears as soon as you choose to respawn. Exp cannot be taken away by dying. The galaxy is also free, see Q1.

Q3: Depends on the outfit.
Old 2003-02-27, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Right here goes, I'm gonna try to be brief:

http://planetside.station.sony.com/faq.jsp - contains the official FAQ where many frequently asked questions are answered

Here are some links, which can be found on the Planetside Univserse Home Page

http://www.planetside-universe.com/a...hp?articleId=4
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...p=sdWeaponInfo
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...?p=sdEquipment
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...=sdVehicleInfo
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...p?p=sdCertInfo
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...?p=sdArmorInfo
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...p?p=sdRankInfo
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...=sdImplantInfo
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c....php?p=sdGrief

Heres that link to the all important FAQ:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/c...hp?p=sdFAQInfo

A while ago (think a few months) I read an article in a Swedish PC-games-review-magazine (long word >_< ) about a new, upcoming game called Planetside. My thoughts went from "wow" to "HOLY CRA...[insert free 1337 speak word here]" and my mind went to creating scenarios not ever before seen.

Then it all went quiet for a while, but then through some friends, I stumbled upon the homepage of this game. I started reading around and came to the vehicles section.. then, I saw the most beautiful thing as of yet.
Heres my question, when you first saw the review and thought holy crap, why did you not put "Planetside" into a search engine. On google, the Planetside Universe is like the 2nd or 3rd from the top so its not hard to find...

As to your questions I think the guys above answered them pretty well.

Last edited by mikkyT; 2003-02-27 at 05:44 AM.
Old 2003-02-27, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Aircraft have no Pre-Requests
Someone stated that all certs will cost between 1 - 3 points
Galaxies are powerful tools therefor 3 cert ports for a Galaxy

Old 2003-02-27, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Originally posted by mikkyT
why did you not put "Planetside" into a search engine. On google, the Planetside Universe is like the 2nd or 3rd from the top so its not hard to find...
Be nice.
Forums are 100X better at finding out about things than a search engine. I don�t understand why ANYONE who asks a quest that can be answered by the FAQ gets a flaming. WTF is wrong with asking a question? this is a forum, that�s why happens here. If you�re too stuck up your own backside to answer them in a polite fashion then don�t bother telling them to
"READ THE F*ing FAQ N00B, OMG your SUCH A N00B, what a Dumb question!"

Yeah FAQs are full of good info be some people like the personal touch or just cant see the answer to their question in the FAQ list.
(Not directed at anyone in particular. I just cant stand the way people treat people who ask simple question, And don�t gimmi that lame ass "We're sick of reading the same questions over and over" THEN DONT!")

/me Breaths heavily

arg, I cant even remember why I started writing this now, Mikkyt's post wasnt offencive to newbies at all...*mutter*
See what you people are doing to me with your newbie hating attitudes! *shakes his fists wildly*

1) Be nice to newbies
2) Be nice to people who ask Questions
3) They are always watching you.... Always watching....

Last edited by TimberWolf2K; 2003-02-27 at 06:00 AM.
Old 2003-02-27, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Meshuggah
Corporal

Originally posted by TimberWolf2K
3) They are always watching you.... Always watching....
... Actually we take a break on weekends
Old 2003-02-27, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Hehe,
Just after posting that... I found this:

Spooky Huh?

The Forum gods are trying to Communicate with me somehow..

Oh Forum gods! Give a sign that I should carry forth and continue my cause! What be your Names?

*shreaking voice* I bow before you Oh deities of the html, do not punish me for doubting you!

*Runs screaming into the night*

Last edited by TimberWolf2K; 2003-02-27 at 07:09 AM.
Old 2003-02-27, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DarkMantiZ
Private

I apologize for my ignorance, but I've read all the facts at the homepage (as I stated before your question, maybe you should read more thouroghly as well?) and did not find the answers to my question such as what happens when you are dead etc, it just says: "more info to come" =/.

When it comes to why I did not look PS up, was a very simple thing indeed - the lack of an internet connection. I now have a 10mbit broadband but before I didn't even have an ordinary v90 modem and as such, could not look for the PS homepage. Hope that answers your question.

Now, another "n00b/beginner" question that has also not been found by me after searching and reading official facts: Can you go to a "locker" and put items, weapons etc in there for safe usage later, i.e before a mission, can I go and place all my valuable items and weapons looted and/or bought in a neutral zone where nobody but me can get to them, then perhaps die during mission, go back to this locker and regain my things? This was something I read you could actually do in that gamereview.

PLZ correct me should I be wrong and if I have bothered you in some way I am sorry, it is just that when reading a FAQ and/or homepage, you often read outdated information. Forums always has the latest and best info, brought to you by nice and well-informed people. I thought I could do this, was I wrong?

Thank you in advance.

I am a supportive player.
I adore the Galaxy.
I am a medic.
I am a pilot.

Damn I pwn ^^
Old 2003-02-27, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I was trying to be nice honest!!! :E im still a n00b around here lol

He found the planetside universe site so give him his credit, but what gets me is how people say "wow I never knew this place existed".

What Im saying is that its really hard to type www.your-fave-search-engine-here.com and type planetside - we r at the top almost :E
Old 2003-02-27, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Lockers - yes you can put stuff there out of your inventory. I dont know if it is enemy equipment that it will stay or will it dissapear (eg if you steal a vehcile and decosntruct it or loot a corpse).

If you know how the bank system works in EQ it will be kinda like that.

Global locker - you have a locker thats unique to your character and whereever there are locker accessing facilities you will always access the same locker.

I understand about the no net connection same has happened to me, I only got back on the net beginning of Feburary after a break since last June. First thing I did was look up Planetside
Old 2003-02-27, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Each base / watch tower has a locker (or a set of lockers) but when YOU go to this locker it opens your "Universal Inventory" this is the same where ever you open it, so if you kill some Vanu scum and steal all their cool weapons and put them in your locker. You can then go back to your main base later and give them to your friends. only you can gain access to this locker, so anything you put in is safe.

When you die you get to chose where you wish to respawn, EVERYWHERE where you can respawn has a place to get new weapons / armor.

Old 2003-02-27, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Only problem is getting hold of the ammo for those cool vanoooo weapons
Old 2003-02-27, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

Its just a novelty Item.

TimberWolf2K > VanuScum_01
"looky what we got here"
You have looted a Lancer
*You hit VanuScum_02 for 25 damage!*
*Fiizzzzzoowww Fiizzzzzowwww*
"Muhahaha Burns dont it!!!"
TimberWolf2K > VanuScum_02

Lets see them talk down to us with their Tech-no-ology when we turn it against them!

*Runs around Making lazer noises*

Old 2003-02-27, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Metallik
Private

that reminds me of the Halo weapons for some reason..the burning up part....lmao

Anyway, I'm gonna go all vechs...than when i nail the big ones my outfit needs i'll start goin for agile armor...standard weaps are good for me..hehe I am just excited about looting vehicles with my friend (l337 h4x0r friend that is)....hehe maybe i can get myself one o' those big conglomerate hillbilly tanks that have the gun bigger than god.....hehe

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion