Oceanic players, Outfits and a server that’s probably 24/7 active. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: better than sex... well, maybe...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-04, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SKYeXile
Major General

Oceanic players, Outfits and a server that’s probably 24/7 active.

Throughout history most companies have not accommodated oceanic players by having localised servers or even flagged AU servers so we have built our own unofficial servers. In an Open PvP game we typically believe that it’s in the oceanic players best interest to not have American oceanic flagged servers anyway so we can build a 24/7 server.

Id like to know and gauge interest from mainly outfits who are interested in participating in a server setup to have an active population 24/7, be warned in the past these server are HIGHLY active and result in ques. Blackrock in WoW was one of these servers for those who don’t know and it had VERY long que’s sometimes, the population going to Blackrock was highly under calculated.

If you’re a outfit leader of a US or AU or oceanic outfit and would like to join one of these planned 24/7 active servers please respond, also any your thoughts are welcome on this too. If you’re an individual not currently associated with an outfit, feel free to respond too, i will be later making a thread with a poll attached at a later date to better gauge individual interest.

Now needless to say, this server would be a US west server where oceanics get the lowest ping. So if you’re interested in participating in this or one of these servers, please post interest.

Also for those that don’t know me, I’m a reasonably well know Australian PS1 player, an Officer of Future Crew one of PS1 more reputable outfits, i’m GM of one of Australia top open PvP guilds TRF, our current allies consist of The Elite, D!E, WPG and Synapse(Nephilim) and we collaborate with a lot of other Oceanic guilds like The Dark Ministry and ONE. We played Major parts in settings up Blackrock and proudmore through ausgamers, Making Nezekan in Aion a flagged server. Most of these guilds or at the very least officers responsible for organising this in the past will be coming to PS2.

SOE if you read this, please don’t take this as we want a American hosted AU flagged server, this is detrimental in our mission to setup a 24/7 server as it drives away US players, however a AU Hosted server would be welcome. I realise i don't speak for all AU players on my option with that, but i represent a sizable and influential amount who do agree with me about server flagging.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-07-04 at 09:42 PM.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Re: Oceanic players, Outfits and a server that’s probably 24/7 active.

I'm just hoping a dedicated Oceanic server will exist. In a competitive FPS with low TTK, it is pretty much a must.
Surely we will spend enough money in game to warrant at least one!
Old 2012-07-04, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

Synapse aka: Nephiliam is one our our allies, they're a Singaporean guild, its not not wanting to play with Aisian or Chinese, its why would we play on a server where we get worse ping, worse packet loss with players we mostly cant understand and have no ties with, its simple, we don't.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-07-04, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Can you post a link to the discussions all of the guilds you mentioned are partaking please.
Old 2012-07-04, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SKYeXile
Major General

They're mostly on vent. But we're all apart of a major GW2 alliance: www.titanalliance.net/

A lot of those players will be playing PS2 too. Officially the alliance has no current plans for PS2. But The Elite and TRF will be playing, though TRF will assimilate into FC for this.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-07-04, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Translation: we just want to play with the Aussies not the Asians.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, you idiot.

Old 2012-07-04, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Seeing as there is no forum discussion elsewhere and you represent this sizeable group I might as well ask these Q's here.

The groups thoughts on balance in regard to PS2?
24/7 is nice but without an even population spread its not as appealing.
Being one of the original guilds on BR from release I can say it was heavily one sided for quite a few years before it went to shite.

What sort of sizeable and influential numbers do you represent about server flagging and is that representation based on PS2, just gaming in general or MMORPG like WoW/Aion/GW?

If we forget about the sizeable player base you represent and focus on the officers responsible for organising this, what sort of numbers are we looking at there?

I see the release of GW2 having a big effect on this proposal. The history of the guilds mentioned is heavily based around MMORPG and I dont see that changing any time soon.
I am going to use the term hardcore because I assume thats how your represented participate in MMORPG. Plus this post is about 24/7 gaming so its not just a social plan.
Do these guilds plan on playing both PS2 and GW2 at a hardcore level or PS2 is the main focus?
Old 2012-07-04, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SKYeXile
Major General

Planetside is deigned for PvP for 3 factions, i imagine that just because of that there will be better balance and it should give us the tools available to see if a side is over popped, these were obviously failings with WoW and and WAR.

Sever flagging opinion varies from game to game, but PS2 been a PvP game the consensus in the past has been a preference to unofficial no flagged servers. Getting nezekan in Aion was a mistake, most of the guilds who were opting to goto nezekan didn't want server flagging as we wanted to play with US guilds and have good pops 24/7, it got alot of attention on the curse forums and NC soft decided to flag the server oceanic.

There only a handful of officers, from each of the guilds i mentioned, we value competitive PvP and typically choose the under popped factions...or try to...none of us want to be a dominate zerg faction. its none of our styles. Obviously theres not much to organising this, choose a server, get other people to play there too...simple in summery. But our alliance would be looking to go VS, now this is why i'm here checking out what other outfits are doing, because we want people to fight.

You're right these are mostly MMO guilds, but we all play FPS's but our thing in the past has always been open world pvp, theres not many MMOFPS's to speak of, as we all know. We're not looking to just have MMORPGS guilds or whatever on a server, but somebody's gotta step up and choose a server, typically all it is is just some major guilds naming a server and others following. essentially the goal here is to ensure we would have people to fight on the other factions and have a 24/7 decent population presence.

The guilds do plan to play both, but these are multi gaming communities and planetside 2, playing multiple games is nothing new. Ill obviously be dropping GW2 like a large mexican turd the first chance i get, but i cant ignore it, its looking to be the best open pvp MMO since DAOC or UO.

Hope that helps.

SKYeXile TRF - GM

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-07-04 at 11:42 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ekram
Private

Didn't Higby say something about that they were looking at putting up oceanic servers in one of the interviews? Think it was in the mmorpg.com interview that was posted yesterday.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
fod
Master Sergeant

i dont know what a flagged server is or whatever

but i want AUS servers - i dont want to play with a bazillion ping to US (ok 200-300ms but still thats a lot)
Old 2012-07-05, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Daffan
Corporal

Misc Info

Proudmoore*

representin !
Old 2012-07-05, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

From where the US Server will be Las Vegas. The Aussies look good. Plenty of undersea pipes with a straight connect to the West Coast of the US. May even have a better connection than me from NY zig zagging through flyover states.
Yeah same, my ping from NYC was almost 160 to Las Vegas, and only 90 to San Diego, so the server in Las Vegas must be the suck.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Minotaur
Private

As a Leader and Creator of an Australian Outfit for PS2, you have my support. We do require these servers. I am certain that the allied Outfits in our Coalition will have support for this cause as well. We're talking 70-120 people in total and that's just from our Coalition.

I've played on US West Coast server in various games and the ping and latency is terrible. I have a fairly good connection here (13mb/sec) and I was lucky to get under 350 ping which in a shooter just doesn't cut it.

You retain the support of myself, my Outfit, our Coalition and every Australian gamer who's going to be using this game.

For reference on what Outfits: Omega Company, Sneaky Ninja's Australia, Jet Bastards, Gorilla Militia, Noble Legion.

Last edited by Minotaur; 2012-07-05 at 07:59 AM.
Old 2012-07-05, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

Translation: we just want to play with the Aussies not the Asians.
The EU servers will happily take the asian players .

A 24/7 active server never hurt anyone .

Good luck playing off peak hours with F-all to do
Old 2012-07-05, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
KILLFACE
Sergeant

The Jet Bastards are about half Aussie half American and we were originally planning on cycling between Aussie and American srvr's and at the moment We're probably gonna sit on NA WC since there's apparently no AU srvr. If there was Aussie srvrs we'd probably sit on it at least half the time though that is yet to be debated. We werent planning on debating srvr's until we get our hands on the Beta. And Mino didn't I mention Sneak Ninja's are still getting themselves sorted out? Shouldn't include them in such things as yet. (Correction : Mino said he talked to Sneak Ninja's CO in private.)

Last edited by KILLFACE; 2012-07-06 at 09:31 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion