Official PS Wish List - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ammo not included
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-13, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #196
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

It's nice, but too tough on n00bs. You not only have to worry about infiltrators stabbing you in the back...but also have to worry if you can see them at range with that thing.

BTW: With more certs, we already are more diversified.

Old 2003-07-14, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #197
Coldman
Private

I think they should come out with empire specific light tanks kinda like the Lightning. Kinda like a cross between the Lightning and the empire specific buggies. Here's my descriptions...

NC = Treaded light tank with a firebird rocket launcher and a 12mm cannon.

TR = Treaded light tank with a pounder grenade launcher and a 12mm cannon.

VS = Hover light tank with a flux cannon and a 12mm cannon.

Each would have about the same armor and speed but, they would only be a single seater like the lightning. Maybe they could have 360 degree turrets on them. Cost like 3 cert points.
Old 2003-07-14, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #198
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

Those are too much like a Empire Specific crossed tank/buggy.

They need Empire specific air vehicles.

Old 2003-07-14, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by MercFox1
Adv Targeting and Zoom Increase are a Sniper's best friend.
I used to think range magnification was, but unfortunately it really hardly helps at all. Once you get good at 8x it becomes pointless because all 12x does is make the same targets slightly larger. You don't have the ability to see from further away at all, the game doesn't draw people any further.
Advanced targeting is all but useless for a sniper. If you are close enough for the advanced targeting to work, you're waaaaay too close for a sniper. If they would allow advanced targeting to work as far as you can scope I'd be all over it, as it stands it's not much use.
Old 2003-07-14, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
JackBoCracken
Corporal

I would like a third squad member status bar for vehicle armor display. This would make squadding in vehicles ten times easier.
Old 2003-07-14, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #201
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

I'm usually very close, but people don't see me because of my 1337 hiding tricks.

Old 2003-07-14, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #202
shinken
First Sergeant

Originally posted by MercFox1
Those are too much like a Empire Specific crossed tank/buggy.

They need Empire specific air vehicles.
they need more air vehicles period

"Oh, just your standard issue big gun"
Old 2003-07-14, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #203
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

at the request of others I leave this link to another topic of mine. it's quite a large post so copy/pasting it just seems crass.

click me!
Old 2003-07-15, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

It'd be cool for Combat Engys to be able to make forcefields. They use an ACE to make one, and it's added to the pistol slot, where it is automatically activated. It absorbs about 200 damage, then it's busted, dump it. To prevent abuse, it obviously can only be made by a CE, and has to be distributed, which takes forever, it'd take too long to go ask an Engy for one after you spawned, so it wouldn't be used very much in a zerg fest. But squads would look for combat engineers to equip them with shields and stuff.

By the way, to distribute them, CEs or anyone else just have equip the shield and there's two modes for it. The first is a recharge system, as long as you're holding it, it reinforces at 1 point per second, about 3 minutes for a complete recharge. The second is where you just go up to someone and use it, it sends them a message asking if they'd like to recieve a shield, they say yes, and it's added to one of their pistol slots.

As it stands, CEs are useless, they lay down mines and crap, a 10 minute job, and what happens? An infil gets through them in about a minute, your defenses are worthless. This would make Combat Engys a much more valued class for their ability to reinforce troops so effectively.

Or to prevent abuse they could also only allow CEs to make a new shield every 5-10 seconds.
Old 2003-07-15, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

Outfit Management Pane

Add a member spreadsheet to the outfit management window so you can view their certs. Member's names in the rows, Certs in columns, with a check box to mark if they have a cert. Simple, easy. I put this here because on our outfit website; we have been trying to compile a list of all memerb certs, so we can coordinate better and players know what the outfit is in need of. It is a chore to do, and even more of a chore to keep it up-to-date. Having an in-game spreadsheet would make things a whole lot easier.

Last edited by CrazyCrazy; 2003-07-15 at 02:16 PM.
Old 2003-07-15, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
Hexen
Sergeant

Yknow what might be cool? The ability for CR4 and higher commanders to "upgrade" a base they are defending so that it has a forcefield around it visually similar to the ones around the warp gates. The thing could drain NTUs as it takes damage and could be activated or deactivated at will be the commander. I reckon it'd be mad coz ANTs would have to be brought to bases more often if you got into the situation where one of these shields was necessary.

Though I guess it wouldnt be of much use just putting a huge shield around a base, the enemy could just pelt it with ammo until it drops, the only purpose served would be to buy time for reinforcements to arrive. Humm just an idea.
Old 2003-07-16, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #207
shinken
First Sergeant

that sound like a workable idea but it should be cr4+ hackers or mabye engies that have to do it

"Oh, just your standard issue big gun"
Old 2003-07-16, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Daeda1us
Private

Now that I've read through this WHOLE post, I'll add some of my ideas...

First off, I'd like to second SomeYoungGui's ideas about bunkers. I'd like to see bunkers become a part of walls and inner buildings. Also, bases shouldn't be so square/rectangle shaped. Look at history, most bases were triangle/star shaped because it maximized your firing arcs.

Base turrets certainly need some help. Instead of having an all purpose turret like we currently have, make specific turrets. 40mm Bofors like flak turrets in the inner parts of the base, and a combo 20mm cannon/Rocket turret on the surrounding walls. Also don't make them totally enclosed. Give them say a 270 degree front armor shield. That way they can be flanked and the gunner can be killed without harming the gun itself.

Another thing about bases. Why would anyone allow trees and underbrush grow near their walls? Its a perfect opportunity for some schmoe to sneak into your base and hack it. In real life that wouldn't fly. I say they should chop down trees and plants with in a certain radius of the base to provide new terrain (tree stumps and crators to look like there was a recient battle) and a better line of sight for the defending troops. (Maybe some kind of trench/skirmish line too.)

I would really like to see landing pads for Galaxies or continents that are flatter so Galaxies can find places to land. Maybe I just keep fighting on the same continent, but the all seem to be very hilly and jagged. We need more variety on the landscape. Maybe some lush plains or something flatter.

There should be signs of population or previously populated areas. Maybe there aren't any civilians around because everyone joined the army, but where are the ruins of where they once lived? City ruins! Imagine having to navigate your way through the ruins of a city to access a base that lies in its center.

I'd only really like to see one more aircraft. It'd serve as a light transport. Maybe about the size of a fattened Liberator. One pilot, can carry 6 troops (no MAXs), but either gives the pilot some sort of weaponry, or gives the troops in the back some kind of door guns. The caveat here is that the troops are exposed like they would be if they were flying in a Huey or Blackhawk with their doors opened. Moderately armored, moderately fast, light payload, lightly armed, but with an exposed crew (not pilot).

Ok I'm done. Can I have a cookie now?

Last edited by Daeda1us; 2003-07-16 at 04:52 PM.
Old 2003-07-17, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

A new cert, Dual pistols. Easy to add, fun to use.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-18, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #210
ViperGTS
Banned

What planet side needs is huge mechs. I mean Gundam size things. Just to walk around and step on things. Say you had about 15 tanks set up 4 defence. I think you would want to rethink that if you saw 5 HUGE mechs walkin at you loaded and ready to blow away any thing in there path away. WOW that gives me nightmares. THINK ABOUT IT!!! WOW!!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion