Force Dome movie and Test Server Notes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For when friends disown you for posting Planetside news on facebook.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-03, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Force Dome movie and Test Server Notes

This is the patch that is on the test server.

There is also a Force Dome movie here http://planetside.station.sony.com/force_dome/ I was hoping the domes would be much larger, like a little smaller than an SOI.
Gameplay
  • Capitol Buildings are currently in our internal testing. Read more about them In Development.
  • If a Cavern is locked, then any friendly surface facilities connected to that cavern (via the lattice through the Geowarps) will act as if it had all six modules installed.
  • Hand-held AT weapons now have "recharge capacitor units" (Ancient Tech "ammo") that you can buy at AT equipment terminals or at facilities with the Equipment module benefit.
  • Phalanx Wall Turrets now have a great upward pivot, allowing them to more easily targeting incoming aircraft.
  • Certification Terminals can now be destroyed.
  • Double-clicking on a Warpgate will now zoom to its linked continent.
  • Hand Grenades will now come in clips of three, though they will require the same amount of inventory space as before. i.e. A clip of three grenades will take up the 2x2 inventory space that a single grenade consumed before.
  • TR Burster will only do direct damage to non-aircraft targets. It will no longer inflict splash damage on infantry and ground vehicles.

Bug Fixes
  • High Resolution Textures will display properly again.
  • Enhanced Targeting will now show the status of enemy Flails beyond 15 meters.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing Infiltrators to remain completely invisible when using the Flail's targeting laser.
  • Infiltrators will now be as visible when using the Flail laser as they would while using any other piece of support equipment.
  • Pistol slot items will no longer be visible in an Infiltration Suit.
  • Hotswapping items will no longer cause infiltrators to become more visible.
  • The Infiltration Status Icon will function properly, giving a visual indicator of how "cloaked" a player is.
  • The nature of the Empire-specific Infiltration Suit models caused some suits to be more visible than others. We have adjusted parameters for each Empire to compensate for this.
  • Damage Decals will no longer show up on water.
  • Scorch decals on a door will not remain stationary when a door opens.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause players to lose Outfit points.
  • Outfits can invite players with a �J or �K appended to their name through the Outfit Window.
  • Fixed an issue where newly created characters could not receive send or receive /tell messages or be added to friends list.
  • Teleporting through Router telepad will no longer cause Darklight to appear with normal field of vision.
  • Energy weapons will leave a damage decal on surfaces again.
  • Wall Turrets that are destroyed and repaired will display the proper textures.
  • Drivers will no spawn in a vehicle with only 1 shot remaining in the vehicle�s weapon clip.
  • Manual binds will no longer remain after deleting character and creating another.
  • Fixed an issue where an avatar could remain in the world after being disconnected.

Other
  • Levels of visibility have been honed for each of the different actions that Infiltrators can take � running, walking, crouch-walking, jumping, and shooting, etc. Further, the level of visibility has been adjusted to account for multiple simultaneous actions, such as jumping and shooting.
  • Infiltrators will remain cloaked when they mount a vehicle, but will be partially visible as long as they occupy the seat. This adjustment does not apply to the wraith, which will remain fully invisible when sitting still, and become more visible at higher speeds.
  • A glow effect and a laser sight effect have been added to the Decimator.
  • Wheeled and Treaded brakes were adjusted in order to allow shorter stopping distances. Vehicles affected: Harasser,
  • Skyguard, Enforcer, Marauder, Lightning, ANT, Deliverer, AMS, Sunderer, Vanguard, Prowler, Wraith, Basilisk. (NOTE:
  • Gearboxes have been tuned to allow "rolling" on hillsides. If the vehicle driver desires to stay in a single spot, simply apply the brakes (spacebar) and the vehicle will stop unless you're on a particularly steep hillside.)
  • Hover vehicle brakes were modified to allow brakes to function more efficiently. Vehicles affected: Magrider, Thresher, Router, Flail, Switchblade.
  • Low-ratio gears (first and second gears) were adjusted (slightly) on the following vehicles in order to increase their torque (starting power) when trying to start moving uphill from a dead stop. Vehicles affected: AMS, Sunderer, Vanguard, Prowler, Magrider, Router, Flail.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-03-03, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

holy crap. i wish i could get on damn parents.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-03-03, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

This will surely stop the zerg it looks amazing
Old 2004-03-03, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Meh.....
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-03-03, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

They look pretty cool

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-03-03, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
I Hate Pants
General

" Cum In Your Pants!" Amazing!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-03-03, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Aurorapro
Private

This is ass kicking now thank the Devs, finally they have pulled a cracker out of the hat! The pics look fantastic i can not wait to play on the test tonight.
Old 2004-03-03, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Woot, i'm gona try to get on for the playtest

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-03, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Diddy Mao
Meh.....
hey jus think it will be one pain in the ass to attack your gunuku u love so much
Old 2004-03-03, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

I'm "Meh....'n" because the Defensive Shield is Tiny, Let's just hope Force domes for sub-capitols and regular bases have a shield that is bigger. Because pull'n up that close with an ant to bring down the wg is suicidal if not stupid all together
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-03-03, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Well look on the bright side, its going to be funny as hell
Old 2004-03-03, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I wish they could accually make some new bases for this stuff.

They have to rush EVERYTHING don't they?

Old 2004-03-03, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
TheN00b
Colonel

Ya, I was really imaginning some kind of huge, multi-level base structure embedded in a volcano or a crevasse .
Old 2004-03-03, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

It looks purdy.....now i wish i could play on teh test server.....som1 burn n send me teh test server now.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-03-03, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Me and a few other people were in an EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE shoutcast with SporkFire, he said that they are gonna make actual buildings for the capitals later, I believe. Remember - I am not completely sure, it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure he said that.

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion