Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 32 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I got rejected by the TR again
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-06-19, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #466
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by Higby
Hey guys -

GU11 is right around the corner and I wanted to drop in and call out some of the major features coming with the update. When we started working on this update we decided it would be a pure "Quality of Life" patch, with a minimum of additions in terms of new items or systems and a lot of refinement, tuning and enhancements to the things you've already got.

A few weeks ago we asked you guys for what you wanted to see updated and got an absolutely massive list of requests ranging from minor nitpicks all the way up to fundamental game changing suggestions, and those requests have guided how we've approached and prioritized the changes for this update. We didn't get anywhere near touching everything that was requested, but did get through a pretty decent chunk and the rest that we've either run out of time for or are larger challenges than can fit into one update we're continuing to work on and prioritize for the next several updates. Of course, whenever taking suggestions from a community as large and diverse as the Planetside 2 community it's impossible to find changes that are universally agreed on or prioritize everyone's top issues as the top development issue, but we have done our very best to make this an update that brings as many benefits to as many of you as possible.
Ok so now you've prepared me for the worst and let me down gently, lets see what exactly got done.

Rest of the details are on the official forums, or wait for someone to post it as news.
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...g-soon.135273/
Old 2013-06-20, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #467
typhaon
Sergeant Major

3 more...

That thing where you're trying to fire a missile/AV rocket out of a spawn room and it blows up in your face.

That thing where you're being shot at and you run around a corner, inside a shield, yet still take damage and die.

That thing certain Vanu/TR on my server do with (I think) underbarrel grenades where they can get the explosions to go through the spawn room doors - particularly in the Biolabs.
Old 2013-06-20, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #468
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
That thing where you're being shot at and you run around a corner, inside a shield, yet still take damage and die.
Welcome to every shooter ever.

This is the cause of clientside hit detection and it's not something that's fixable.

On the enemy's screen, you had not yet made it into the shield and he shot you. You can't deny that guy his kill because from his perspective he landed the shot and got the kill.

You just have to figure that's going to happen and either be faster or don't make such a reckless attempt at sprinting into cover.
Old 2013-06-20, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #469
typhaon
Sergeant Major

^I think I've played just about every shooter, ever... and I find this issue to be far more common on PS2 than any other shooter I've played.

I'll take your suggestion under advisement, but I'm not really sure it's my problem when I take cover, then find myself - through the magic of this hit detection - suddenly killed!
Old 2013-07-02, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #470
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Seeing as there is a delay on the next GU its good opportunity to check your list of Bugs/QoL issues and tick off whats been actioned.
I managed to get three fixed so far.
Hopefully I can tick another three off in the next GU as well.
Old 2013-07-03, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #471
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Might as well leave my issue with tracking friendlies here as well:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55734
Old 2013-07-03, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #472
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Edfishy View Post
Might as well leave my issue with tracking friendlies here as well:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55734
Good point... I recently found one pretty cool guy to gun my Lib, but he left me as I landed to flip a point. I couldn't find him again afterwards... and from then on, I've always made sure to squad up with my Co-pilots and gunners.
Old 2013-07-04, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #473
Jonny
Master Sergeant

I'd like to know, have account wide unlocks changed?

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I used to be able to unlock a Nanite Systems weapon with my TR character and it would be available to use on all my characters.

This doesn't seem to be the case now, like any inlock that isn't with money is contrained to the char you unlock it on. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
Old 2013-07-04, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #474
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Big thread, so I don't know if these have been mention before. If so, count this as a vote in favor of fixing these issues.
  1. The Redeploy Map sometimes zooms in/out and changes position whenever a new spawn location becomes available. That needs to stop. Don't mess with my map positioning. Instead, "ping"/highlight the new location in the redeployment options list on the left.
  2. Also on the Redeploy Map, when selecting a spawn location that isn't the default, then switching to another tab (say, Vehicles to check on your acquisition timer), then back to the Redeploy Map, your selected spawn point has been reset back to the default. That's caused me to spawn in the wrong place more than a few times.

Last edited by Climhazzard; 2013-07-04 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2013-07-04, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #475
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I'd like to know, have account wide unlocks changed?

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I used to be able to unlock a Nanite Systems weapon with my TR character and it would be available to use on all my characters.

This doesn't seem to be the case now, like any inlock that isn't with money is contrained to the char you unlock it on. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
You've never been able to unlock an NS weapon with certs and have it available on any other character, even those of the same faction. Unlocks done with certs have always been restricted to that character.
Old 2013-07-04, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #476
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
Big thread, so I don't know if these have been mention before. If so, count this as a vote in favor of fixing these issues.
  1. The Redeploy Map sometimes zooms in/out and changes position whenever a new spawn location becomes available. That needs to stop. Don't mess with my map positioning. Instead, "ping"/highlight the new location in the redeployment options list on the left.
  2. Also on the Redeploy Map, when selecting a spawn location that isn't the default, then switching to another tab (say, Vehicles to check on your acquisition timer), then back to the Redeploy Map, your selected spawn point has been reset back to the default. That's caused me to spawn in the wrong place more than a few times.
Oh yes please, these have been rare but infuriating for me.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion