Hardcore/Veteran servers? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside Next was our idea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-24, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BronzeElemental
Private

Hardcore/Veteran servers?

Any news on if there will be hardcore or veteran servers?

Hardcore game modes (minimum UI, faster TTK, harsher death penalties) was always my favourite mode to play and in PS1 I felt that there was wwwwaaaayyyyy too much UI and info in your face. Maybe deleting your character if you die is a bit extreme in PS but tere could be a maximum death cap (like 3 deaths and your dead).

Veteran servers for PS1 vets like me and/or players who have played a minimum time on a regular server would be ideal for playing professional and tense games where everyone knows what they are doing. Keeping the scrubs and general riffraff out would allow crazy dedicated players to live out their armchair general fantasies in peace.

A hardcore-veteran server would be ideal actually.

Last edited by BronzeElemental; 2011-07-24 at 10:18 AM.
Old 2011-07-24, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Hardcore/Veteran servers?

There's no point in alienating new players and veteran players. And since the veteran players would likely be the most populated I don't see the point.

Please stop trying to turn PS into Call of Duty or whatever flavor of month you pick up at BlockBuster's with your mom this weekend. Let it be.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-24, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
LostSoul

Nerf the scrubs.
Old 2011-07-24, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

I have 0 interest in anything like that. The game is supposed to be massive and have noobs and vets playing together in a big ol' fashion throw down. Things like that dilute the servers.
Old 2011-07-24, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Redshift
Major

three deaths and you're dead? gl getting to br2 :P
Old 2011-07-24, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

Confused why this guy hasn't been banned yet. Every single thread he's made has been pants on head retarded.

Planetside isn't call of duty.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BronzeElemental
Private

The only ones mentioning CoD are you guys. CoD didn't invent the hardcore server nor did CoD invent the vets only server. Sorry to say this but I think you guys are obsessed with that game or something, even my thread about a Brink style movement system turned into something about how movement is done in CoD.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Surge72
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Confused why this guy hasn't been banned yet. Every single thread he's made has been pants on head retarded.

Planetside isn't call of duty.
Seconded.

Everything he says seems to suggest he hasn't actually ever played Planetside.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

I just got done playing PS1 like 5 minutes ago, played it for two hours or so. If there was a three deaths and your dead rule i would have just made like 10 characters or so...
Old 2011-07-24, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
BronzeElemental
Private

Originally Posted by cashfoyogash View Post
I just got done playing PS1 like 5 minutes ago, played it for two hours or so. If there was a three deaths and your dead rule i would have just made like 10 characters or so...
Ahhh but where you trying your absolute hardest to stay alive? I know when I really try I usually end up with a vanguard that just wont die. It's actually cloakers shanking me when I hop out to repair that kills me more often than not.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Snow
Private

I think the problem people seem to be having with your topics ElementalBronze is that you are suggesting features that are currently exclusive to the type of solo-play FPS game.
The more you mention features from that sort of game the more people will think you are trying to suggest PS2 should be more like CoD and that is something no veteran would go near with a ten foot barge pole.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

haha i always try my hardest not to die... it was the vanguards running me over that killed me.. i play as a grunt
Old 2011-07-24, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by BronzeElemental View Post
Ahhh but where you trying your absolute hardest to stay alive? I know when I really try I usually end up with a vanguard that just wont die. It's actually cloakers shanking me when I hop out to repair that kills me more often than not.
This idea makes no sense at all. There is no way in hell a player is going to gain any level even if you are the most skills FPS player out there having a death cap of 3 . The server will have absolutely NO interest and be a complete waste of resources on SOE's end.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
BronzeElemental
Private

Alright so the 3 death thing is not such a hot idea. What about the rest of it? Anyone else hate having their exact health/armour/ammo counts splattered all over the screen?

I'm only suggesting things from other, smaller scale FPS games because guess what... there was ONLY ONE OTHER MMOFPS and that was PS itself....
Old 2011-07-24, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I like the UI myself. The original one in PS is not customizable enough in my opinion though. What we need is for people to setup what they want from having everything to bare bones like you want. There is no need to have separate servers for that.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion