Improvement: New Weapon Mods + Vehicle Weps - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are you still reading these?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-05-21, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
KyleE
Private

New Weapon Mods + Vehicle Weps

Hi,

I was playing earlier and a few ideas struck me. Nothing major, much of the content is either already in the game or very easy to create. Just wanted to share them.

Weapon Mods

Carbines:

Add a collapsible stock mod for those that do not already have stocks. Pros would be reduced recoil, cons could be reduced hipfire accuracy or speed due to the extra bulk.

Shotguns:

First, add a choke as a barrel option, or maybe ammo. The effect would be a tighter spread. Pros are increased effectiveness at range, the con would be less chance of hitting due to reduced spread.

Second, as shotguns are commonly used up close, introduce a melee weapon mod. This one would be much harder to implement I think. Just something simple like a bayonet, with increased damage over the standard melee attack but reduced mobility.

Sniper Rifles:

A new ammo option: Anti-material ammo. Increased recoil, noise and reduced capacity, but the ability to heavily damage light armour and MAX units, and to damage heavy armour.

Handguns:

Nothing major here, just a sight option over and above iron sights.

Vehicle Weapons

It struck me very early on when I first started playing PS2 that there wasn't actually a lot of variation between the three empires when it came to vehicles. Yes there are ESFs and unique heavy tanks, but the rest is fairly standard. So I propose some unique weaponry for various vehicles.

Lightning:

Add a new empire specific weapon, which is a total representation of that factions strengths, and weaknesses.

Terran Republic: Some form of autocannon. Maybe a rotary cannon. Much lower projectile damage than even the standard Viper, but less drop and a much higher ammo capacity. Think along the lines of the AI MAX weaponry.

New Conglomerate: I was torn with this one. My first thought was a shotgun like the Mustang AH on the Reaver. But unless that could also be made to damage armour it wouldn't be much use. So my second thought was a sort of old school cannon. Shorter barrel, much bigger bore, and a much bigger projectile. Travels slowly and has a short range, but a huge splash radius.

Vanu Sovereignty: Here I was once again torn. Either a scaled up and more powerful Saron style weapon, or a Lancer style weapon.

Sunderer:

Nothing major here, just the ability to use the faction specific weapons that can already be used on the Harrasser.

VS: Saron and Proton
TR: Vulcan and Marauder
NC: Both Enforcers

Liberator:

A new belly mounter heavy weapon for each faction, once again a combination of strength and weaknesses.

VS: A Lancer styler weapon, but with splash damage: Pros being immediate impact, cons being reduced damage over standard weapons.
TR: A twin-mounter rotary cannon, firing low damage rounds at a blinding rate of fire. Think a scaled up Shredder with reduced damage.
NC: A twin mounted shotgun of some description. You can probably tell I don't play NC...

As I say these are just some ideas that I wanted to get out there. Thanks for going through them if you did, and I'd appreciate your comments if you have any.
Old 2014-05-21, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
KyleE
Private

Re: New Weapon Mods + Vehicle Weps

Quick note, I know ideas should be posted one at a time here, but I had quite a few. Once I have some feedback I'll repost those that people like with more detail and individually.

Thanks

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault