What do you think of the 666th Devil Dogs? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Some cheesecake would be really good right about now
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-12, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

What do you think of the 666th Devil Dogs?

666th is the Biggest Outfit, how do you feel about it?
Old 2004-04-12, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
flypengy
Master Sergeant

The NC would be a terrible waste of putty without them. The guys do an excellent job of introducing new players to the world of planetside. Though I don't always agree with evilpig in command chat I recognize the fact that he does (did, he's not been around much) an outstanding job with so many people.

Hell, even I was in the 666th for about two weeks when I first started. Just couldn't stand the fact that whenever I would try to tell people something that was happening, I'd get brushed aside due to the massive amounts of people on.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

I've come across them on the field before. Very organised.
Old 2004-04-12, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I personaly feel they hinder the NC on Markov by creating a bandwagon thing, go with the devildoggs or there will be no fight. We end up concentraing on one cont and get owned everyware else

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-12, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yea, but the devil dogs are a nice group of people, as big as they are. I know what its like to be in the black hawks Rbstr, with like, 20 people at times lol, I used to command it, but you cant hate the devil dogs because of their sheer size. we need outfits like that to keep operations on a semi-coordinated level.
Old 2004-04-13, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr
I personaly feel they hinder the NC on Markov by creating a bandwagon thing, go with the devildoggs or there will be no fight. We end up concentraing on one cont and get owned everyware else
That really makes no sense.

I speak with the 666th guys on command chat often and what you're describing is not how they work. They try to keep their guys together which at peak can reach two platoons (60 people) which is not enough to even fill a continent half way. So accusing the 666th as the reason that we focus on one continent makes little sense.
Old 2004-04-14, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
LordCyrez
Private

I agree with pengy. I don't have any problem with the 666th. Now i have to admit that i know only the CR5 in the 666th. Everytime i try and ask one of them for something in /c they always try and help. And if there's ever a problem with one of their members i just bring it up with Cogburn and it get looked after right away.

I know almost everyone has an issue with the 666th but i think they're a huge asset for the NC.
Old 2004-04-19, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

They all look the same. I considered though of finding someone in 666th and making my nc player join, like hell though I rather play with my TR guy.

I have heard good stuff about them. Better than D2A. (highest TR outfit, my old outfit was once second with them but then it died and slowly fell off the leaderboard first size then points)

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-04-20, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

They can be a big help at times and usually that is what happens. They have a large organized outfit that can be very effective but what would help even more is if all of the nc outfits worked together to cap not just a single cont but the entire globe. However i dont see this happening any time soon so it will have to wait, quite awhile.
Old 2004-04-20, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I think that they certainly get the job done. I've played with them and I don't know what makes people think/say that because an outfit is huge and the size of a zerg (this does not mean a zerg outfit) it actually makes playing with them even funner. You always have a squad, a lot of divisions running at all times, and huge operations every Saturday.
Old 2004-04-20, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by slytiger
They can be a big help at times and usually that is what happens. They have a large organized outfit that can be very effective but what would help even more is if all of the nc outfits worked together to cap not just a single cont but the entire globe. However i dont see this happening any time soon so it will have to wait, quite awhile.
The only time it will happen is when everyone is on. And since its spread out, i dont think that'll happen any time soon.

Though if they could possibly get about 3/4 of them on, and make pacts with other outfits (get one outfit with a secific group of 666th people to conquer a continent), they can rule.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-04-21, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Acaila
First Lieutenant

People hate on the 666th because there is ALOT of noobs in the outfit. They forget there is also some very good players aswell.

I think they are good for Markov NC and for PlanetSide as a whole, gives noobs a home as soon as they join the game. An organized home aswell, giving them a good experience from the word go. They have TS, they help their new recruits, they have some decent CR5s.
Old 2004-04-22, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

I love all my teamates. I have been in the 666th going on 3 months now and normally (just on teamspeak) we have around 60-80 guys on a normal night and on weekends a lot more. Some people are in it and refuse to get teamspeak or even follow the outfit and we dont do anything about it which kinda irritates me but to each his own.

Old 2004-04-22, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I've created an alt on Markov, NC, and joined them just to investigate. Not quite what everyone says about them. Out of over two-thousand less than 1/4 of them are active, having logged on in the last 10 days, and they normally have about 1 platoon going on average each night. Not trying to "dis" them though. I've also seen them wip some serious ass when they can get a good amount of people on.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-04-23, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
DropShipEdward
Contributor
Corporal

meh

am getting a little tired of seeing all these 666 peeps running around, but i'm over it
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion