The jackhammer degredation - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look a distraction!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-01, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

The jackhammer degredation

Now i have been playing this game for eight months and over time i have noticed the jackhammer getting crapier and crapier. Now i know ill get flamed from the other empires for this but i think the devs should stop doing so much to the weapons. The jackhammer blows now and I think it needs just a little more power. Not so much thats its unfair cause as much as I would like to plow through everyone, it wouldnt be as much fun. But i mean come on what is up with the total and complete destruction of the jackhammer. And i KNOW FOR A FACT i am goin to get flammed and bitched at for this and please dont PM me for saying this but you VS and TR need to stop bitching at us and eachother also. We all have our pluses and minuses and for us it WAS the jackhammer but now its only the vangaurd(and the phoenix maybe). But any posts flames or disgrunteled empires please post.

Old 2004-03-01, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

STFU about HA people, they made a bug thing fix they didn't do any damage ajustement it can still Kill in one hit with 3shot, and is pleanty powerfull in single mode.

If you don't like it grab a guass and use the 4 certs for something that the NC need more

I play NC about as exclusivly as it gets.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Sorry if this seems like a flame, but, so what? Who cares? The Jackhammer got nerfed what's the big deal? Pretty much all the weapons do sooner or later. Yours was later. Maybe it's just me being TR, I'm used to nerfs.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-03-01, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

But all this constant nerf war crap is pissing me off. First they nerf like take the lasher(just an example). They nerf the lasher then when the VS start lossing they pump it up then degrade the MCG. And when they start lossing they pump it back up and then nerf the jackhammer. Its just pissing me off. They should just put it back to the way they had it when i started playing in July. W/e its pissing me off.

Old 2004-03-01, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Spee
Colonel

No, but all you jackasses who used to use the JH have picked up Av and are using it for AI which PISSES ME RIGHT THE FUCK OFF. STOP WASTING YOUR AMMO, YOU ASSHOLES!

Nothing angers me more than getting gangraped by 15 phoenixes WHILE IM AN INFANTRYMAN.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

fix the lasher bug and call it quits then, fix bugs, add content, and optomize FPS

I personly feel that the weapons are they way they should be except for the one lasher though walls and behind them thing

edit yeah WTF is up with people using the Phx for AI? it absolutly sucks yet its still done, i understand if its a last resort, but a main weapon?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

The phoenix is my only peve. The god damn thing IS like spee said used against infantry. That is the gayest thing ever. The whole damn emp spams them now so its impossible to live once they start doing it.
Old 2004-03-02, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Sometimes I swear the phoenix must have a faster ttk on rexo than the jackhammer...

What bugs me is how similar the JH ttk is to a certain common-pool MA gun.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-03-02 at 04:45 AM.
Old 2004-03-02, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Phoenix does have a faster TTK than Jackhammer, and here's why:

To kill with the JH, you have to close distance and fire. That could take 10, 20 or 30 seconds or perhaps more.

To kill with the Phoenix, you fire in the general direction of the infantry from your current location and slam missiles into him. No need to close distance, and if you find a better target, then you divert your missile. You can kill him before you would have been able to run up to him on foot, effectively meaning a faster TTK.

Plus you get the Decimator, which has the fastest TTK on spawn tubes and terminals.

The only fix I can see is making the Phoenix do 0 damage against infantry. Time has run out for people to start believing that the Decimator is broken and that the Phoenix is king of AV. It's just true, no more debate.

edit: I guess I have to say that Phoenix is broken. I carry it more often than I carry Decimators now, and rarely suffer for the decision.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2004-03-02 at 09:14 AM.
Old 2004-03-02, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

LimpBIT...what are you talking about dude??

The JH got a bug fix, sorry you can't quad shot and shoot tri shot just as quick as ur primary shot.

Sorry that you can't get as many kills as you once did.

Sorry that the MCG is killing you more easily.

Sorry that ur Surge isn't working for you anymore becuase you think the JH sucks.

And I'm def sorry that you keep bitching about it when it still is an instagib up close. 1 tri-shot = death.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion