I have a few questions and suggestions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate $1 to PSU to buy Squeeky a new video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-23, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
rottweiller
Private

I have a few questions and suggestions

Hi everyone this is my first post ever on a PS forum. Really im doing this because I have a few questions about the game.

I have noticed recently that many of my outfit members & friends stop playing PS once their favorite trooper reaches BR20 and CR5. Most of em stick around for about a week after maxing out their trooper to use their big OS a few times and then quit playing because their is no other incenctives in playing (BEP & CEP). I was wondering first of all if any of you know anyone whom has done the same thing? I was also wondering why PS does not do anything about this. The game is over a year old and really you can max out your character in about 2 months with a decent effort.

I understand that PS would just not be much of a fun game if you could make it up to BR40 and have every single cert that there is, but I have a few suggestions.

1. Perhaps raise the BR to 25, but make it take a lot of BEP to advance those ranks. When I say a lot of BEP I mean about 4x the amount needed to go from BR19 to 20. I realize it might take a month to advance just that one rank, but its still some incentive to continue playing PS when you get a few extra certs.

2. Similar to the previous suggestion, many of my outfit members agree highly with this one. BR 30 is max. At BR 21 you get a skill advancement of 10%. That means you can pick your weapon damage, hack speed, med speed, eng speed, health, run speed, targeting, or several others but you get the idea and that skill at which you select raises by 10%, therefore making your soldier just a bit more lethal and skilled. At BR 22 you get a new cert. At BR 23 you get another 10% skill advancement/enhancement. At BR 24 you get another cert. Here is when it changes up at BR 25 you get another IMPLANT of your choice, making your trooper more deadly. BR 26-29 is the same as 21-24 and at BR 30 you get one more implant to cap out your trooper. I know this sounds like a lot more battle ranks, but in the long run you get a total of 4x 10% skilll advancements, 4 new certs, and 2 new implants. Keep in mind that these ranks would take a lot of BEP to advance and could take up to a year to reach the top dog of BR 30.

I also believe that you should be able to increase your CEP. Yeah,yeah, I know that we already have too many CR5's and the only good ones are the ones that dont talk and do stupid globals. No I'm not a CR5 yet, but I can't stand most of them. I play on Emerald and I have a VS player. My outfit of 20 has 5 CR5s and rarely if ever do they do globals unless completely necessary. I have been to my friends house and played PS and noticed how ridiculous the CR5 chat is. They sound like a bunch of little girls on their lunch break. I hope that the other Servers are not like that or the NC &TR on my server, but I hate the VS CR5s that act in that behavior. Not to point any fingers, but Bugmiller is the queen of that crap as well as useless globals. Sorry to ramble on but here is my suggestions for CEP.

1. Allow up to a CR8. I know that sounds high, but hear me out please. Make it very hard to advance those ranks just like my BR suggestions above. At CR6 your OS just increases respawn time by 1 hour, at CR7 it increases by 30 minutes. At CR8 it gets bigger and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
2. Keep it similar to suggestion 1 above, but also allow the SLs at CR 6 to form bigger platoons (instead of showing all the Platoon members on the top of the screen, perhaps allow 10 squads and only show SLs at top of screen). And allow CR5s and higher to see each others wps if desired.

I hope some of you like these suggestions, and im sure some of you will not. I would just like to figure out a way to get these to the design team of PS.

BTW when do BFRs come out and how in the world do you get them? I know it has something to do w/ the caves and they take multiple peeps to handle from what I understand so they are sort of like mini voltrons.
Old 2004-09-23, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well a BR/CR revamp has been the subject of many threads. Even I had one back in the day.

The key to not getting bored with PS is...not there tbh. Too many things in PS make no sense for the game to be addictive for long after 20/5.

I do find though that if you find a solid group to be a part of you can easily stay without being bored too much.

Also juggle certs and try new things.

Old 2004-09-23, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Aye juggle certs...start a new character. find a new oufit. go to another server. go to another empire. try to gain br a different way (one guy made it to BR20 w/ 0 kills...i think he used to post here.) Play support. Play cloaker. Play Sniper. Play all three. Get ALL the support certs (Adv Med, Adv Hack, CE). Make an all vehicle chara. Make a supper grunt.

THe possibilities are truley endless.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-09-24, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DropShipEdward
Contributor
Corporal

and dont forget to have fun when you play!
Old 2004-09-24, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

post br20 stuff is in the works as well
Old 2004-09-24, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Merit Commendations are coming. That'll give us all a lot of extra stuff to do.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion