News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 29 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does It For The Chicks
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-28, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #421
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Here is my chat log:

TSR Tim L.: Hi, my name is TSR Tim L..
xxxx soe: hi
TSR Tim L.: I am looking into this
xxxx soe: Thanks
TSR Tim L.: No problem
xxxx soe: I am also concerned that if my account didn't receive the 30 days properly, that it may interfere with me being in the candidate pool for the Planetside 2 beta. Is there any way to confirm if my account status properly shows me as being a previous Planetside subscriber?
TSR Tim L.: Ok, I have granted you a few days of play time - you can get in now. I am going to forward this to my managers to have the rest of the time added
TSR Tim L.: Don't worry, it is not tied into that.
xxxx soe: Thank you very much.
TSR Tim L.: Its more of a billing system thing.
xxxx soe: Alright, awesome. You rock
TSR Tim L.: Thank you very much!
TSR Tim L.: Have a wonderful morning.
xxxx soe: Have a good day.
So if you haven't gotten your time yet, they are aware of the problem, but if you want to you can get in touch with customer support and they'll give you some temporary time until it's fixed. Very handy for downloading the client in preparation for July 1st.

Also, according to him, this shouldn't mean there will be any problems relating to beta. Hopefully this is accurate information.
Old 2012-06-28, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #422
Platinumstorm
Private

will have to get in touch with CS as well.
Old 2012-06-28, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #423
Razicator
First Sergeant

Ok this is just ridiculous. I waited in line again and was essentially told to just wait till July 1 anyways... ugh. I just have all the bad luck eh? Worst part is, the guy told me that I would have PS1 access for only 20 minutes just to download the client, yet when I checked I never had any access at all, either in the launcher or in my SOE account. Still can't download the client. /Sigh

TSR Samuel I.: Hi, my name is TSR Samuel I..
XXXXX soe: Hello!
XXXXX soe: How are you?
TSR Samuel I.: I am good, thanks for asking, let me take a look at your problem description
XXXXX soe: Awesome!
TSR Samuel I.: One moment while I look into this
TSR Samuel I.: Ok your account seems fine, they are still in the process of granting it. For right now you will need to sit tight and wait for it to be granted.
XXXXX soe: A bunch of other people had three days added to their account, think you can do that for me? It's just so I can download the client for now
TSR Samuel I.: Let me ask
TSR Samuel I.: one moment please
XXXXX soe: Thanks!
TSR Samuel I.: Ok so it looks like you will be granted time in about the next 20 minutes or so
XXXXX soe: awesome thanks!
TSR Samuel I.: Anything else I can do for you?
XXXXX soe: Nope I'm good
TSR Samuel I.: Thank you for contacting SOE, Have an excellent day

Last edited by Razicator; 2012-06-28 at 01:43 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-28, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #424
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Laraza View Post
I got a 3 day pass while they look into adding the other 27 days. However, I'm still not able to log in.

I'm also concerned with how this affects our status as PS1 veterans for the PS2 beta. If the account database isn't up to date by now, then how can they be sure of our priority for PS2 beta?
Your status as a former PS1 player should not be affected. I can't go into specifics of why some accounts weren't flagged, but I can assure you that Customer Service is taking care of anyone we missed.
Old 2012-06-28, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #425
Bags
Lieutenant General

Two of my friends who are vets still have closed accounts.
Old 2012-06-28, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #426
Zation
Private

It appears that your account should have received the time but did not get it due to a bug that has been effecting many previous PlanetSide subscribers who are also not receiving their time correctly. In order to resolve this issue I will need to forward this issue over to our management team for further review. They will e-mail you once the time has been added. Is there anything else I can assist you with before doing so?
This is the respons i got. I geuss its a bug and not just them not having gotten around to it yet. I do wonder why some are getting gametime, and some not :P
Old 2012-06-28, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #427
blbeta
Corporal

I don't mind waiting if it is going to happen, but I too have not yet received time.

Should I bug customer support or no?
Old 2012-06-28, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #428
DrShadowSML
Private

I'm currently 5th in queue so we'll see what I get!

AND THE ANSWER IS....(drumroll)....
[12:31:30 PM] Hi, my name is TSR Oliver D..
[12:31:58 PM] TSR Oliver D.: One moment please, while I look into this for you. Thank You.
[12:33:18 PM] TSR Oliver D.: Unfortunately this is a known issue, I will need to escalate your account to our Platform team for further investigation. You will be notified by email with more information regarding your account or if your issue has been resolved.

All that waiting for nothing, lol oh well.
Old 2012-06-28, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #429
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

I sent them a message via email; they added the game time and I got this message.

Originally Posted by Customer Service
Greetings [redacted],

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Your refund request has been processed. Please allow 5-7 business days for the funds to post to your account.

*Refunds processed within 4 days of the order date will drop off your account.

We have created this knowledge base to assist our customers in finding the answers they need http://www.soe.com/en/support/If you have any other questions for us please let us know.

Regards,
CSR Steven
I just hope the vet status thing is properly sorted out before beta!

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Your status as a former PS1 player should not be affected. I can't go into specifics of why some accounts weren't flagged, but I can assure you that Customer Service is taking care of anyone we missed.
Is there somewhere we can forward account names to, to make sure they're added to the fix list?

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.

Last edited by Khrusky; 2012-06-28 at 03:00 PM.
Old 2012-06-28, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #430
Deathfyre
Private

I sent an email this morning about the game time and I had a reply by tonight that just said my issue was resolved, they added the 30 days. I guess they figured out what happened and are just giving the time to people that ask for it.
Old 2012-06-28, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #431
ColovianFurHelm
Private

Originally Posted by Razicator View Post
Ok this is just ridiculous. I waited in line again and was essentially told to just wait till July 1 anyways... ugh. I just have all the bad luck eh? Worst part is, the guy told me that I would have PS1 access for only 20 minutes just to download the client, yet when I checked I never had any access at all, either in the launcher or in my SOE account. Still can't download the client. /Sigh

TSR Samuel I.: Hi, my name is TSR Samuel I..
XXXXX soe: Hello!
XXXXX soe: How are you?
TSR Samuel I.: I am good, thanks for asking, let me take a look at your problem description
XXXXX soe: Awesome!
TSR Samuel I.: One moment while I look into this
TSR Samuel I.: Ok your account seems fine, they are still in the process of granting it. For right now you will need to sit tight and wait for it to be granted.
XXXXX soe: A bunch of other people had three days added to their account, think you can do that for me? It's just so I can download the client for now
TSR Samuel I.: Let me ask
TSR Samuel I.: one moment please
XXXXX soe: Thanks!
TSR Samuel I.: Ok so it looks like you will be granted time in about the next 20 minutes or so
XXXXX soe: awesome thanks!
TSR Samuel I.: Anything else I can do for you?
XXXXX soe: Nope I'm good
TSR Samuel I.: Thank you for contacting SOE, Have an excellent day
I'm not sure if you've figured out you probably have time now by now; But you misread it. He said "You will be granted time in about the next 20 minutes or so" not for the next 20 minutes or so.

Last edited by ColovianFurHelm; 2012-06-28 at 07:51 PM.
Old 2012-06-28, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #432
Razicator
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ColovianFurHelm View Post
I'm not sure if you've figured out you probably have time now by now; But you misread it. He said "You will be granted time in about the next 20 minutes or so" not for the next 20 minutes or so.
Oh trust me, I kept checking the next 3+ hours Still no email or PS1. I'll just send an email I suppose tomorrow if things don't work out yet.
Old 2012-06-28, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #433
Sephirex
Major

Talking Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I can't go into specifics of why some accounts weren't flagged,
Translate : We REALLY don't want you back.
Old 2012-06-28, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #434
Punisher
Private

Haven't gotten mine either...BUT my wife never updated her password after the hack! SO, I can at least download the game and perhaps play as her character until I get my time sorted out...Hopefully something will happen tomorrow.

Guess, I'll be running around with a girls name for a little while.

EDIT: Cool, Played for a couple hours on my wife's toon, just checked my station account and it was there. Thanks CSR's!

Last edited by Punisher; 2012-06-29 at 12:14 AM.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #435
DrShadowSML
Private

Within 24 hours from my customer service ticket, I got an e-mail back:
"Welcome back to Planetside! I've gone ahead and added the missing time onto your account. You should be all set my friend. Happy Gaming!"

I would highly suggest that those people who do not have access to PS1 free time yet, to conctact customer service, they are nice people, just be ready to waite up to an hour in queue, or more. SEE YOU ALL IN GAME!!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion