THE Beer Thread - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Must be this tall to enter______
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-07-29, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Logit
Second Lieutenant
 
Logit's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
A fellow masshole!

In Texas now but raised in Massachusetts. Love me some Boston Lager as well. Now that I am in Texas I quite often drink Shiner beer - a Texas institution and some awesome stuff.

Some of my favorite beers are also wheat beers, I love me some wheat beer..

This week when we head out on vacation we are actually going to go on a trek to find some Yuengling in Tennessee. I've heard it's good but it's not available everywhere so I want to give it a try.

The only beers I am not fond of are dark stouts never been a fan really.
The Yeungling flow in PA is endless

Personally I'm a huge fan of Victory beers, which is in Downingtown, PA. I'm sure none of you have heard of it, but if you ever get a chance. It's a delightful micro brew.
Logit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dov
Private
 
Dov's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


I'm in Ireland on business currently -- they have a bottled "Guinness Black Lager" which I've never seen in the states. Not your traditional Guinness at all; tastes like Boston Lager (one of my fav's). Anyone seen this in the U.S.?
__________________
fast.neat.average.olds11.
Dov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Firefly
Contributor
Major General
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by Dov View Post
I'm in Ireland on business currently -- they have a bottled "Guinness Black Lager" which I've never seen in the states. Not your traditional Guinness at all; tastes like Boston Lager (one of my fav's). Anyone seen this in the U.S.?
Yes. They sell it in the Socialist State of Maryland.
__________________
Firefly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Raymac
Brigadier General
 
Raymac's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

__________________
"Before you say anything, prepare to stfu." -Kenny F-ing Powers

Raymac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Krowe
Sergeant
 
Krowe's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Tried something called LandShark yesterday, it was actually pretty good. I like it when my beer doesn't taste like pisswater, but I can drink cheap stuff depending on my mood.
Krowe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
NUBLERT
Private
 
NUBLERT's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by Krowe View Post
Tried something called LandShark yesterday, it was actually pretty good. I like it when my beer doesn't taste like pisswater, but I can drink cheap stuff depending on my mood.
It is pretty decent, little pricey for such a light beer imo though.
NUBLERT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by MattxMosh View Post
This attitude toward alcohol is why shit clogs up stores coolers. If you want to get drunk cheap, inject Caldwells in your veins for $5.


...anyway.

I found a place locally that sells Sink The Bismarck! & Tactile Nuclear Penguin.

My wallet got super light. Anyone who is seriously in to beer like a wine snob is in to wine you must seek out these beers. They aren't easy to find in the States.
Yep, because going broke buying alcohol is a totally reasonable thing to do. I don't get drunk very often anymore since i'm no longer a kid, but if I do I'd rather do it off a $6 case of Genny Cream Ale than a $15.00 case of Sam Adam's. It's more practical. I don't know why you'd want to get tanked on good beer anyways, the whole point of good beer is to enjoy it, not get wrecked and puke it all back up.
WarChimp130 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Firefly
Contributor
Major General
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by WarChimp130 View Post
the whole point of good beer is to enjoy it, not get wrecked and puke it all back up.
Oh. See, I don't have that problem. When I get drunk, *IF* I get drunk, I do not puke. I do not suffer from hangovers. And I can drink so much that I am no longer speaking English (allegedly it comes out as utter gibberish, like the Sims) but can still use all of my motor functions.
__________________
Firefly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major
 
MattxMosh's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Oh. See, I don't have that problem. When I get drunk, *IF* I get drunk, I do not puke. I do not suffer from hangovers. And I can drink so much that I am no longer speaking English (allegedly it comes out as utter gibberish, like the Sims) but can still use all of my motor functions.
Yeah this. Those who know me in person on this forum in person can attest to the fact I never drink cheap beer ever. (Or to the fact I'm always drinking beer) Its simple, not all cheap beer is bad, but why would I want to drink something not as good as I can afford? And that has the sort of flavor I enjoy?

To each his own I guess, but if a beer is $6 a case (unless you confused on how many are in a case, because if its 12oz bottles its 24) I'm not going near it.
MattxMosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin
 
Hamma's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


I can attest to this
__________________

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Hamma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Don't get me wrong, I don't drink cheap beer very often but I also don't get drunk very often. Usually I drink 2 or 3 and call it a day. Usually with dinner or when I'm watching sports. But if I know I'm going to be drinking that heavily, I'd rather drink something cheaper. Half the reason is because the more expensive beers seem to fill me up faster and it just becomes an issue of not being able to get it down fast enough without feeling sick.

Cheap beer goes down easy, some of those other heavier beers that taste good just seem to give me gut rot if I drink them too fast. Very filling.
WarChimp130 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Logit
Second Lieutenant
 
Logit's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by WarChimp130 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't drink cheap beer very often but I also don't get drunk very often. Usually I drink 2 or 3 and call it a day. Usually with dinner or when I'm watching sports. But if I know I'm going to be drinking that heavily, I'd rather drink something cheaper. Half the reason is because the more expensive beers seem to fill me up faster and it just becomes an issue of not being able to get it down fast enough without feeling sick.

Cheap beer goes down easy, some of those other heavier beers that taste good just seem to give me gut rot if I drink them too fast. Very filling.
Age has a good amount to do with this.

Lets face it, some of us have nights where were just tryin to party and get drunk. What we drink is irrelevant as long as it gets you there.

Don't get me wrong, I love good beer. But it really depends on my mood.

I don't see the point in playing beer pong with really good beer. Seems like a waste honestly.
Logit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
firecrackerNC
Colonel
 
firecrackerNC's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


^word
__________________
these are lame
firecrackerNC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Yeah that. I'm not using my Post Road Pumpkin Ale to play Asshole. I'm using cheap shit.
WarChimp130 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Firefly
Contributor
Major General
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Re: THE Beer Thread


Originally Posted by Logit View Post
Lets face it, some of us have nights where were just tryin to party and get drunk. What we drink is irrelevant as long as it gets you there.
I don't get drunk on cheap beer. I can literally drink two cases of MGD and not feel a thing (except the urge to take a huge fucking piss). It is physiologically impossible for me. Between weight, body mass index, and metabolism (and also the fact that for fourteen-fifteen years I've had nothing but real beer), it would probably take a couple hundred bucks worth of shitty beer.
__________________
Firefly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Bookmarks

Tags
beer

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.