News: Game Update Feb 27 Includes Revive Changes and More - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait, wait, you have to actually "aim" in this game?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-27, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Game Update Feb 27 Includes Revive Changes and More

What the hell did they do to my HUD? Everything's tucked away in a corner.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-02-27, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
What the hell did they do to my HUD? Everything's tucked away in a corner.
it is in preparation for the mission system.

and to those complaining about voice callouts:
enemies can't hear them and things such as "reloading!" or "enemy neutralised" only occur when at least 5 allies are near by, or something.

also, they are adding (and are with this update, if i am not mistaken) a "press q on teammate that needs ammo/health to yell that you can help them" thingy, which is always nice.

i wish to see a PS1-like voice callouts one day still, VGShazbot.
Old 2014-02-27, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
it is in preparation for the mission system....
I suppose I can sacrifice a layout that I was already familiar and comfortable with for a layout with tiny text and icons that are hidden around the UI, as long as it means the mission system is on the way (for real this time).

Old 2014-02-27, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Falcon_br
Captain

Ok, I had all three mega camo bundle, just one extra camo that did not had the full set.
Several of my outfit members got the mega camo bundle just to the infantry, they also got several extra camouoflage on sale to infantry.
Guess which ones has more camouflages now, with less then half the SC!
Also, two guys that got the full dark digital set during the holiday sale for 1500 SC, now have the same camouflage that anyone can have paying 1000 SC for it.
If I receive a cert compensation for that, I wouldn´t know what to do with 40.000 certs.

About the new sniper rifles:
Like I said before:

The NC got by far the best one:
The good
More damage.
Double the standard bullets on the clip (10).
More bullet Speed.
It is the best by far.
Got killed by it several times today.
No delay to shot.
Bad ass look
Strange animation, you cant see the hand pulling something to the left, maybe it is automatic, but is is strange.
The bad
Nothing bad about it, it may be slower be ready to fire again, but no one cares and it is not even 10% slower.

The VS:
The good
No bullet drop.
It can be a bolt action if full charged or a semi auto if fired with no charge.
INFINITE AMMO
No Bullet Drop + infinite ammo = VS easy way to play.
No bullet drop + 1 hit kill + silencer = Too cheese!
A 300m silenced 1 hit kill weapon!
The bad:
Slow bullet speed, really slow, something like the first bolt action, it takes skill to hit moving target, it takes even more skill to hit full charged shots on moving targets!
It could be the best silenced on, but with charging time and slow bullet speed = do not use it on moving targets, kill enemy snipers only with silencer to dont give your position away, the perfect anti sniper rifle with possibility to kill some noobs.

The TR one:
The good:
--------
The bad:
Now the TR got the SABR-13 to the infiltrator!
Yeah, we got the SABR-13 to the infiltrator class!
It is not good at long range, it is not good at close range!

I got 1 hour on the VR training with my full outfit today to figure out how to properly use it:
Do not use 6x scope, never, even, the sway will make the weapon worst! Like it does to the SABR-13.
Use one of the scopes your like, From reflex 2x if you have a great aim to the 3,4 if you like it or the 4x, it really doesn´t matter, I had good effect with all scopes at all ranges.
Three firing modes:
The first two are the same that the SABR-13:
1 bullet: For stationary targets at very long range, or follow up shots if you want they all on the head of a stationary target.
2 bullets: For all ranges, aim at the center of the chest (depends on the range, but it is possible to learn fast), the second shot will be a head shot, do that twice and enemy will be dead. The first shot multiplier must be very low on that mode, like with the sabr-13
3 bullets: Do not use it, only on very close quarters, on long range shots you must aim to the leg so the second shot hits the head, if it hit! Sometime you are luck and all shots hits, most of the times you will hit only two if aiming at the knee, do not use the 3 shots mode unless on CQC that you won´t aim at the head, so you will lose anyway! Use it like the SABR at close range, 2 shots mode and aim at the head!

The new NS-30 sniper rifle can do everything this weapon does, but much better...

The SAOS-20 (the infiltrator previous useless full auto rifles) now have low recoil, and great precision, you can kill medium range enemies with half the clip, at close range all shots will land on target, this weapons is great now! Too bad I never got it because everyone agreed it was useless.

The battle rifles are like sniper rifles with less damage, they are kind of fun to use now against enemy snipers.

Everyone received the first shotgun for free.
I am just sad because I didn´t know the questionary was just for one character, I used it on my TR and I had all weapons I could select, I am sad because I could unlock a weapon with a character from another faction, but I didn´t because I didn´t know that, maybe I will open a ticket just because of that.
The questionary gives you:
For the TR:
All Classes:
Cell Camouflage
1 hours boost
Infiltator: Tsar-42
Light assault: t5 amc
Medic: cycler TRV
Engineer: t5 amc
Heavy: t16 rhino
Max: mutilator right arm

Don´t know what weapons the other factions can choose, I wish to know so I can ask for one on my ticket.

Also, the NS-15p is on the top of everyone heavy assault class, everyone was telling, nice another weapon free, but no one can use, and I got this question several times: how do I unlock it? And I explained it several times.
Also every time someone logged in I started talking to him before he could choose something wrong on the questionary, because before I started playing several players tried to unlock something they already have while they could get a new gun. About 1/3 of my outfit chose to unlock a weapon they already had.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-02-28, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Does anyone know which answers on the in-game survey translate to which classes? And what items do you get exactly?

Old 2014-02-28, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The goodies are laid out in a surprisingly helpful thread on the official forums:
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...u-what.175230/

Old 2014-02-28, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Where did the Alpha Squad and Loyal Soldier camos go?

Old 2014-03-01, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Palerion
Sergeant Major

This is kind of a sucky update IMO. Not to sound entitled or anything but I'm not sure if anyone's going to pay to hear more voices. I'm sick and tired of all the characters sounding pre-pubescent.

Not willing to pay to fix this, these guys should sound like men and the girls should sound like they're in a military unit, not like they're at a freaking tea party. Give the game some grit, make the voiceovers not be high-pitched whines.

I point to battlefield 3 as my example. Not that the vulgarity is necessary as this is a teen game but come on guys...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion