Basic weapon questions........ - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where pillaging coffins is not only legal, but fun
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-21, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Revenant
First Sergeant

Arrow Basic weapon questions........

So I read on the weapons page that the Gauss has a fast rate of fire. Obviously not as fast as a Cyclser or Chain-gun. Yet I heard some ppl say it's not very fast all.
Has it been changed?

And is the Guass the "uber" weapon it's made out it to be? Advantages, drawbacks? (I relieze that has to one of the oldest questions, but...)

Second, about the Bolt Driver. I know this has been covered back when the NDA was lifted, but..... How is the cone of fire?
I don't see how it would be a dis-advantage. Because after you shoot, isn't the reload time like 2 - 3 secs? By then, the CoF should have calmed down.

Oh and about the reload. Does it un-zoom your scope when reloading? Or does it always stay zoomed in?
Old 2003-04-21, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Salazar
Staff Sergeant

Havent really tired boltdriver, only in VR, but the more you zoom in, the large the COF is, and yes you can reload zoomed in
Old 2003-04-21, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Urthstripe
Private

To fire the bolt driver accurately you HAVE to be crouching and not moving yourself or the gun, or you have a 10% chance of hitting your target, at a distance. (The cone becomes 1/2 the size of the screen... :P As for the Gauss... I don't know. I refuse to play anyone but the Terrans. :P
Old 2003-04-21, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Khronos
Lieutenant Colonel

i dont know about the gauss, cuz i havent used one yet [only tried TR and VS]

but i do know about the bolt driver.

Like Salazar said, u reload zoomed in, and the COF gets larger the more you zoom.

You pretty much need to be crouched and not moving your crosshair at all to hit something really far away. The more you look around, the bigger ur COF gets.

[edit: guess i was a second to late ]
Old 2003-04-21, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The guass does not fire that fast at all. Infact, I'd say it fires just as fast if not a bit slower than the punisher, and a hell of a lot slower than the cycler.

but I love it for some reason.
Old 2003-04-21, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

the last patch changed the COF on the guass and cycler a little bit. The guass is very accurate, but they changed it so that firing expands the COF very fast so you have to fire in very short bursts to be accurate. The cycler is the opposite, they made it so the COF expands slower so you can shoot longer bursts.
Old 2003-04-21, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I haven't used a Gauss yet, but getting into fights with NC troops isnt a breeze, for sure. Cyclers usually are good in close range fights, but that Gauss is pretty formidable at long to medium range.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion