AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submitted by: Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-09-26, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
TorinPS
Private

Re: Community Clash TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
Did they not say only OUTFIT MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE? So what your telling is ,because you guys play with these people in a alliance it makes it ok for you to break the rules???
Let me quote some clarification made by RCCC about this rule for you:

3.This rule was intended to stop outfits from pulling a number of "ringers" from whatever outfit to participate even if they don't normally play together.

We absolutely did not do that. We normally play together, the formality of an outfit invite does not change that.

(quote is from Torkz, here)

We were all told on the same day that beacons were allowed, the next day we had our guys on test getting br 10 so we would have our beacons. Which are a very tactical tool for infantry to have. So because you guys are slackers we were denied a very important part of our infantry tactics.
Our guys were told SOE could bump our people to level 10, then at the last second (when we had no time to do anything about it), they said "no wait, we can't". What would you expect us to do?

call it what you want, call me a poor sport, at least I play by the rules.
You are a poor sport, and we played by the same rules too. If you're too oblivious to understand the rules, don't blame it on us.

We are in a alliance too ,TTA . There are tones of pilots in our alliance that are much better in the air than me ,and if I knew it was ok to bring any player on our server than I would have been happy to sit back ,and give my spot to one of many ace pilots on Connery.But we play by the book, and if this was a real competitive match you would have been disqualified for cheating..... Thats all im saying...
Bringing 'any player on our server' that you don't actually play with, woudl have been against the rules. These are our guys, we've played with these guys for months. For the sake of whiny little girls, we added them to the outfit at the last minute to try to quell some of this retardation before it inevitably started. Apparently some people can't help themselves/

I wonder if the RCCC would rule it unfair that you guys brought in players from other outfits?
I don't know, why don't you ask them? I hope you do, so they can clarify the spirit of the rule for you (I quoted them above doing that already), and you can get this saltiness out of your system.

Last edited by TorinPS; 2013-09-26 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Added quote from Torkz
Old 2013-09-26, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TorinPS View Post
Let me quote some clarification made by RCCC about this rule for you:

3.This rule was intended to stop outfits from pulling a number of "ringers" from whatever outfit to participate even if they don't normally play together.

We absolutely did not do that. We normally play together, the formality of an outfit invite does not change that.

Our guys were told SOE could bump our people to level 10, then at the last second (when we had no time to do anything about it), they said "no wait, we can't". What would you expect us to do?

You are a poor sport, and we played by the same rules too. If you're too oblivious to understand the rules, don't blame it on us.

Bringing 'any player on our server' that you don't actually play with, woudl have been against the rules. These are our guys, we've played with these guys for months. For the sake of whiny little girls, we added them to the outfit at the last minute to try to quell some of this retardation before it inevitably started. Apparently some people can't help themselves/

I don't know, why don't you ask them? I hope you do, so they can clarify the spirit of the rule for you (I quoted them above doing that already), and you can get this saltiness out of your system.
I think adding them to outfit at the last minute was a poor attempt to cover your ass. Im sure the RCCC guys are looking into it already. LOL few of those guys are NC, they dont even have VS accounts that I can see. Dose rule 3 include people you play against? Because I know some Badass pilots in FC ,NUC,and 00 that I play against that would have loved to get some of that action last night.
Old 2013-09-26, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
TorinPS
Private

I think adding them to outfit at the last minute was a poor attempt to cover your ass. Im sure the RCCC guys are looking into it already. LOL few of those guys are NC, they dont even have VS accounts that I can see. Dose rule 3 include people you play against? Because I know some Badass pilots in FC ,NUC,and 00 that I play against that would have loved to get some of that action last night.
It a minor manner of speaking, yes it was, as an attempt to pre-emptively quell this sort of thing you are doing. Regardless, we followed the rules, as clarified by Torkz.

I hope they do look into it. I hope they 'rule' on it. I hope that when Dreadnaut or whoever else gives them the lowdown, they are going to tell you exactly what I did, that we followed the rule.

Everyone who played with us, has been playing with us for quite some time. There is not a single person we played with that are NC only, and don't have VS account. If you really think so, please tell me a name.

If you want to recruit better pilots into MERC, be my guest.
Old 2013-09-26, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

It a minor manner of speaking, yes it was, as an attempt to pre-emptively quell this sort of thing you are doing. Regardless, we followed the rules, as clarified by Torkz.

I hope they do look into it. I hope they 'rule' on it. I hope that when Dreadnaut or whoever else gives them the lowdown, they are going to tell you exactly what I did, that we followed the rule.

Everyone who played with us, has been playing with us for quite some time. There is not a single person we played with that are NC only, and don't have VS account. If you really think so, please tell me a name.

If you want to recruit better pilots into MERC, be my guest.
We are not about to stoop to your level and recruit so called "better pilots" 24 hrs before a event/ competitive match. Even if Torkz said it was ok, which I doubt.If you tried this shit in a MLG match they would never allow you to compete again.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-09-26 at 09:38 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
TorinPS
Private

Well, I tried. I guess english isn't your native language, because you don't apparently comprehend it super great.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

and the drama ensues

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-26, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Not trying to take anything away from you guys. You had a badass air wing that clinched the win for you. Its just a shame some of them were not members of your outfit.It was stated that was against the rules, but you guys got the go ahead from torkz. I just don't see that as a win in my book. You had to stack to beat us.

Opinions vary.....

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-09-26 at 10:19 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Phrygen
Corporal

Phrygen of BWC posted something along this exact same lines not 15 minutes ago, and I'll post here exactly what I posted there:
Though i believe we resolved any confusions between myself and Torin over on Reddit, I just wanted to state for the record here that I did not imply that NNG/TGWW cheated or used ringers for their match. The top mattherson pilots have multiple character for the different factions and are often members of the same outfits.

What i wrote initially was "TGWW doing serious recruiting of the top NC and TR pilots on Mattherson. Very good for TGWW. I'll miss the QRY powerhouse though ." I stand by that comment, the reality is the QRY is rarely seen in the air anymore on mattherson like during the summer, and TGWW has had new pilots join them in the last few weeks. That doesn't mean that a player who is a member of QRY cant also be a member of TGWW and NNG.

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-09-26 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
TorinPS
Private

Not trying to take anything away from you guys. You had a badass air wing that clinched the win for you. Its just a shame some of them were not members of your outfit.
That isn't the purpose of the rule. The purpose was to prevent people who never play together, from recruiting simply for the event. We've played with these guys all along. Some of them were in TGWW before we started getting all the commitment, some of them were in NNG, all of them we've played hundreds of hours together.

Torkz said that was in the spirit of the rule. That's why we didn't feel like we needed to change our roster. We added them to the outfit as a technicality. Ask any of them though, they've all been playing with us for many months.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
TorinPS
Private

Originally Posted by Phrygen View Post
Though i believe we resolved any confusions between myself and Torin over on Reddit, I just wanted to state for the record here that I did not imply that NNG/TGWW cheated or used ringers for their match. The top mattherson pilots have multiple character for the different factions and are often members of the same outfits.

What i wrote initially was "TGWW doing serious recruiting of the top NC and TR pilots on Mattherson. Very good for TGWW. I'll miss the QRY powerhouse though ." And while i stand by that comment, the reality is the QRY is rarely seen in the air anymore on mattherson like during the summer, and TGWW has had new pilots join them in the last few weeks.
Yes, agreed. I regret calling Phrygen out, I misunderstood his post. Was overly defense after this. Sorry, again. :P
Old 2013-09-26, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

That isn't the purpose of the rule. The purpose was to prevent people who never play together, from recruiting simply for the event. We've played with these guys all along. Some of them were in TGWW before we started getting all the commitment, some of them were in NNG, all of them we've played hundreds of hours together.

Torkz said that was in the spirit of the rule. That's why we didn't feel like we needed to change our roster. We added them to the outfit as a technicality. Ask any of them though, they've all been playing with us for many months.

Well then in the spirit of the rule I guess I can say all the players ,outfits ,and factions from Matherson that participated in the event last night did well.

They should just rename this clash to Txr and Mercs vs Matherson

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-09-26 at 10:29 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Phrygen
Corporal

Yes, agreed. I regret calling Phrygen out, I misunderstood his post. Was overly defense after this. Sorry, again. :P
Again, no worries.

And before I leave this forum which I so rarely frequent ( I really should come by here more often) I will simply say that the real issue here seems to be that the rules never specified how many outfits a player could be member of. Planetside 2 has a long history of faction loyalty, but the pilots of ps2... well they don't really care much for faction loyalty, at least on mattherson. They are more loyal to one another.

Obviously in an officially sanctioned MLG match, one would assume a player could only be a member of one team, but for initial stress tests and exhibition scrims with rather undeveloped rule sets, such a rule doesn't really need to be in place.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
snafus
Sergeant Major

Here is the big problem I see with all this TorinPS. I regularly fly with almost all of the aces on Connery during cross faction play. I have even had alts in some of my favorite enemy outfits to fly with them. To be honest I have played with almost all of those guys for the past year of PS2.

Now with your logic it is OK If they were to join MERCS right before a match goes live. It would also be OK if I made an alt and joined any of the enemy outfits before they compete due to the fact I have played with them so much.

The issue here is we shouldn't be encouraging 4th faction play styles into a supposed competitive fight. If I knew it was bring your cool kids friends kind of match I could have indulged you to your hearts delight.

I won't call you guys cheaters or take away from your win as you boys earned it. But we do need to clarify this issue here and now and *** it in the butt as this seems to be a problem that can and will be exploited to stack teams in the future.

Old 2013-09-26, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
TorinPS
Private

Clarification:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...y6me?context=3

And I honestly expect this level of consolidation to occur the more competitive things get. NUC has been doing it, officially adding people to the outfit, for quite a while now. They have a formidable list of pilots already in the outfit. The only difference between us and them, is we didn't bother 'making it official' for all of them until shortly before the event. But, as that was not a necessity to meet the spirit of the rule, we only did it to attempt to quell some of the hatred we're so used to getting.

Edit: And in the long term, we'll probably reform under another Outfit (with an established infantry based group) to get everyone under one roof. May not be TGWW, but it'll be the same people. We're just being malleable with the letter of the law, and if it changes that literally everyone needs to be in the outfit, it will be done.

Last edited by TorinPS; 2013-09-26 at 10:48 PM. Reason: More clarification
Old 2013-09-26, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Clarification:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...y6me?context=3

And I honestly expect this level of consolidation to occur the more competitive things get. NUC has been doing it, officially adding people to the outfit, for quite a while now. They have a formidable list of pilots already in the outfit. The only difference between us and them, is we didn't bother 'making it official' for all of them until shortly before the event. But, as that was not a necessity to meet the spirit of the rule, we only did it to attempt to quell some of the hatred we're so used to getting.
The problem is its a honor rule, it cant really be enforced.Says it right on that link.

hon·or·a·ble
ˈänərəbəl/Submit
adjective
bringing or worthy of honor.
synonyms: honest, moral, ethical, principled, righteous, right-minded;
antonyms: crooked, deplorable

Some people will do anything to win.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion