Gameplay: Crash Landing - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: what, you were expecting something else?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-06-03, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
alienmoose
Corporal

Re: Crash Landing

edit nevermind poor choice of words sorry guys, i forgot my grandpa was in the air force i dont want to disrespect pilots

Last edited by alienmoose; 2012-06-03 at 02:04 AM.
Old 2012-06-03, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

I really like the idea of being able to fight behind your wrecked vehicle. Although long base fights might get a little surreal when your base is littered with reavers falling from the sky.
Old 2012-06-03, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
From watching the recent videos, it looks like aircraft die quite easily when they hit the ground, so looks like crash landing will be impossible to do.
Aircraft die quite easily when they land too. We can see if all our crash ideas are viable during Beta when they fix that.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Runlikethewind
Private

About xp for hitting vehicles, in the videos it looked to me like they were getting points for every hit not just kills. I remember seeing one pilot strafing some tanks and as soon as they opened fire you could see little yellow numbers pop up. I interpreted that to mean that your going to get a little bit of xp every time you hit something regardless of whether you actually kill it or not. I'll try and find the exact vid if I can remember which one it was....

Edit: on further review of the video I think I'm just plain wrong about this, its hard to tell.

Last edited by Runlikethewind; 2012-06-03 at 12:19 PM. Reason: New info
Old 2012-06-03, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Fafnir
Sergeant

0:55 - 0:58
Old 2012-06-03, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Toppopia
Major

I will assume that the person flying was dead or the aircraft was counted as destroyed. But it did look cool.
Old 2012-06-04, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I like this idea. I hope it gets to see the light of the day some time.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
shdggsdv
Private

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
Maybe add a disable at a certain % of health left and while disabled you loose health slowly while your aircraft becomes much harder to control and/or spins out of control?
Sort of like what happens in Mercinaries 2? In that old game if you were flying a helicopter and you got to 10% flames would start and you would barrel out of control, the only problem was you exploded on direct impact with the ground, but you would blow up mid air if you were hit by any fire while in the out of control spiral, i think that is a great idea for the game
Old 2012-07-12, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Oktarnash
Private

You can take a look at star wars battlefront, when your fighter gets to no Hp it just spirals out of control and dies, of course it wouldn't be like that.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
BraavikStal
Private

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
Maybe add a disable at a certain % of health left and while disabled you loose health slowly while your aircraft becomes much harder to control and/or spins out of control?
Like the mechanic BF3 has? I really enjoyed that it made the game much more fun IMO.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault