Cloakers and jacking - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [Insert Witty Comment Here]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-07, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Cloakers and jacking

Originally Posted by Kechiro View Post
Keep in mind that there will be no inventory customization in PS2. Classes are apparently already predetermined and players no longer to get to choose what weapons/support items they can take with them and instead must settle for what the class comes with.
That's not quite true. Here are a couple of quotes from Higby's Reddit thread:

Matt Higby said:
Inventory won't exist in the same way as it did in PS1. There will still be loadouts, but you won't have to manage inventory space to trade-off ammo for medkits, etc...

...I answered this somewhere else, there will be the ability to customize loadouts, but it won't be an open freeform inventory...

...What you're describing is basically what we're doing. You can switch classes, loadouts, etc situationally. Either when you respawn or at equipment terminals...I agree the ps1 had a great system, we're definitely keeping the spirit of that system in ps2. What you won't have is a dude that looks like a medic rolling around with a rocket launcher, or a light assault dude with a jump jet who also can use a chaingun. We're offering a lot of cool, divergent gameplay styles that in a completely freeform style system would be way, way too easy to stack and exploit.

Originally Posted by Kechiro View Post
Good or bad, we'll see come beta I guess. I think they should give us an inventory so that we can still customize what we take into battle with us, but limit it to things that only that class could take. For example a sniper would get his sniper rifle and no other guns or maybe just a pistol weapon.

However the way they have it planned has me a little worried, but not too badly just yet.

I think that is what they are planning. It sounds to me like we'll be able to customize what we will be carrying and I'm hoping we'll be able to customize how many medkits, ammo packs, nades, etc we want so long as the particular Class you're using at the time is allowed to equip it. You just won't have to play Tetris to get it all to fit into your backpack.

I'm hoping it'll be something along these lines: for the Class and armour type you've currently selected, you're given a drop-down list of "allowed" weapons to choose from. You select the rifle-sized weapons, then the pistol sized ones, add any attachments you've unlocked as desired, then you have "X" number of equipment slots that you'll use to fill with ammo/medkits/support tools. And some equipment (like AV ammo boxes) might take up more than one slot.

In any case I really wish Higby would explain PS2's loadout/inventory system a little more, since not having one that is completely freeform has me worried, too.
Old 2011-08-07, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
legendary
Private

Re: Cloakers and jacking

Great idea about the map entry points for cloakers, would force anti cloaker patrols or maybe combat engineers could lay traps at the entry/ exit points.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion