Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So do we get a second chance?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-04-07, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger

Hey guys,

Recently, I watched EnergyOne's PSA ramblings
Player Balance concern over Connery and Helos Merger

I was kind of bother by this and wanted your guys opinion on it? Has anyone seen any offical SOE talk of the Connery and Helos merger in the forums? Does EnergyOne raise a valid piont.

P.S. For the record, I think that this video is only 50% valid because it does not factor in TTA on Connery or Intra-outfit Vanu Platoons on Connery. After all Connery is where there truelly is "No quit in the TR" and Vanu "fight harder" together overcomming impossible odds.

*intra = around hence intraoutfit platoons are platoons of mixed outfit members. Actually to do a shout out the, Connery VS are pretty innovative in this regard compared to the NC or TR. (Of course TR have the TTA Battle.net map to compensate and NC outfits have recently started working together more openly).

Last edited by HelpLuperza; 2013-04-07 at 05:19 PM.
Old 2013-04-07, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GkSancehz
Private

Re: Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger

He does raise a valid point, not for the fact that we are going to get merged with capable outfits, VS, TR and NC, but for the fact that the NC active population is going to grow to the point in which trying to do any kind of strategy or outsmarting is going to be futile because the moment they realize what is happening they only need one /orders to send a couple of platoons to destroy everything you had planned, so yeah. I know that the TR and the VS over at connery are capable, otherwise you wouldn't still be playing against the devil dogs, but the sheer amount of NC that is going to be in the server once/if we merge is just going to be ridiculous, game breaking ridiculous.
Old 2013-04-07, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
snafus
Sergeant Major

The sheer number of NC will be a very large challenge. But I believe if all outfits from both servers communicate and start working together tightly early on. Then we can not only hold the NC but win the majority of our fights. It will come down to how well we can both incorporate all the new faces and opinions into the already standing alliances and try to grow from there.

Old 2013-04-08, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Staticelf
Sergeant

Maybe its just us but the templars (TPLR) dont really fear 666th. They are rarely organized. Despite 2000+ members they seem to usually only have a full platoon or 1 1/2 platoon in number which isnt unstoppable with coordination. Unless they bring a tidal wave of pugs along they arent too effective. Quality over quantity obviously counts....because if it were the otherway around VS on Connery would always be stuck in our warpgate.

We have way more respect for smaller NC units like X and GOLD that are tiny but will whip you with their superior tactics and organization.

Last edited by Staticelf; 2013-04-08 at 12:08 AM.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Staticelf View Post
Maybe its just us but the templars (TPLR) dont really fear 666th. They are rarely organized. Despite 2000+ members they seem to usually only have a full platoon or 1 1/2 platoon in number which isnt unstoppable with coordination. Unless they bring a tidal wave of pugs along they arent too effective. Quality over quantity obviously counts....because if it were the otherway around VS on Connery would always be stuck in our warpgate.

We have way more respect for smaller NC units like X and GOLD that are tiny but will whip you with their superior tactics and organization.
Every single NC/TR player and outfit is a farm.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I find this video to be meh. I have personally found the TR and VS on Connery to be extremely competitive/capable compared to other servers. I would go as far to say that TR and VS outfits on Connery are some of the best outfits in the game. Extremely organized, play well with each other from the looks of it and are very good at overcoming the sheer numbers the NC can throw at them. Hell VS took Indar a few nights back.

Lets look at what we have here.

TR: They have a Alliance rolling on their side with quite a few good outfits in it. TTA if I remember correctly is the Alliance name. We have run into them quite a few times and they always manage to put up one hell of a good fight.

TR Outfits that are organized and seem to get shit done from my experience are:

Mercs: Awesome Pilots in this outfit and also runs a good ground game. Snafu is currently on my wanted list. Seems to always show up out of the middle of no where raining death down from above.
TXR: Highly organized and a blast to fight. I really love fighting against them.
TRG: One of the biggest TR outfits but puts up a excellent fight.
Red thunder for the late evening/early morning fights can be a pain in the ass. [LIST]
56RD: Always a pleasure to fight these guys. They are almost a identical match to the X so it makes for some real interesting fights.
D - Organized and fun to fight against. Good mix of Air and land fighters.

VS also has some great outfits on them. I do not know if the VS are sporting any alliances like the TR and NC are. If so I would love to know so we can schedule up some Alliance fights.

FutureCrew (FCRW): Awesome air game. Some awesome Lib/Scythe pilots. Always have to have a few dedicated AA MAX's on the lookout when heading into the VS territory.
Templar Order (TPLR) : Always a pleasure to fight you guys. We always have to be on our toes when we run into you. Highly organized and knows how to get shit done.
BAID: Always a pleasure to fights against. They seem to be highly organized from what I have seen know how to get shit done.
PCYS: Also highly organized and annoying to fight. Their like that bug you want to swat but keeps coming back.

The list goes on and I know I left a lot off and I apologize if I didn't get you up there just pressed for time being stuck at work. But Needless to say... I do not see either TR or VS having any issues come the server merge. IMO, you guys from Helios are going to have a lot of catching up to do. Sheer numbers do not mean shit on this server. Raw skill and talent win the day here and tactics are a must. I didn't even get into NC who are running some very formidable outfits/Alliances.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-04-10 at 03:57 AM.
Old 2013-04-08, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Staticelf
Sergeant

HMR85 - "Sheer numbers do not mean shit on this server. Raw skill and talent win the day here and tactics are a must."

Correct...

It's good to see members from all three Connery empires here promoting how good our outfits are!? I have seen posts from other servers where they either hate each other or spend all their time complaining about each other?

Makes me almost like you guys (if only you weren't evil empire and captain 'murica scum)

I agree that the Helios boyz better be ready to roll when we merge because we have all been upping our game and adapting quickly to all the changes.

As the embedded media adept of TPLR I coinded the term "TEMPLARS FIGHT" as our (unofficial) motto because we prefer to set up epic base defenses by kicking the hornet nest then bunkering in instead of starting the back capping merry go round.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUgjvTEWEkc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE4A1RbYDPU

Like and Subscribe!!! That means NC and TR too! Hey! You may see yourself on the business end of my Flare in my vids! (don't worry I'm probably more dangerous to my own crew than to you)

Last edited by Staticelf; 2013-04-08 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2013-04-08, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Masbts
Private

I'm not that worried about the masses of NC.

The way I figure it, the Connery TR and VS can fend for themselves vs the NC.
And from what i've heard, can't say from experience though, the Helios TR and VS can hold up pretty well against their NC as well, so when we merge, while the NC will get a huge pop boost, the other two factions will get a boost as well, tactically and numerically. Here is hoping that we all get along and can work together, I think that is a key part as well.
Old 2013-04-08, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Zergs and overwhelming numbers are frustrating to oppose IMO not because of sheer number or even player skill but rather server lag, It's infuriating to fight in a area with multiple platoons because of the drop in FPS but that's a entirely different topic...

Multiple Platoons can be stopped by just destroying soft targets like Sunderer' and squad beacons or stemming the flow from a Spawn Room with Light Assault teams. Let the Helios grunts come over, the're Outfits will die and respawn like anyone else, I look forward to the fight
Old 2013-04-09, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I love statements like this. Always good the enemy hasn't a clue what's going on.

The populations for all empires go up and down through out the day. The bottom line is more players will be better and we'll most likely see 2 conts pop-locked by all three factions with the rest on the 3rd. Global population means nothing when the cont is full and their are no Global objectives.

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-04-09 at 04:10 PM.
Old 2013-04-09, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
GkSancehz
Private

After reading the replies in here I am exited to go up against the organized outfits in connery, we VS at helios usually get 3 types of fights,
1- We get zerged by ADK/3KDC we we dont have the numbers to hold them
2- Basically ghost cap
And 3rd, and this one rarely ever happens, is we get into an actual good fight against equal numbers, if we ever do it it's usually against TR, LUA and EXE to be specific, both great TR outfits and a blast to go up against.
What I'm looking forward to is having a regular occurrence of those types of fights but also against the NC.
Looking forward to go up against the mentioned X and GOLD

Last edited by GkSancehz; 2013-04-09 at 05:16 PM.
Old 2013-04-09, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Staticelf
Sergeant

Soooooo I don't know what Im talking about because Im not scared of your unorganized outfit?

Lol

See you on the surface pig.
Old 2013-04-09, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Soooooo I don't know what Im talking about because Im not scared of your unorganized outfit?

Lol

See you on the surface pig.
Oh no. You just don't know what we do, or at least, you can't see it because you're focused on your localized experience. You demonstrate that with your estimate of our numbers. We typically have about 100 in the field, with various infantry units in different locations, supported by our Armor and Air. These numbers are much greater on the weekends.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-04-09, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Staticelf
Sergeant

I think my "localized experience" was capturing Indar the other night with the other VS so Im not sure what you are talking about. Where were your 2000 that night?

You mad pig?
Old 2013-04-09, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SgtMAD
Captain

I think my "localized experience" was capturing Indar the other night with the other VS so Im not sure what you are talking about. Where were your 2000 that night?

You mad pig?
so this game sucks so badly that the VS are now bragging about stealing a cont in the middle of the friggin night?

ya gotta be kiddin' me
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)