BFRs - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: take me to your leader..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-18, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I believe this is not real. If it is, then it is a hyperbole.

CGW and PCGamer are both known for putting full page parodies in their magazines from time to time. Most of them are really lame and usually target an esoteric game(and at 50,000 subs, PS is considered esoteric). The rest of the PC Gaming world has either never heard of PS, or totally dismissed it once they heard "subscription fee" or "$13/month."

I don't doubt mech units will be coming soon; I just don't think they will be like they are in the magazine.

I expect them to be only about 6 meters tall, which is enough to look over a base wall and give a healthy dose of death from that position to the courtyard.

But this article is still good news. For good or bad, it gives PlanetSide more exposure to people outside of word of mouth and fileplanet ads.
Old 2004-07-18, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Trencher
Private

It could be a hoax put on by the magazine but if so I don't get why they would target an, as you call it, esoteric game. Who is going to get the joke? What purpose does it serve? Most readers obviously don't play Planetside so to put out such an easy to swallow hoax with no hints of falsehood would have most readers just believing it outright... that enters more into "lie" territory than joke territory and I wouldn't think SOE would be happy about it. It would seem far "funnier" to spread a hoax about a big game, like Battlefield or Counterstrike or something. A lot more people would get a clue. Actually, if it is a hoax, it would seem far "funnier" if it was actually funny. :/
Old 2004-07-18, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
kcirreda
Corporal

Not many readers of CGW play PS? I dont think theres a way of knowing that unless U did a poll or sumin. Anyway, I play PS and subscribe to PC gamer and CGW. Sadly Iam not lucky like some people and get the magazine 2 months early.
Old 2004-07-18, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Exano
Staff Sergeant

Well, remember, they CAN make this thing work. If they make it REQUIRED to have all the gunners in there, ect...

But my sniper rifle will RIP.
Old 2004-07-18, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
0verlord
Private

Confirmed

Spork just confirmed it around 0400 hours, he is speaking with PR reps now and we should be hearing total confirmation by tomorrow, news from official forums.
Old 2004-07-18, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Doppler
Contributor
Major

This is fucking bullshit, fix the fucking defensive bases before adding more fucking vehicles.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-07-18, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Astrolox
Private

http://www.astrolox.com/stuff/mechs.jpg
Old 2004-07-18, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
0verlord
Private

Hot off the press, courtesy of the official Planetside forums....

Old 2004-07-18, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Indecisive
Major General

As just said in mirc:

<SporkfirePS> As I said over in the launchpad chat, the BFR's are real. But Smoke and I have to get with PR to decide what to say further.
Old 2004-07-18, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Spork said they were real in IRC.

O F N
Old 2004-07-18, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I just smell poorly executed and far off down the pipe hype all over this, call my a cynic but theres a definite pattern here.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-07-18, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

Ah yes, confirmation of BFRs finally.

It leaves the question: What other sort of goodies do the Devs have planned for Planetside?

Yeknow, I just thought about it, and these BFRs are going to make me feel like I'm a Power Ranger huh.

So happy I bought Core Combat for 10 dollars now, All I have to do now is renew my subscription around August.
Old 2004-07-18, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Indecisive
Major General

one of the reasons spork said they were so hush hush was because of all the physics work they had to do. They are all walkers.

Last edited by Indecisive; 2004-07-18 at 06:40 PM.
Old 2004-07-18, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Oh poo. I was wrong. Oh well. I'm used to it. Har har.

*shoots you all with a sweeper, but you are all standing next to a wall, so it does no damage.*

Edit: This brings an important question. Can you step on people? If so, would it be vehicle mowing 2.0? I would think you will not be able to instantly kill someone by stepping on them, even if it doesn't make sense.

Last edited by WritheNC; 2004-07-18 at 07:05 PM.
Old 2004-07-18, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

I can imagine someone getting stepped on and then the BFR falling over.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion