Base Capture Summary Idea & Empire Class Breakdown - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Chomp on this!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-26, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Halon
Private

Base Capture Summary Idea & Empire Class Breakdown

Anyone have an opinion on a recap screen showing k/d, assists, exp, etc for your actions in a SOI after it has been captured? PS1 tracked k/d and xp when you logged in, but some people might be used to some more incremental encouragement. This would be a better show of recent performance rather than some small numbers that add to your 10,000 kills or raise your average accuracy by .01%.

Being able to see what your empire's class breakdown could be useful as well, seeing if you are short medics, etc, maybe this could be on your map when highlighting a base? I imagine it will be easy to see what your squad has, but would provide better synergy between lone wolfs/lone squads.

Just brainstorming...
Old 2012-03-26, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

Re: Base Capture Summary Idea & Empire Class Breakdown

Originally Posted by Halon View Post
Anyone have an opinion on a recap screen showing k/d, assists, exp, etc for your actions in a SOI after it has been captured? PS1 tracked k/d and xp when you logged in, but some people might be used to some more incremental encouragement. This would be a better show of recent performance rather than some small numbers that add to your 10,000 kills or raise your average accuracy by .01%.

Being able to see what your empire's class breakdown could be useful as well, seeing if you are short medics, etc, maybe this could be on your map when highlighting a base? I imagine it will be easy to see what your squad has, but would provide better synergy between lone wolfs/lone squads.

Just brainstorming...
Small updates such as this (Sit Reps perhaps they could be called) are indeed incouraging and wil give mini benchmarkers during battles/campaigns. And a class break down by AOO may be very useful fo choosign how you will assist. I know many tiems i had a "general outfitting" just os I could see what was actually needed in PS 1.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Knocky
Major

Maybe on the small and large outposts.....but with the main bases having 5-7 capture points?

I don't need anything popping up on my screen impairing my vision when I need to get my peeps to the next point.
Old 2012-03-26, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Maybe on the small and large outposts.....but with the main bases having 5-7 capture points?

I don't need anything popping up on my screen impairing my vision when I need to get my peeps to the next point.
That's why he said "after it has been captured". He suggested the statistics should appear after you have taken the base -- not while fighting for it.
Old 2012-03-26, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Halon
Private

There would be some tuning to player preference etc, I know a huge pop-up in the middle of your screen for people still in combat is a no-no.

1. It could be a column of stats put along the left edge of the screen (assuming the left edge is going unused)

2. It could be a screen you pull up on your own,which lists your past capture history.

Maybe a combination of both? Depending on outpost battles it could be limited to only the larger bases or outposts that take greater than x amount of time to capture.

Thoughts?
Old 2012-03-26, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I like the idea of a couple of leadership skills that show recent stats of your empire in your hex or the surrounding hexes. Including the class breakdown etc...

A leadership skill higher up the tree that could give you intel on enemy stats and class breakdowns would be pretty useful too!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-03-26, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
kaffis
Contributor
Major

It's worth noting that the page Higby showed at GDC had daily stats, didn't it? I think that's probably a tight enough "floating window" to give you a good way to check improvement, without being so small that people obsess over normal statistical variations and become excessively risk averse to keep those spiky numbers "acceptable" in their minds.
Old 2012-03-26, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Halon
Private

Sure, k/d, accuracy, exp earned are good metrics, but whats to improve upon? Get more kills, die less, be more accurate, maximize xp per hour, these go without saying. I think a summary of your performance at each base could be useful, especially if you find a base you are weak at attacking/defending and want to focus on improving your play. You could probably get the data from the system they have in place, but a post battle/base breakdown might still be useful.

I went over the 4th GDC video, there are player stats in the menu, as well as player inspection through a browser. Both look very effective.

This was mostly started as a way to incorporate BF and COD players with a type of routine scoreboard and as a way to review what you accomplished during your base fight.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the above shooters, I wouldn't mind if something like this was implemented. Maybe a nice feature for players with shorter play sessions as well?

Thoughts?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion