Improvement: MAX Step-up/Vault - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Three O's. Over Paided Over Sexed And Over Here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-08, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Notser
Staff Sergeant

MAX Step-up/Vault

Since MAX units are unable to jump in Planetside 2(which I agree with considering the weight of the suit), I feel it would fit within the style/gameplay to allow them to step up a minimal height. Perhaps just the height of 1 to 2 feet to allow them to traverse minimal obstacles. Some gal drops during the stream created situations where the MAX unit became stuck in areas with a wall that stood a foot off the ground but because they can't jump they were forced to suicide to continue playing.
Old 2012-06-08, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
AssassinGT
Private

Re: MAX Step-up/Vault

Yes I definitely agree, especially stressing the fact that a MAX can hot drop anywhere on a map. You would think that they would HAVE to make something so that a max can get around small railing. I saw that stupidity in the stream as well. MAX's are already big targets for infantry, gotta give them the ability to have a little hop.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
kunzadar
Corporal

As long as it is slow, one of the MAX's biggest balances is their lack of maneuverability compared to infantry.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zekeen
Major

Generally, the MAX won't get in those areas unless they botch a Galaxy drop. I say leave it as is buuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttt

There should totally be a leaping mod for a MAX suit. Like maybe even a high jump. Something that takes away from the use of more combat oriented mods to jump high in the air over obstacles (and crash onto the ground at a rapid pace). Something other than jumps jets that can be useful for MAX mobility.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

I think the step up makes sense. Doesnt seem op and would give them the ability to get unstuck. I dont think thats unreasonable. Not sure about some super jump though thats kinda ..........just think thats a bit much tbh.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info

Yeah was watching the stream and didn't realize how limited the MAX's were without jump till I saw one get stuck behind a tiny railing... lol

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault